Ladeside 14/15

KLadeside

Last night my aunt ( Helen Robertson) passed away she had 35 year service in the committee as well as lifelong fan. She was an inspiration to me and the person who took me to games in a buggy as a child. Am sure plenty on here will remember her from our pie shop she will be sadly missed by all our family and am sure in the juniors as a whole.. rest in peace xx

Condolences mate to you and your family and kilbirnie fans. She would be proud the passion you guys have for your club.

Most of us have been taken to the junior football by relatives when young, many of them will sadly no longer be around. All about keeping the passion they had going and trying to pass it on the the next generation. It's how the junior football has survived people like your aunt. RIP.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night my aunt ( Helen Robertson) passed away she had 35 year service in the committee as well as lifelong fan. She was an inspiration to me and the person who took me to games in a buggy as a child. Am sure plenty on here will remember her from our pie shop she will be sadly missed by all our family and am sure in the juniors as a whole.. rest in peace xx

Really sorry to hear of the passing of Helen, she was a wonderful woman who my whole family called her "Wee Mum".

She took me and my family on our first ever holiday to Morecambe in the early 70's, in her blue maxi car.........

My thoughts are with Sharon and the rest of the family at this time.

Condolences mate to you and your family and kilbirnie fans. She would be proud the passion you guys have for your club.

Most of us have been taken to the junior football by relatives when young, many of them will sadly no longer be around. All about keeping the passion they had going and trying to pass it on the the next generation. It's how the junior football has survived people like your aunt. RIP.

cheers mate.a folk like my aunt give up there Friday and Saturday for a football club for nothing in return. Just the love of the game and club. She spent 35 year making soup and preparing food for players etc only to miss the home games due to sitting in a pie shop for all us punters.. away games she loved as she got to actually see the games and have a few drams.. dragging me along to Aberdeen in Scottish on team bus at half 5 in morning is memory's ill never forget. Folk like this are an inspiration. Obviously my aunt was more than just football to me but the passion she installed in me for my club will never leave and I hope our team can do her proud this season

Really sorry to hear of the passing of Helen, she was a wonderful woman who my whole family called her "Wee Mum".

She took me and my family on our first ever holiday to Morecambe in the early 70's, in her blue maxi car.........

My thoughts are with Sharon and the rest of the family at this time.

can't work out who you are mate but ill pass on your regards to Sharon.. my old dears lived down there in 70s!

I'm sure i speak for everyone at Newlandsfield, thoughts are with you. Always good to read stories about why we all ended up supporting junior teams, and mine is similar to yours.

The goalie situation draggin on a bit

Not worried as yet as it's only the Scarlett just now but hopefully it's sorted soon. Another couple goalies at training the other night & 1 of them will probably start tomorrow

If the Fahey deal does fall through hopefully plan b for belter will be the option

Signing News: tonight we have secured the signature of centre half billy Gibson, formerly Linlithgow , ex rangers, Partick , Clyde st pats in Ireland

Ex Ayr United to if I mind right must be getting old

Nicely asking - can a Blastie get ahold of tomorrow's Dalry team listing at the game and get in touch with me? First and second names for players if possible. Sunrise

Nicely asking - can a Blastie get ahold of tomorrow's Dalry team listing at the game and get in touch with me? First and second names for players if possible. Sunrise

ill be there and will tweet the team lines if you want.

ill be there and will tweet the team lines if you want.

Archived