Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

Whatever happens with this the only thing I think we all agree upon is that it doesn't turn into the shitfest that Sturgeon/Lamont turned into.

I suspect it will be somewhat more cordial than that, but I really hope that STV abandon the format they used during the Sturgeon debates, especially the cross examination portion, which just becomes a shouting match.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect it will be somewhat more cordial than that, but I really hope that STV abandon the format they used during the Sturgeon debates, especially the cross examination portion, which just becomes a shouting match.

I agree with this , the "Sturgeon" debates, were a car crash

I agree with this , the "Sturgeon" debates, were a car crash

The Moore debate was pretty polite and they both attempted to engage the arguments. Carmichael fell apart and Sturgeon wiped the floor with him, hence his removal from prominence. Sarwar decided to stop her from speaking at all and got a bit of a doin, hence HIS removal from prominence. Lamont decided that the Sarwar tactic was best, and went at it as if she was coked up. That was a particularly awful piece of TV. Stairheid rammy (to quote every political journo the following day) was probably the most apt description.

The Moore debate was pretty polite and they both attempted to engage the arguments. Carmichael fell apart and Sturgeon wiped the floor with him, hence his removal from prominence. Sarwar decided to stop her from speaking at all and got a bit of a doin, hence HIS removal from prominence. Lamont decided that the Sarwar tactic was best, and went at it as if she was coked up. That was a particularly awful piece of TV. Stairheid rammy (to quote every political journo the following day) was probably the most apt description.

Sturgeon JUST SHOUTS ALL THE TIME!!!!!, but it has to be someone stronger that Rona in charge, she just could not shut Sturgeon up,

Sturgeon JUST SHOUTS ALL THE TIME!!!!!, but it has to be someone stronger that Rona in charge, she just could not shut Sturgeon up,

I disagree. Sturgeon started the shouting when up against Sarwar (who shouted) & the astonished one (who shouted IN CAPITAL LETTERS WITH EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!)

McBookie running a book on the winner.

Salmond 8/11

Darling 6/5

Salmond will obviously win the debate, but if its decided by a phone vote I would be very wary of punting on this!

This is mental. How can you lay a bet on something so subjective. Regardless of the outcome the Daily Record will claim Darling won it.

The No campaign would do well to dampen down the expectations here and big up Salmond the debater. They want a situation whereby if Darling manages to come through the debate without tripping over his own shoelaces then he is awarded the victory (I'm yet to convince he'll manage this but hey ho).

The No campaign would do well to dampen down the expectations here and big up Salmond the debater.

Have you seen the no campaign?

To quote the great Tucker they're "Flapping around like Christ in a crucifix shop."

I disagree. Sturgeon started the shouting when up against Sarwar (who shouted) & the astonished one (who shouted IN CAPITAL LETTERS WITH EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!)

no surprise there then

Clearly you've never met Johann Lamont.

Watch FMQs. Every time, Lamont gets into a wee tizz and every time Salmond puts her in his back pocket. It's really quite amusing.

Archived