Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he's invited Cameron to a debate on that date.

Well, he hasn;t invited anyone - it was stv who is arranging the debate. That notwithstanding, Cameron has said no, darling had accepted STV's offer for that date. What exactly is Salmond and the Yes campaign gaining out of this?

"I'm not free on Sunday to have coffee with you. I have invited Angelina Jolie on a date. She's said no several times but I'm only available for coffee on Monday"

Yeah cos that's PRECISELY what it's like.

"I'm not free on Sunday to have coffee with you. I have invited Angelina Jolie on a date. She's said no several times but I'm only available for coffee on Monday"

Cant believe she turned down a chap with such charisma and witty repartee as yourself for Brad Pitt.

Look I think your going have to give us another 5 or 6 examples before we are going to get your point.

Cant understand why YOU (a NO voter ) are not utterly relieved that Darling WONT debate Salmond.

Sh*tting out of a debate will not be as bad as being sh*t on in a debate.

Yeah cos that's PRECISELY what it's like.

"I'm not free on Sunday to have coffee with you" --> Salmond declines debate on 16th July with Darling

"I have invited Angelina Jolie on a date" --> Salmond offers to debate Cameron on 16th July

"She's said no several times but I'm only available for coffee on Monday" --> Cameron rejects any and all offers to debate Salmond repeatedly, but Salmond insists he's only prepared to debate Darling in August

It's exactly what it's like.

I'm starting to think that there might be a plan in place for the 16th July anyway. Maybe a video will go up with Salmond facing an empty podium or something like that. It would spread through social media pretty fast and could embarrass Cameron if it's done expertly.

"I'm not free on Sunday to have coffee with you" --> Salmond declines debate on 16th July with Darling

"I have invited Angelina Jolie on a date" --> Salmond offers to debate Cameron on 16th July

"She's said no several times but I'm only available for coffee on Monday" --> Cameron rejects any and all offers to debate Salmond repeatedly, but Salmond insists he's only prepared to debate Darling in August

No, Ad Lib, no it isn't. Have a word with yourself.

I'm starting to think that there might be a plan in place for the 16th July anyway. Maybe a video will go up with Salmond facing an empty podium or something like that. It would spread through social media pretty fast and could embarrass Cameron if it's done expertly.

The way the Clint Eastwood empty chair patter worked for Mitt Romney?

The way the Clint Eastwood empty chair patter worked for Mitt Romney?

Forgot about that. The thing is though, Clint Eastwood is a senile old man who spouts shite. It doesn't even have to be that good to be honest - just come out making Cameron look worse.

Darling:I'll have tea with mr salmond anytime anyplace

STV:Would you like to have tea with mr salmond on the 16th?

Darling:Yeah, alright

STV:Mr Salmond, would you like tea with mr darling on the 16th

Salmond: No, after the commonwealth games

STV: Alright

Darling: WAAAAAAH

You understand so little, Libby. It's because you haven't lived yet.

Fifth of August it is then.

I fully expect Darling to pull out at short notice.I Just can't see him willingly turning up to be beaten, especially with Ponsonby arguably a less "friendly" moderator to BT.

This is my thoughts aswell,he will want to only go for the bbc debate

I can picture it now

"Welcome to the bbc debate between horrible horrible eck against lovely cuddly darling.Our audience is made up of neutrals from errr rural perthshire and each member has been given a box with 2 buttons which they will press one button when they disagree with horrible horrible eck and press the other button when darlings eyebrows move"

This is my thoughts aswell,he will want to only go for the bbc debate

I can picture it now

"Welcome to the bbc debate between horrible horrible eck against lovely cuddly darling.Our audience is made up of neutrals from errr rural perthshire and each member has been given a box with 2 buttons which they will press one button when they disagree with horrible horrible eck and press the other button when darlings eyebrows move"

Whats the format of the BBC debate? STV appear to want a presidential style head to head. Is the BBC offering the same thing or will it be a Question Time stlye panel. Salmond, Darling, Myrphy, Brown, Carmichael, and Ruth Davidson hosted by the impartial daughter of a former Labour party leader?

Archived