Champions League 2014/15

lichtie23

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine having to latch onto Man City to boost your self esteem because your own side is a fucking shambles. What a fucking pathetic existence.

Harsh, yet fair.

I don't think anyone has claimed Bayern are average. They are missing a few players though and if last night represents a normal defensive performance from them then the likes of Chelsea, or the big two from Spain will destroy them. The bookies have them favourites to win the CL, but I don't agree.

I like your logic though. We play Brora Rangers on Saturday. They are unbeaten after 18 games in the league with a goal difference of 78, are they the best team in the world?

Bayern still took the piss against City last night and it was pretty hard to notice they were a man down, they are a far better team and put English football into harsh perspective, two individual errors from a team who didn't even need a result hardly changes anything but it was enjoyable to watch and fair play to city for not throwing the towel in because no way did they look like winning it with 10 to go

Not much to separate Bayern and Real Madrid IMO

For much of the game last night, even when down to 10 men Bayern hardly looked like they left 2nd gear. Dominating large spells of the game. But for 2 individual errors, and some great finishing to be fair to aguero, they would have seen out the game last night and city would be out.

Have to agree that the only teams ahead of them in world football are Madrid and Barca - I think they'd give both a pretty good game though.

I also think that behind those three come Chelsea. On both current form and squad. They are by far and away the strongest team in England and I don't see many European teams posing much of a threat this season. Depending on the draw I see at least a semi final from mourinhos men this season.

For much of the game last night, even when down to 10 men Bayern hardly looked like they left 2nd gear. Dominating large spells of the game. But for 2 individual errors, and some great finishing to be fair to aguero, they would have seen out the game last night and city would be out.

Have to agree that the only teams ahead of them in world football are Madrid and Barca - I think they'd give both a pretty good game though.

I also think that behind those three come Chelsea. On both current form and squad. They are by far and away the strongest team in England and I don't see many European teams posing much of a threat this season. Depending on the draw I see at least a semi final from mourinhos men this season.

PSG 5th?

As much as i like Zaba as a player you cant be serious ...Surely not?

Last season it was Yaya that carried City all the way to be crowned Champions. Suarez got all the headlines at Liverpool but for me it was close between the 2 of them for the Player Of The Year award.

Last night City beat , IMO, the best team in World football without Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho,Silva and Dzeko. I cant think of many teams that could have 4 or 5 of their better players missing and still perform to that level.

Perform to what level exactly? Did you actually think City were decent last night? They were played off the park for the majority of the game against a team with 10 men.

Barring a Xabi Alonso misplaced pass they would have lost the game last night.

Aguero is sensational though there is no doubt about that.

Last night City beat , IMO, the best team in World football without Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho,Silva and Dzeko. I cant think of many teams that could have 4 or 5 of their better players missing and still perform to that level.

Against an already qualified Bayern side, that played the majority of the game with 10 men and were missing Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Martinez and Gotze.

Heroes, every last one of them.

PSG 5th?

Chelsea comfortably ahead of PSG, IMO. So i guess, yes, PSG are the only viable contender for 5th best in the world. Behind that there are 10-15 team who are all comfortably capable of beating each other on any given night.

The Champions League winner doesn't come outwith Bayern,Real Madrid or Chelsea this year. That's pretty obvious.

I think it's hard to write off Barca with the squad they have/Messi. Clearly not the best defensively but hard to say they wont be there or there about come May.

PSG have no chance and I would be more than confident the mentioned three beat Barca over two legs.

Barca have some outstanding individuals but they are still a bit a way from being an outstanding unit.

Archived