Champions League 2014/15

lichtie23

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic game at The Etihad, and a massive final round of group games to see who goes through.

Excellent performance from Chelsea as well, absolutely thumped the Germans in their own backyard, and being able to rest players in the final group game will be a big benefit when the EPL games are coming thick and fast in December.

The Champions League is getting good as the group stages draw to a close, although it really would be better if there was Scottish teams involved.

You're an absolute fanny.

Why do so many get their knickers in a twist over Townsend? I really couldn't care less when he wants the English teams to do well...it's no big deal. It seems that as soon as one poster has a go others follow like sheep :huh:

It really is funny how he manages to rattle so many people on here. No Scottish commentator has ever been supportive of Scottish teams, ever.

I'm not sure. I thought that maybe if they drew 1-1 and were left with identical head to head records City would go through on goal difference?

No in that case roma would have a better head to head by virtue of the most away goals in games between the two

Mark Clangerberg has had an absolute shocker in the Shakhtar-Bilbao match. A Bilbao defender makes the sort of fingertip save on the goal line which Joe Hart could only dream of, and not only does he not give a penalty, he books the Shakhtar player for dissent!

I think Mark might be sitting out the next round of matches.

I'm not sure. I thought that maybe if they drew 1-1 and were left with identical head to head records City would go through on goal difference?

If they draw 1-1 and CSKA lose then Man City would go through on goal difference, but if they draw 1-1 and CSKA draw then Roma would go through and City would finish bottom.

Miles better. Against top class opposition Toure is just a big slow passenger who can't defend, can't mark, won't mark, won't run or give a f**k.

I would probably put Zabaleta and maybe Kompany up there too. Kompany's form I think has suffered a little in the last year or so though. However, I can't really think of many better players in their respective positions than Zaba and Vince.

Aguero however is without doubt World Class. Best player in Britain by a mile. I reckon Bayern or Real Madrid will be in for him next summer.

Nah, Toure's a big lazy b*****d who doesn't give a f**k about the team and performs when it suits him.

As much as i like Zaba as a player you cant be serious ...Surely not?

Last season it was Yaya that carried City all the way to be crowned Champions. Suarez got all the headlines at Liverpool but for me it was close between the 2 of them for the Player Of The Year award.

Last night City beat , IMO, the best team in World football without Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho,Silva and Dzeko. I cant think of many teams that could have 4 or 5 of their better players missing and still perform to that level.

And it's highly debatable that Bayern are the best team in World football.

Apart from that, good post.

Of course it is debatable. That is why i said it was my opinion. :rolleyes:

City are the first team to beat them since August. They have won 15 of their last 18 games and drawn the other 3 in all competition including going to Rome and destroying Roma

Aye they are just an average Bayern team with nothing to play for. :lol:

Last night City beat , IMO, the best team in World football without Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho,Silva and Dzeko. I cant think of many teams that could have 4 or 5 of their better players missing and still perform to that level.

An incredible achievement. It really is.

Archived