New T in the Park Site (for 2015)

FlyerTon

I've been reliably informed by a relative working in the oil industry who has regular direct involvement with the Forties Pipeline, that the concerns which led to T being moved from Balado are totally unfounded. The pipeline is apparently far enough underground that it would take deep excavation or an earthquake to cause any damage. Also, a 'pig' is frequently sent down the pipeline to carry out internal safety inspections and all is well.

Exactly - are they to have us believe that the festival got the go ahead throughout the years when there was a pipeline there that they didn't now about that was a legitimate risk to the public? Get a grip FFS!

Balado made TITP for me, everything about the area reminds me of T and i drive past it often and my mind often wonders back to how many great times I've had there, moving it to Strathallan was a bold move and one that has been unsuccessful for many. It could well have been a total disaster had a few of the evacuee's been struck down and killed by passing motors or frozen to death whilst trying to walk to civilisation.

A guy i spoke to at work said he had never seen anything like it, there were cars that weren't empty and people were so desperate that they were just opening the doors trying to get in just to get away from there, like life boats leaving a sinking ship.

I may be being OTT but i genuinely think there is a threat to the future of the festival. A lot of people saying they will never go back to Strathallan and to take it back to Balado, if they don't go back to Balado and chose a third location then who's going to want to risk it next year? If its at Strathallan who's going to risk it when there are other festivals in the UK to try? The Facebook TITP page has really made an arse of everything as well by deleting comments and blaming people for going to the wrong pick up points whilst insisting on posting their personal highlights for the weekend despite so many angry unanswered comments.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the Muthill community council last night, there was a councillor there from PKC. He was quite clear things will have to improve, and to be fair, DFC have admitted that.

Another couple of interesting points re the NIMBYs: One vociferous objector was pictured at the festival having a whale of a time, and there was only one local person arrested, who was extremely high profile, who also had his guns confiscated. An absolute toley.

The thing is the number of people who have said they will never go after an awful experience it will struggle to even nearly sell out next year, i haven't read very many positive comments about the experience apart from on here tbh unless the people i speak to are extremely rare examples who just happened to have a bad experience.

The concerns about the traffic volume were expressed months before and why wouldn't they? Just through looking at google maps of the area you could tell this was a disaster in the making, not to even mention the long term damage that would happen to roads that aren't designed for nearly that amount of traffic the issue of jamming is an obvious concern.

Leaving out the other complaints, Ospreys and the dis satisfaction of the customers at the Gleneagles hotel the entire set up seemed dodgy all along.

"Teething problems" have been the utterance of those who think the festival went well in any way but this really isn't good enough for people who have shelled out the money they had to to go through abject misery for the weekend that awaited them. Give or take it will cost your average punter 600 for the entire experience and if they go ahead at strathallan next year it will no where near sell out and could border on a disaster. It could well take a "Year off" like Rockness and then fade into obscurity for years to come and a once great festival will be taken from us, due to the greed of the organisers.

Plenty P and B'ers within my demographic must be feeling a similar sadness by the cancelation of Rockness this year, then the closure of the Arches and now the uncertainty surrounding the future of TITP. Sad times

Completely agree with your last 2 paragraphs.

They need to chop the capacity and it might stand a chance. Traffic is priority #1 so that's being looked at, starting now.

The ospreys are fine, and the Gleneagles Hotel thing is another complete joke. I live closer to T than the hotel is, and could make out the thump thump and was aware that there was music on somewhere, but to say it could spoil one's evening is laughable.

The thing is the number of people who have said they will never go after an awful experience it will struggle to even nearly sell out next year, i haven't read very many positive comments about the experience apart from on here tbh unless the people i speak to are extremely rare examples who just happened to have a bad experience.

The concerns about the traffic volume were expressed months before and why wouldn't they? Just through looking at google maps of the area you could tell this was a disaster in the making, not to even mention the long term damage that would happen to roads that aren't designed for nearly that amount of traffic the issue of jamming is an obvious concern.

Leaving out the other complaints, Ospreys and the dis satisfaction of the customers at the Gleneagles hotel the entire set up seemed dodgy all along.

"Teething problems" have been the utterance of those who think the festival went well in any way but this really isn't good enough for people who have shelled out the money they had to to go through abject misery for the weekend that awaited them. Give or take it will cost your average punter 600 for the entire experience and if they go ahead at strathallan next year it will no where near sell out and could border on a disaster. It could well take a "Year off" like Rockness and then fade into obscurity for years to come and a once great festival will be taken from us, due to the greed of the organisers.

Plenty P and B'ers within my demographic must be feeling a similar sadness by the cancelation of Rockness this year, then the closure of the Arches and now the uncertainty surrounding the future of TITP. Sad times

Nonsense. It will sell out easily.

Also £600?! Are you sure about that? That sounds ludicrous.

Nonsense. It will sell out easily.

Also £600?! Are you sure about that? That sounds ludicrous.[/quote

I'm not sure it will at this location with so many angry punters and a lack of an apology from the organisers. I think it's in trouble personally but only time will tell

Were weekend tickets not 250 this year ? Considering how much it costs to get there (30 quid to park the car two years ago) busses also about that much per head for return from Glasgow or Edinburgh - you've got your carry out to think about which could be near 100 if you include snacks and toiletries, most people buy tents and sleeping bags and leave them there also. With the price of food and drink at the place a budget of £100 a day can easily be waxed when you drink eat and go on rides and that's not before you think about the drugs which many do also . 600 all in easy

Considering it hasn't sold out since 2011, I'd suggest it won't next year. Also, the venue is a put off for a lot of people. Don't underestimate what an experience like that can do.

This is it - you have a bad experience at something and you make a lot of noise about it, as opposed to a good experience when you tell less people. Everyone in Scotland knows that this is a questionable location at best and with the risk of another clusterfuck people won't go. If Rockness gets up and running next year which i think it will then TITP could well half in size and then decrease for ever more until its the size of the wicker man festival

Waal, on 18 Jul 2015 - 22:24, said:

I predict TITP will be equally successful next year because people are stupid and neds gotta ned.

Well, they'll definitely decrease the capacity, because simply too many people were there because of the last minute changes to the site. I suppose in comparison with the capacity of the site, it might be equally successful. The crowd would definitely have been down by a few thousand anyways.

I don't think the festival is in jeopardy of going anywhere any time soon though.

Why decrease the capacity though? Surely this in itself is a major balls up if they could sell the tickets they could sell then why would the ultimate plan be to reduce the numbers coming in?

Throbber why are you so upset about this when you weren't even there?

I dunno man I just went to so many of them from the age of 16 and still feel passionate about it and feel angry that it's left balado as it has some very special memories for me . I just couldn't afford this year and also have no friends to go with

That's ridiculous though and a clear example that they fucked up with the site location! Why if they were selling 80000 tickets for balado would they downsize to say 50000? Who benefits from this? It's madness

Archived