New T in the Park Site (for 2015)

FlyerTon

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HFB's are nothing even approaching my cup of tea but they are decent live and IMO completely upstaged the Stone Roses in 2012. The Prodigy will still be a live force though despite that fucking terrible single and likely bad album.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprised there hasn't been more said on this on here. I'm not sure how I see it.

I'm usually one for the environment but I can't help feel that the environmental types on this occasion are clutching at straws. Would T do that much damage? The locals are mostly all for it from what I've heard.

The biggest problem is the osprey. They've missed the boat to move its nest. They are talking about screening it off but I can't imagine that would guard against the noise pollution.

f**k knows what they'll do if it's cancelled. I don't think it will be. I think it will go ahead and the organisers will use the environmental aspect to promote the festival, they'll make a big deal of it.

It should never have been moved in the first place. Health and Safety gone mad.

Surprised there hasn't been more said on this on here. I'm not sure how I see it.

I'm usually one for the environment but I can't help feel that the environmental types on this occasion are clutching at straws. Would T do that much damage? The locals are mostly all for it from what I've heard.

The biggest problem is the osprey. They've missed the boat to move its nest. They are talking about screening it off but I can't imagine that would guard against the noise pollution.

f**k knows what they'll do if it's cancelled. I don't think it will be. I think it will go ahead and the organisers will use the environmental aspect to promote the festival, they'll make a big deal of it.

It should never have been moved in the first place. Health and Safety gone mad.

Was the move not more to do with the cost of insurance at that sight as opposed to genuine worry for health and safety? The line about the gas pipes being a threat to the weekend came up every year but never stopped it.

This year I think Ellis has made a bit of a c*nt of it by declaring everything before the permission had been granted. Looks like he assumed it would all just be OK and as a result some folk are feeling aggrieved that he thinks he can waltz in and do what he wants.

I do agree it will probably go ahead, but a couple of folk I know who are involved in the music industry have been far from certain when I've seen them comment on stories about it on Facebook.

Was the move not more to do with the cost of insurance at that sight as opposed to genuine worry for health and safety? The line about the gas pipes being a threat to the weekend came up every year but never stopped it.

This year I think Ellis has made a bit of a c*nt of it by declaring everything before the permission had been granted. Looks like he assumed it would all just be OK and as a result some folk are feeling aggrieved that he thinks he can waltz in and do what he wants.

I do agree it will probably go ahead, but a couple of folk I know who are involved in the music industry have been far from certain when I've seen them comment on stories about it on Facebook.

I'm pretty sure it's to do with the pipeline. 'Elf and Safety put their foot down and said no more.

I agree, he has made a c**t of it. Even if it did go ahead now they have very little time to get everything into place.

• 2 months later...

Archived