New T in the Park Site (for 2015)

FlyerTon

Bert Raccoon, on 30 Jan 2015 - 17:13, said:

As someone who used to post on e festivals quite regular, don't listen to the guy who posts under the e festivals name. He's essentially the Div of efestivals and used to be quite good for info but now just seems to throw shire at the wall and hope some sticks. When he's vague about the chances of a band playing it more than likely means he doesn't know but would like to pretend he has inside info.

Last year I'd have not trusted as I wasn't sure. But then last year's lineups came out, and I'd tend to be fairly trustworthy when he gets specific like he did with Kasabian at this point.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like a 'heads gone' version of Div at that. He not delete the whole TITP forum for very little?

He did. He also claimed to have been sued by the TITP organiser Geoff Ellis because someone dared call him a "baldy c**t" and asked for the forum member to pay up. Imagine if that happened on here? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I hear the site is prone to flooding which is just fantastic. Think the drainage at Balado was pretty decent. I remember in 2007 the rain on the friday was a joke and on friday night the mud was unreal but then overnight and with a bit of sunshine the mud had turned hard and you could walk on it easily enough without too much difficulty.

The new site may not have such solid ground and if its in an flood prone area with poor drainage we could end up with people drowning at the festival like happened at Glasto.

Kasabian better not headline as well!!

Aye, if they don't confront the camping situation, I'm ruling myself out completely. Not like I don't have a better festival lined up for later in the summer anyways so I won't exactly miss it.

The rain and mud was horrific in 2012. Funny as well, sitting outside my tent watching all of the defeated souls leaving the campsite on the Saturday morning.

I wasn't there in 2012 and didn't regret it at all

2010 was shite for rain to the point that the weekend was almost ruined but 2012 was just a total wash out, been to other festivals when its been like that and theres nothing worse as you pay a lot of money, spend time looking forward to it, take valuable holidays and then end up having a horrible time.

This site isn't just prone to flooding btw. It could be washed away. The last site was prone to flooding too and nowt much was said because ultimately, it wasn't a massive hazard. This time it could be, and I'm not playing with my health at a festival.

2012 was bad for weather, but f**k it, I had a great time every night. If you go to a festival, you should always be aware that there's a risk of that happening. Watching people who had wasted 200 quid leaving on the Saturday morning ( before Stone Roses btw, and many folk who left had their t-shirt on ), struck me as totally weird. Did they not know what the deal was?

You can still know what the deal was but the sheer misery of being out in it was obviously too much - theres not much fun in going to a drenched tent and risking hypothermia and all the stuff you brought with you being absolutely soaked is there? f**k it, i worked in the building trade in Scotland and had to work outside in all sorts so f**k having to fight against this shite in my holidays as well!!

No idea why they would have chosen a location like this if that is the case, absolutely ridiculous!

For two weeks people were warned of flooding. If you didn't want your stuff soaked, get an inflatable mattress. I did that and it worked an absolute treat. Nothing soaked. Also try and get a tent that actually is half decent. Most people seemed to be pretty sensible with their tents, as they would be, because they're not idiots, so didn't get completely flooded out.

If you simply can't take it then fair enough. The other stuff is bad excuses and things that could easily have been sorted.

For anyone local and/or interested... keep TiTP in Auchterarder/Scotland; here's the link to SUPPORT and comment

http://planningapps.pkc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=NI7Z58MKGUR00

Last I read they'd be moving campsite higher up upon SEPAs advice.

Archived