Brazil v Chile

Enigma

I can't wait for this one! I'm going to get right behind Chile. I don't want Brazil to win and like this Chile side. They're more than capable. I really think this could be an all time World Cup classic.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vidal coming back into the midfield should certainly help with Chile's pressing in the middle of the park. Hopefully Brazil continue with Paulinho as I could see them being overrun in the middle if that happens. I can't see it though as Scolari will probably start with Fernandinho ahead of him, or at the very least sub him for the former in the second half.

Alves actually looks like the other weak link defensively after being utterly exposed by the Mexican wing back. Vargas and the Mena going at him in the space he leaves behind could really cause them troubles.

That just leaves how well Chile's back line can keep Brazil's front three quiet. Fred should be easy enough to curb outside the 18 yard box. I wonder if Sampaoli will copy Netherland's technique against Spain and have the two outer centre backs following Neymar and Oscar like De Vrij and Martins did with Iniesta and Silva, even if it means going beyond the midfield to keep them man marked. They certainly have the tactical flexibility and energy to pull it off.

Could be an absolute cracker - just hoping it doesn't fade away into a bit of a rubbish game. Brazil will go mental if they go out, but I could really see it happening. They're unlucky that the draw meant they could have played either Spain, Chile or Holland (or Australia) in this round when there are some much easier groups out there.

Not bothered who wins this, just hope it's a cracker of a game. For me it's all about the Columbia-Uruguay game, as if Colombia get through then it should be a classic qf against Brazil or Chile.

I think Chile have a decent chance here but I think people are overstating that chance. They beat a Spain team that didn't turn up and an utterly pish Australian side. Holland beat them quite comfortably in the end. They've been impressive but not enough to make me think they'll knock out the hosts and favourites.I'd absolutely love to see them do it though.

Should be a high scoring game as both sides weakness seems to be defence.

I've got a christening to go to at 4. Hope I don't have to make an arse of myself to watch this game because I will be watching it. Even if I have to leave and find a pub.

Brazil aren't actually that good. They certainly won't win the tournament and to see them go out this early would be brilliant. Chile will cause them problems and hopefully end their tournament.

Chile managed four goals in the first half of their three games so far.

Chile half time/Brazil full time is 20/1 and has my money and opinion behind it. So, guaranteed not to happen ;)

Chile have been outstanding to watch so far, and I think they could beat Brazil.

But I just cant see it happening. Brazil at home, last 16 of the WC, I think Brazil will do enough to get through. 2-1 Brazil, maybe AET.

Is the ref Japanese? I would love Chile to win but if there is any danger of that happening Im sure an honest mistake will occur. Couldn't have Brazil being knocked out could we? Not while they are playing to the samba beat in the spiritual home of football.

Archived