Winchburgh

The development at Glendevon looks ok, and there will be new junction on the M9 for good mtorway links - Winchburgh itself though is nothing special. The pub does have a rather amusing name though, the Tally Ho Hotel.

Mate of mine used to live there - there's nothing really there apart from the Tally Ho, where we spent an evening listening to one of the locals' theory that rabbits were going to become the new dominant species on the planet.

Convenient for Linlithgow, which has got a bit more to it.

Mate of mine used to live there - there's nothing really there apart from the Tally Ho, where we spent an evening listening to one of the locals' theory that rabbits were going to become the new dominant species on the planet.

:huh::unsure::unsure2:

Winchburgh is your typing central belt small town/village. Nothing in it, nothing to do but drink and full of local 'characters'.

Wouldn't be my choice, but there are worse places. Marginally.

There was a story in the local Edinburgh paper a few months ago about two identical new build houses, one in Winchburgh, one in Linlithgow, which are less than ten miles apart. The Linlithgow house was something like £50,000 more expensive.

ETA - Here's the story, £82,000 more expensive. http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/life-style/property/identical-houses-7-miles-apart-with-82k-gap-1-3386983

I once pumped a pair of twins from there in the same night, (not at the same time tho unfortunatly)

Things that definitely, definitely happened thread for this.

Archived