Popular things you generally have no time for

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree with the earlier post about coffee. I would add tea to that. People seem amazed when I respond that I dont drink either when asked if I would like one (usually adding in What do yopu drink?!). Its something I find incredibly bizarre. I get folk drinking green tea or something similar for health reasons, but the culture of having to have a tea or coffee at breakfast, in meetings, on breaks etc completely baffles me. Theres a whole mythology around tea as well, that somehow its relaxing to just sit and have a cuppa, as if the relaxing part is the tea itself, and not the fact that youre sitting down chilling out. See all those rage inducing adverts about tea. Bollocks. Oh, its been raining outside, stick on the fucking kettle! I didnt even have a kettle until 2 months ago when I got given one for free. I actually dont like hot drinks of any kind. Drinking a hot liquid is weird. In fact I like most of my drinks to be chilled.

Talking of rain, the whole wanky perception of it in this country is astonishing. People are almost in tears when they hear its raining or going to rain. Some treat rain like its a plague of AIDS tipped hammers falling from the sky. Its just fucking water! Listen to the terms weather forecasters use when saying its going to rain; Oh, its miserable or Not looking good etc. Eh? Some people actually seem to be upset when its raining, and some even say they cant go outside and that their day is ruined. What the f**k is this?! Imagine being that fucking brainwashed and pathetic over a bit of water. I can see how it might, on some occasions, be a bit of an inconvenience (like you get soaked on your way to work and have to sit dripping for a while), but apart from that, just what is the problem?

Whilst Im ranting and talking about the weather, just what is the obsession over it? I hear folk talking about it all the time, like its actually all that important, despite the fact that the types who babble about it are usually the same morons who sit in and watch pish like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Gogglebox and other miserable shit aimed at sedating the herd. There are folk in my work who go out for a cigarette, and every single fucking time they come back in theyll mention the weather. They sit and talk about the forecast for the upcoming week as well, even though theyll be stuck in an office for most of the day, meaning the weather wont in any way affect them. The weather is really important to very few people (those who work on mountains and those who work on the sea mainly). Also the shite banter around the weather, like how folk oh, it always rains! and try to claim the summer is never warm. SHUT THE f**k UP YOU DOCILE SLEEPWALKING MOTHERFUCKERS!

Fin.

have to agree all hot liqiuds to be consumed are fukin rank excluding chicken noodle soup from dragon way takeaway, the exeption to the rule

Also of the ppl at ur job r so mind numbingly boring maybe change before the inevitable american high school type massacre

Drinking Culture - Now going for a pint is one thing, but some people's lives seem to revolve around it. The culture around some football fans puzzles me as well. When I go to see ICT, I go cause that's my team. Some people seem to follow their club for the drinking session and then the match is a bit of an afterthought. I've even heard of fans who travel to away games and sit in the pub until five past three and if they see on their phone that their team is already one down, they don't bother going to the game at all and just stay in the pub. What on Earth is the point in that!?

Guys that order a pint at 6am when going on holiday. They can usually be seen sitting in their full Rangers/Celtic kits waiting to board a flight to Benidorm.

I'd chuck in there guys who go out for dinner and feel the need to order a pint with it as some badge of honour.

I can't think of anything more minging that a pint of Tennents accompanying my roast fillet of seabass with cod cheeks.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1431291925.006446.jpg[/url]

6 olives and a sprig of rosemary..,.. that's no much of a starter. Unless you're meant to eat the wee bits of slate the olives are balancing on.

How much was this culinary delight?

ETA. Still can't get that pic

Have to agree with the earlier post about coffee. I would add tea to that. People seem amazed when I respond that I don’t drink either when asked if I would like one (usually adding in “What do yopu drink?!). It’s something I find incredibly bizarre. I get folk drinking green tea or something similar for health reasons, but the culture of having to have a tea or coffee at breakfast, in meetings, on breaks etc completely baffles me. There’s a whole mythology around tea as well, that somehow it’s relaxing to just sit and have a ‘cuppa’, as if the relaxing part is the tea itself, and not the fact that you’re sitting down chilling out. See all those rage inducing adverts about tea. Bollocks. Oh, it’s been raining outside, stick on the fucking kettle! I didn’t even have a kettle until 2 months ago when I got given one for free. I actually don’t like hot drinks of any kind. Drinking a hot liquid is weird. In fact I like most of my drinks to be chilled.

Talking of rain, the whole wanky perception of it in this country is astonishing. People are almost in tears when they hear it’s raining or going to rain. Some treat rain like it’s a plague of AIDS tipped hammers falling from the sky. It’s just fucking water! Listen to the terms weather forecasters use when saying it’s going to rain; “Oh, it’s miserable” or “Not looking good” etc. Eh? Some people actually seem to be upset when it’s raining, and some even say they can’t go outside and that their day is ruined. What the f**k is this?! Imagine being that fucking brainwashed and pathetic over a bit of water. I can see how it might, on some occasions, be a bit of an inconvenience (like you get soaked on your way to work and have to sit dripping for a while), but apart from that, just what is the problem?

Whilst I’m ranting and talking about the weather, just what is the obsession over it? I hear folk talking about it all the time, like it’s actually all that important, despite the fact that the types who babble about it are usually the same morons who sit in and watch pish like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Gogglebox and other miserable shit aimed at sedating the herd. There are folk in my work who go out for a cigarette, and every single fucking time they come back in they’ll mention the weather. They sit and talk about the forecast for the upcoming week as well, even though they’ll be stuck in an office for most of the day, meaning the weather won’t in any way affect them. The weather is really important to very few people (those who work on mountains and those who work on the sea mainly). Also the shite banter around the weather, like how folk ‘oh, it always rains!’ and try to claim the summer is never warm. SHUT THE f**k UP YOU DOCILE SLEEPWALKING MOTHERFUCKERS!

I think I've found my soulmate

Fin.

Taking a shite in shop doorways when plastered.

Seen enough folk doing it that it definitely counts as a 'thing'.

Taking a shite in shop doorways when plastered.

Seen enough folk doing it that it definitely counts as a 'thing'.

If you need a shite, you need a shite I'm afraid. In fact, I'll see your door way and I'll raise you taking a shite in a phone box

Either way if your using a phone box nowadays your either a drug dealer, drug user or something like that

Lots of good suggestions in here. The one that I relate to most is music festivals; T in the Park especially. I have plenty mates and work colleagues who go daft for it but I just dont get the fascination.

And don't get me started on the minks that wear their grubby 'TITP' wrist bands for months thereafter.

Lots of good suggestions in here. The one that I relate to most is music festivals; T in the Park especially. I have plenty mates and work colleagues who go daft for it but I just dont get the fascination.

And don't get me started on the minks that wear their grubby 'TITP' wrist bands for months thereafter.

I'm in the exact same boat.

Not a great fan of gigs in general actually.

Sex

Not so much I have no time for it (I'd have plenty time given half a chance) but this fantasy that it's all orgasmae, bumfucks and 50 shades of OMG

Sorry, I'd always assumed you were a bloke.

Archived