Popular things you generally have no time for

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the fucking fascination with serving shit on chopping boards etc?

I'm with you on this one. Especially annoying when they serve it on a shitey bit of plastic napkin which rips up if you use a knife and fork*, all to make it American looking. Only thing which should be served on a chopping board is a cheese platter.

*a bit wanky I know, but sometimes eating with our hands can result in the overflowing toppings ending up down your shirt.

Mad Max.

Haven't seen the films since I was a wean, but I found the first two quite boring, and the third felt like a cartoon. Seems like there's a lot of anticipation about the new one, but I'm not sure why, considering there's been far more interesting visions of post-apocalypse in the decades since.

Mad Max.

Haven't seen the films since I was a wean, but I found the first two quite boring, and the third felt like a cartoon. Seems like there's a lot of anticipation about the new one, but I'm not sure why, considering there's been far more interesting visions of post-apocalypse in the decades since.

Mad max 2 has probably the greatest chase scene of all time. It's the whole 3rd act of the film.

Mad max 2 has probably the greatest chase scene of all time. It's the whole 3rd act of the film.

That explains a lot. Not big on chase scenes. I spent the second half of Death Proof wondering when the filler was going to stop and the film could continue :P

I'm with you on this one. Especially annoying when they serve it on a shitey bit of plastic napkin which rips up if you use a knife and fork*, all to make it American looking. Only thing which should be served on a chopping board is a cheese platter.

*a bit wanky I know, but sometimes eating with our hands can result in the overflowing toppings ending up down your shirt.

I have a pizza board, which is slightly bigger than the average dinner plate, and therefore ideal for oversized portions.

Anything else should be served on a plate.

It's a curious one.

Top work. You should be proud of yourshell.

Any current variation of reality TV, be it Geordie Shore, Big Brother, Made In Chelsea, et al.

Can't stand any of them.

I would've thought you would have got your entertainment on 'the dark net' tbh.

Tattoos - 99% look awful. Some people, especially with these big sleeve ones are going to look pretty daft when this fad passes and they're left with a faded smudge down their arms for the rest of their lives.

Drinking Culture - Now going for a pint is one thing, but some people's lives seem to revolve around it. The culture around some football fans puzzles me as well. When I go to see ICT, I go cause that's my team. Some people seem to follow their club for the drinking session and then the match is a bit of an afterthought. I've even heard of fans who travel to away games and sit in the pub until five past three and if they see on their phone that their team is already one down, they don't bother going to the game at all and just stay in the pub. What on Earth is the point in that!?

Have to agree with the earlier post about coffee. I would add tea to that. People seem amazed when I respond that I don’t drink either when asked if I would like one (usually adding in “What do yopu drink?!). It’s something I find incredibly bizarre. I get folk drinking green tea or something similar for health reasons, but the culture of having to have a tea or coffee at breakfast, in meetings, on breaks etc completely baffles me. There’s a whole mythology around tea as well, that somehow it’s relaxing to just sit and have a ‘cuppa’, as if the relaxing part is the tea itself, and not the fact that you’re sitting down chilling out. See all those rage inducing adverts about tea. Bollocks. Oh, it’s been raining outside, stick on the fucking kettle! I didn’t even have a kettle until 2 months ago when I got given one for free. I actually don’t like hot drinks of any kind. Drinking a hot liquid is weird. In fact I like most of my drinks to be chilled.

Talking of rain, the whole wanky perception of it in this country is astonishing. People are almost in tears when they hear it’s raining or going to rain. Some treat rain like it’s a plague of AIDS tipped hammers falling from the sky. It’s just fucking water! Listen to the terms weather forecasters use when saying it’s going to rain; “Oh, it’s miserable” or “Not looking good” etc. Eh? Some people actually seem to be upset when it’s raining, and some even say they can’t go outside and that their day is ruined. What the f**k is this?! Imagine being that fucking brainwashed and pathetic over a bit of water. I can see how it might, on some occasions, be a bit of an inconvenience (like you get soaked on your way to work and have to sit dripping for a while), but apart from that, just what is the problem?

Whilst I’m ranting and talking about the weather, just what is the obsession over it? I hear folk talking about it all the time, like it’s actually all that important, despite the fact that the types who babble about it are usually the same morons who sit in and watch pish like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Gogglebox and other miserable shit aimed at sedating the herd. There are folk in my work who go out for a cigarette, and every single fucking time they come back in they’ll mention the weather. They sit and talk about the forecast for the upcoming week as well, even though they’ll be stuck in an office for most of the day, meaning the weather won’t in any way affect them. The weather is really important to very few people (those who work on mountains and those who work on the sea mainly). Also the shite banter around the weather, like how folk ‘oh, it always rains!’ and try to claim the summer is never warm. SHUT THE f**k UP YOU DOCILE SLEEPWALKING MOTHERFUCKERS!

Fin.

Have to agree with the earlier post about coffee. I would add tea to that. People seem amazed when I respond that I don’t drink either when asked if I would like one (usually adding in “What do yopu drink?!). It’s something I find incredibly bizarre. I get folk drinking green tea or something similar for health reasons, but the culture of having to have a tea or coffee at breakfast, in meetings, on breaks etc completely baffles me. There’s a whole mythology around tea as well, that somehow it’s relaxing to just sit and have a ‘cuppa’, as if the relaxing part is the tea itself, and not the fact that you’re sitting down chilling out. See all those rage inducing adverts about tea. Bollocks. Oh, it’s been raining outside, stick on the fucking kettle! I didn’t even have a kettle until 2 months ago when I got given one for free. I actually don’t like hot drinks of any kind. Drinking a hot liquid is weird. In fact I like most of my drinks to be chilled.

Talking of rain, the whole wanky perception of it in this country is astonishing. People are almost in tears when they hear it’s raining or going to rain. Some treat rain like it’s a plague of AIDS tipped hammers falling from the sky. It’s just fucking water! Listen to the terms weather forecasters use when saying it’s going to rain; “Oh, it’s miserable” or “Not looking good” etc. Eh? Some people actually seem to be upset when it’s raining, and some even say they can’t go outside and that their day is ruined. What the f**k is this?! Imagine being that fucking brainwashed and pathetic over a bit of water. I can see how it might, on some occasions, be a bit of an inconvenience (like you get soaked on your way to work and have to sit dripping for a while), but apart from that, just what is the problem?

Whilst I’m ranting and talking about the weather, just what is the obsession over it? I hear folk talking about it all the time, like it’s actually all that important, despite the fact that the types who babble about it are usually the same morons who sit in and watch pish like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Gogglebox and other miserable shit aimed at sedating the herd. There are folk in my work who go out for a cigarette, and every single fucking time they come back in they’ll mention the weather. They sit and talk about the forecast for the upcoming week as well, even though they’ll be stuck in an office for most of the day, meaning the weather won’t in any way affect them. The weather is really important to very few people (those who work on mountains and those who work on the sea mainly). Also the shite banter around the weather, like how folk ‘oh, it always rains!’ and try to claim the summer is never warm. SHUT THE f**k UP YOU DOCILE SLEEPWALKING MOTHERFUCKERS!

Fin.

You live in Dundee now so get yourself some decent coffee out of Braithwaites. It's pretty good.

Not even hot Ribena?

You live in Dundee now so get yourself some decent coffee out of Braithwaites. It's pretty good.

I'll pass.

Not even hot Ribena?

Nope. Not all that keen on Apple and Blackcurrant juice. Orange and Pineapple is where it's at.

Archived