France v Germany

gullane

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised to see some of the French players upset, didn't look like they were that fussed as the game progressed.

This. Rather than blubbering after they lost the game, maybe they should just have tried a bit harder while it was going on.

The game would have been much better without the early German goal, but it still wasn't terrible. France started the tournament well but have beven average at best in the last three games so probably deserve to go out. They lack top quality in central midfield.

Germany are plodding along but with Klose finished and an unreliable defence I'd be very surprised if they go on to win the tournament. Ozil was largely anonymous and should be dropped for Gotze.

Hopefully the theme of average sides going out will continue with the hosts.

The game would have been much better without the early German goal, but it still wasn't terrible. France started the tournament well but have beven average at best in the last three games so probably deserve to go out. They lack top quality in central midfield.

Germany are plodding along but with Klose finished and an unreliable defence I'd be very surprised if they go on to win the tournament. Ozil was largely anonymous and should be dropped for Gotze.

Hopefully the theme of average sides going out will continue with the hosts.

Unreliable defence? 4 goals until the semis? Pardon me

Unreliable defence? 4 goals until the semis? Pardon me

It's a side that shipped more goals than most through European qualifiers, in an easy group, doesn't field a natural left-back and until Lahm's switch, right-back either. It is an unreliable defence, and at the top level if Germany concede first then I don't see where the required goals would come from, at least from open play.

It's a side that shipped more goals than most through European qualifiers, in an easy group, doesn't field a natural left-back and until Lahm's switch, right-back either. It is an unreliable defence, and at the top level if Germany concede first then I don't see where the required goals would come from, at least from open play.

Ireland

Sweden

Austria

Thsts european top 20...not an easy group.and since the qualifiers a bit changed ..(spain england italy) the defence and the team as a whole is pretty dense and compact.its wc and not the ramsden cup .

That is a very easy group, all of the other sides are dross or, in Sweden's case, a one-man team with the rest now in the glue factory.

And Germany's defence shipped goals left, right and centre.

That is a very easy group, all of the other sides are dross or, in Sweden's case, a one-man team with the rest now in the glue factory.

And Germany's defence shipped goals left, right and centre.

Ok sorry...youre right exit at the group stage.humbling defeat after defeat...

Defense is crap ...rather have them play like 2010 an hump some teams before crashing out vs.teams like italy n spain?

Its ok. Am no nationalMannschaft fan anyway.

Ok sorry...youre right exit at the group stage.humbling defeat after defeat...

Defense is crap ...rather have them play like 2010 an hump some teams before crashing out vs.teams like italy n spain?

Its ok. Am no nationalMannschaft fan anyway.

Still - at least you're taking it well. I can certainly see why Celtic appealed now tbh.

Still - at least you're taking it well. I can certainly see why Celtic appealed now tbh.

Blame the schools.:-)..am.a celtic man ever since and take the piss quite often here in germany. To me thats mair important than a weltmeistertitel. Am alone on that opinion but...mon der hoops.

Archived