Gay Cakes - Should They Be Allowed?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming rico agrees with the B&B couple refusing to give a room to the gay couple. I believe the couple in question quotes it was their "religious beliefs" that wouldn't allow then to let them have a room.

Get to f**k.

Stop making me out to be something i'm not.

I've said plenty of times if an individual is refused to be served based on their sexually that is wrong. massive difference from not wanting to make a cake.

No it's absolutely not. It's one set of people looking to exercise their hard fought for rights and a set of narrow minded bigots.

In what way ? As I see it, both may have a moral right (I have to say, I favour the customers personally) but legally unless the bakers turn round and say they're not serving the customer because they are gay then they are just being legally narrow minded. If the cake said 'God is dead' or something similar would the Christian baker have to bow to consumerism or would he be entitled to say "No, we don't want to make that cake, take your business somewhere else". For me it's 2 sets of arsehole's not just one.

In what way ? As I see it, both may have a moral right (I have to say, I favour the customers personally) but legally unless the bakers turn round and say they're not serving the customer because they are gay then they are just being legally narrow minded. If the cake said 'God is dead' or something similar would the Christian baker have to bow to consumerism or would he be entitled to say "No, we don't want to make that cake, take your business somewhere else". For me it's 2 sets of arsehole's not just one.

Christian Baker :lol:

There's your problem right there.

Get to f**k.

Stop making me out to be something i'm not.

I've said plenty of times if an individual is refused to be served based on their sexually that is wrong. massive difference from not wanting to make a cake.

So the B&B case, same thing?

Yes or No will do.

No.

And you know it's not.

It's exactly 100% the same thing. they wouldn't give a room because of their Christian beliefs, they won't make the cake because of their Christian beliefs.

I presume these folk saying the baker has done nothing wrong would also agree if the baker had refused to write "equal rights for blacks" on a cake?

Christian Baker :lol:

There's your problem right there.

Yeah, the only justification for "Christian Baker" would be if Christian and Ginger Baker were a gay couple who adopted a child and named him or her accordingly.

It's exactly 100% the same thing. they wouldn't give a room because of their Christian beliefs, they won't make the cake because of their Christian beliefs.

They wouldn't give them a room because the men are gay and they rightly so got hammered for it

As far as i'm aware from the cake shop story, they didn't want to make a customised cake. they haven't came out and said they have a problem with the individuals involved sexuality.

I'm starting to feel like a parrot, how many times do i need to say my argument isn't about religion or sexuailty, if they don't want to make a customised cake. they should be able to say no without fear of being taken to court and potentially have their lives ruined.

Stop being a c**t and trying to twist things making me out to be a bigot.

What some people are actually putting forward here is that people should be allowed to refuse anyone goods or services as long as they can give some religious justification for it.

Utterly ridiculous point of view.

What some people are actually putting forward here is that people should be allowed to refuse anyone goods or services as long as they can give some religious justification for it.W

Utterly ridiculous point of view.

No they haven't, you're just trying to tar people to try and win an argument.

People like you are just as bad as the bigots you claim others are

They wouldn't give them a room because the men are gay and they rightly so got hammered for it

They said it's because they did't believe in sex before marriage , not that they were gay, that's the excuse they gave to cover up their blatant bigotry.

People like you are just as bad as the bigots you claim others are

So by sticking up for equal rights to goods and services for all regardless, i am a bigot?

Well done, well done indeed. :lol:

As far as i'm aware from the cake shop story, they didn't want to make a customised cake. they haven't came out and said they have a problem with the individuals involved sexuality.

I'm starting to feel like a parrot, how many times do i need to say my argument isn't about religion or sexuailty, if they don't want to make a customised cake. they should be able to say no without fear of being taken to court and potentially have their lives ruined.

Stop being a c**t and trying to twist things making me out to be a bigot.

Stop being a bigot.

They said it's because they did't believe in sex before marriage , not that they were gay, that's the excuse they gave to cover up their blatant bigotry.

actually having a read back at the story

they said this

Indeed, their website, which of course Steven Preddy and Martyn Hall may not have read, makes plain their views: ‘We have few rules but please note that out of a deep regard for ­marriage we prefer to let double accommodation to heterosexual ­married couples only.

Sounds like they wouldn't entertain non married couples sharing a room gay or not.

Is it because the bakery have 'come out' and said all the religious bollocks to back up their argument thats the problem ? If they just said "Aye, no problem that'll be 300 quid (for a 30 quid cake)" would that be better ? Builders offer ridiculous quotes for stuff if they either can't be arsed or they've got plenty work on. Not trying to justify the bakers poor attitude but if you went into a bakers and asked for a 21st birthday cake and they took the order and then cancelled you'd be a bit pissed off but you'd go to another baker and get it. The bakers are obviously dicks but for the gay (I assume) couple to spit their dummy out is equally dickish I think. If someone doesn't want my money I'll take it somewhere that does. AGAIN I'll say the bakers are arseholes but the couple haven't exactly claimed the high ground either.

Archived