Gay Cakes - Should They Be Allowed?

Only one of us was name calling.

:lol: I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings chomp, I had no idea you were such a sensitive wee soul. I'll not make the same mistake twice.

Please accept my apologies. :bairn

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been refused entry to a pub because I was wearing jeans so obviously businesses can apply arbitrary rules to what they will accept and not accept. At what point does discrimination legislation trump this? Taking it to extremes, if I turned up to that same pub in a dress (I'm male) and was refused entry because of what I'm wearing presumably I would have recourse to the law but not if I was wearing jeans.

Having a ban on jeans would just be part of a dress code, which isn't discriminatory against anyone. If jeans and dresses were banned then there would be nothing wrong in either case.

However, if you were refused entry for wearing jeans or a dress, but a woman wearing either of those things was allowed entry, then you might have a case for sexual discrimination.

:lol: I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings chomp, I had no idea you were such a sensitive wee soul. I'll not make the same mistake twice.

Please accept my apologies. :bairn

Thats all right, I forgive you. Now you know eh ?

Isn't it just the case that they have refused to be responsible for making something that supports something that is not legal in their country regardless of who was asking ?

Aye, that's what it is. The bakers weren't bigots, they were just fastidious about enforcing the law.

Ya fucking c**t.

Gay slogans on cakes = unacceptable.

Dead babies in a cesspit = socially accepted.

The Emerald Isle, everyone.

That was my first thought when reading the link.

I've never been to The Emerald isle.

I always imagine going there would be like walking into a costume drama.

Having a ban on jeans would just be part of a dress code, which isn't discriminatory against anyone. If jeans and dresses were banned then there would be nothing wrong in either case.

However, if you were refused entry for wearing jeans or a dress, but a woman wearing either of those things was allowed entry, then you might have a case for sexual discrimination.

Or a burka which the women arguably can't take off on religious grounds whereas most other girls have no reason not to adhere to the dress code.

Not that they'd be anywhere near a pub in the first place mind.

"Man facing prison for nose biting

A former Irish soldier, who admitting biting a 35-year-old Algerian man's nose last year, has been told by a judge he will be going to jail.

Barry Fitzgerald, 25, of Doire House in Carrigans, County Donegal, pleaded guilty to the attack on his victim in Waterloo Street in Londonderry.

As part of his bail conditions he was banned from entering the city.

The restrictions, however, were relaxed at Londonderry Crown Court on Tuesday to allow him to go to a job interview."

Minder for Suarez, perhaps?

Of course they're separate events. That's kind of the nature of a comparison.

I saw a list, and a pathetic attempt to smear Ireland, both north and south, not a comparison.

Essentially the same country as well tbf.

In the same way that Scotland is the same country as England? ;) Essentially.

Gay cakes:

Angel cake

Fairy cake

Fondant Fancy

Lemon cake

Fruitcake

Carrot cake

Battenburg cake

Straight Cakes:

Dundee cake

Jaffa cake

Tunnocks teacake

Gingerbread cake

Madeira cake

I enjoy more of these straight cakes than I do gay cakes.

You have left me questioning my sexuality.

Archived