Gay Cakes - Should They Be Allowed?

Stupid case for the equalities commission to take. 

There will be a spate of thick fuckers who think this decision gives them the green light to refuse to serve folk for discriminatory reasons. The equalities folk won't then fund all of these. 

Sentient folk will grasp the actual substance of the decision. It is the idiots we have to worry about. 

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t see why any business should feel obliged to give anyone their custom if they don’t want to for what ever reason they see fit. It’s ridiculous how far this entire thing has gone and how much money has been wasted but at least the right conclusion has finally been drawn.

Are the bakery owners homophobic areholes, yes.

Does Gareth Lee come across as an attention seeking arsehole, yes.

Was this publicity stunt a complete waste of public funds, yes.

Was the court decision correct, yes.

On 7/11/2014 at 16:23, Scary Bear said:

I think the Christian lot should get themselves a hard line element. Then they could pretty much do whatever they want and everyone would be too shit scared to say anything.

The Christians do have a hard line element, it's known as the USA.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Rejecting a cake supporting equal rights for gay people is quite clearly discrimination.

That said when your government is as bigoted as you I'm not sure you can be breaking the law, however fucked that law is.

Would you make and sell a cake saying that marriage should only be between a man and  woman?

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Rejecting a cake supporting equal rights for gay people is quite clearly discrimination.

That said when your government is as bigoted as you I'm not sure you can be breaking the law, however fucked that law is.

You really are not the brightest.

It’s not really discrimination though in this case and the person who is trying to impose their own world view on to others is Gareth Lee who has assumed that the company should be happy to write an opinionated message on a cake and then gone away crying when they didn’t do it. There was a vote on gay marriage in Ireland in 2015 where 35% of the population voted against so why should he just assume that everyone should be happy to put a message of support of gay marriage on to a cake? I bet he was delighted when they refused to make the cake as well as it gave him a platform to seek attention for himself on such a large scale.

Don’t see why there’s an issue at all, take your business elsewhere and give your hard earned to a company who are happy to put that particular message on the cake and enjoy the wedding.

Guest Moomintroll
It's a fucking cake, both sides should be exterminated.
I'm with Sarge on this one, its a fucking cake, grow up you utter mentalists.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not really discrimination though in this case and the person who is trying to impose their own world view on to others is Gareth Lee who has assumed that the company should be happy to write an opinionated message on a cake and then gone away crying when they didn’t do it. There was a vote on gay marriage in Ireland in 2015 where 35% of the population voted against so why should he just assume that everyone should be happy to put a message of support of gay marriage on to a cake? I bet he was delighted when they refused to make the cake as well as it gave him a platform to seek attention for himself on such a large scale.

Don’t see why there’s an issue at all, take your business elsewhere and give your hard earned to a company who are happy to put that particular message on the cake and enjoy the wedding.

That was the whole point of the exercise.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Technically the legal decision was correct.

I disagree that the whole thing was a waste of time.  It is necessary to continue to expose the homophobia amongst the religious fuckwits.

:lol:

If you want to debate a point feel free to do so.

So you don’t think taking this case to the highest U.K. court was a bit drastic? You don’t think £450k of legal fees was a bit of a waste of money?

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Technically the legal decision was correct.

I disagree that the whole thing was a waste of time.  It is necessary to continue to expose the homophobia amongst the religious fuckwits.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you want to debate a point feel free to do so.

"Legally" the decision was correct. If the Supreme Court had found for the plaintiff, and someone had come on posting "Technically the legal decision was correct", you would have been on here lambasting their post. I was trying to keep the discussion light.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

So you don’t think taking this case to the highest U.K. court was a bit drastic? You don’t think £450k of legal fees was a bit of a waste of money?

Of course it was a waste of money, but that's not really the point, the plaintiff felt he had been discriminated against (on the grounds of his sexuality) and, as is his right, went to court to prove it. And lost

Archived