Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

I'm not high on moreno and i had boldin last year, was feast or famine.

Yeah I'm not keen on either of them either but who else was available? At that stage your other option is to take a chance on rookies so going for established talent is a legitimate strategy.

Edited by Stewbo

cant remember, not done any rookie research yet all i know are QBs.

From what I've read Watkins (WR at the Bills) has lived up to the hype, Sankey will be a good option for fantasy but will split a fair few plays with the others and Matthews (WR at the Eagles) is down for a fairly large role. Besides that, I would stay clear of the rest if it's an option.

From what I've read Watkins (WR at the Bills) has lived up to the hype, Sankey will be a good option for fantasy but will split a fair few plays with the others and Matthews (WR at the Eagles) is down for a fairly large role. Besides that, I would stay clear of the rest if it's an option.

I'm not sure who you think Sankey will be splitting carries with? Shonn Greene? Those two receivers arent likely to make a massive impact this year I dont think, Watkins is Cordarrelle Patterson from last year and Matthews has 3 guys infront of him at the minute and a heavy run game to compete with. Kelvin Benjamin is the man to look at to hit the ground running, Cody Latimer will be a superstar if Welker takes another concussion. Martavis Bryant has a shot as the #2 in Pittsburgh as well

I'm not sure who you think Sankey will be splitting carries with? Shonn Greene? Those two receivers arent likely to make a massive impact this year I dont think, Watkins is Cordarrelle Patterson from last year and Matthews has 3 guys infront of him at the minute and a heavy run game to compete with. Kelvin Benjamin is the man to look at to hit the ground running, Cody Latimer will be a superstar if Welker takes another concussion. Martavis Bryant has a shot as the #2 in Pittsburgh as well

Sankey isn't that good and I expect Greene to get some goal line carries. Watkins is much further along in his progression than CP is right now. He was misused at Clemson so needs to learn a more complete route tree but other than that his catch radius, footwork, intensity and power are outstanding for a rookie. Only thing holding him back is EJ Manuel but I wouldn't be surprised if he had 800+ yards.

Benjamin and Bryant are two very raw players. Benjamin will be out of the league in 3 years and Bryant is a secondary option in the red zone for Pittsburgh at best this year (after Heath Miller and Le'Veon Bell).

Sankey isn't that good and I expect Greene to get some goal line carries. Watkins is much further along in his progression than CP is right now. He was misused at Clemson so needs to learn a more complete route tree but other than that his catch radius, footwork, intensity and power are outstanding for a rookie. Only thing holding him back is EJ Manuel but I wouldn't be surprised if he had 800+ yards.

Benjamin and Bryant are two very raw players. Benjamin will be out of the league in 3 years and Bryant is a secondary option in the red zone for Pittsburgh at best this year (after Heath Miller and Le'Veon Bell).

You're right Sankey isnt 'that' good but I think youre buying too much into the negative hype around him, he's more than talented enough to beat out Shonn Greene as the full time back for a couple of years. Plus the thing he is that good for is catching passes so he'll be more than relevant for fantasy.

I'm not denying that Watkins is a very good player but so is Cordarelle Patterson, rookie receivers take time to develop, you've said it yourself many times. I just dont think he'll be fantasy relevant this season.

Benjamin is an exception because he is literally the only guy who can catch a pass over 15 yards in Carolina, Cam apparently loves him and believe it or not, he is talented. Youre point about him being out of the league in 3 years has no relevance at all, this season is what counts and I reckon he'll put up decent WR2 numbers.

Bryant is more of a risk but as a deep threat he's better than anybody on that team. As physical as they come for a wide receiver, hes got a chance to be special right from the off in fantasy football, even if it is just on deep plays and touchdowns. Once he makes one big play they'll look for him again and again, think Terrance Williams last season.

I forgot about Brandin Cooks as well actually, he might end up being the 2nd target in NO if Colston cant get back to his old self and he's got the ability to play it up if he gets that chance. Could end up being Keenan Allen in fantasy...

if bridgewater was still kicking about in the 13th or 14th i reckon i would pick him up, you can always trade your backup QB for a regular starter later on if needs be.

Did OK with my rookie picks last year, managed to pick up Keenan Allan and LeVeon Bell although Bell took a good long time to pay off and i think i eneded up trading both after throwing all my eggs in the gronk basket.

You're right Sankey isnt 'that' good but I think youre buying too much into the negative hype around him, he's more than talented enough to beat out Shonn Greene as the full time back for a couple of years. Plus the thing he is that good for is catching passes so he'll be more than relevant for fantasy.

I'm not denying that Watkins is a very good player but so is Cordarelle Patterson, rookie receivers take time to develop, you've said it yourself many times. I just dont think he'll be fantasy relevant this season.

Benjamin is an exception because he is literally the only guy who can catch a pass over 15 yards in Carolina, Cam apparently loves him and believe it or not, he is talented. Youre point about him being out of the league in 3 years has no relevance at all, this season is what counts and I reckon he'll put up decent WR2 numbers.

Bryant is more of a risk but as a deep threat he's better than anybody on that team. As physical as they come for a wide receiver, hes got a chance to be special right from the off in fantasy football, even if it is just on deep plays and touchdowns. Once he makes one big play they'll look for him again and again, think Terrance Williams last season.

I forgot about Brandin Cooks as well actually, he might end up being the 2nd target in NO if Colston cant get back to his old self and he's got the ability to play it up if he gets that chance. Could end up being Keenan Allen in fantasy...

I've not really paid attention to the training camp buzz this year and my negativity towards Sankey comes from my draft assessment. He can't block for shit and his pass catching isn't that good. He has one jump cut move and can't lower his head and get extra yards. He has no outstanding skill and is purely a product of situation. It's absolutely mental where he is going in rookie drafts - before Carlos Hyde who is going to be the lead back in a backfield which is a proven fantasy goldmine.

I'll agree with you on Cooks. Especially if Sean Payton once again turns his back on the run game (which was the key to their dominant offense in the Super Bowl winning year), Cooks will take those quick dump offs for first downs.

Try doing a mock draft if you have a spare 45 minutes or so. Gets you right in there and familiar with the general value of every player. fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mockdrafts is the one I use.

what mockdrafts give you a draft rating at the end?

Footballguys.com lets you rate your team on their site but I think their mocks are only for subscribers (the rating thing is free). CBS I'm sure give you a rating at the end as well

He will split carries with Greene. How much, I don't know, but he will.

WR can and do have big seasons in their rookie year and Watkins will be one of them. Who's the third ahead of Matthews? I believe they've got him practicing with the 2nd team to push him to become better - particularly in press coverage but he will be the slot receiver for them. I think he's another that will have a fairly big season.

I'm really not having Benjamin. He's too inconsistent but could have decent numbers this season through default in Carolina but long term, as GingerSaint said, I don't think he'll be considered a top player to be relied upon.

WR can and do have big seasons in their rookie year and Watkins will be one of them. Who's the third ahead of Matthews? I believe they've got him practicing with the 2nd team to push him to become better - particularly in press coverage but he will be the slot receiver for them. I think he's another that will have a fairly big season.

I'm really not having Benjamin. He's too inconsistent but could have decent numbers this season through default in Carolina but long term, as GingerSaint said, I don't think he'll be considered a top player to be relied upon.

I'm not going to say you're wrong because theres no evidence yet either way, nothing is impossible. Maclin, Cooper, Ertz will be ahead of Matthews to start with, with Sproles jumping up when he's on the field too. Matthews is a good player but I'm assuming nothing from rookie seasons because thats the most common outcome.

I think Sankey will be a good rookie running back with decent fantasy value. He will share carries with Greene but the coaches want him to lose some weight.

I think they player who could be a sleeper is Dexter McCluster. I see him being the Danny Woodhead of last season. Playing in Ken Whisenhunt's offense.

I think Sankey will be a good rookie running back with decent fantasy value. He will share carries with Greene but the coaches want him to lose some weight.

I think they player who could be a sleeper is Dexter McCluster. I see him being the Danny Woodhead of last season. Playing in Ken Whisenhunt's offense.

I've ready similar. Titans will go with the committee no doubt till someone steps up?