Dunfermline v's Raith Rovers. Tropic Thunder.

Yeah, that's the type of sensible post that would get you mobbed on dafc.nit.

Great goal by Millen but for me he really kills our play and slows it down most of the time. Williamson to start every week for me.

People say Millen is better defensively but I don't see it. Drummond shows what can be done it you gamble and take players on.

Was thinking of finding out but I wouldn't even know where to post it. There are so many fucking threads, absolutely no need for any of them.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sare yin for the Rovers fans. Hating your rivals more than you love your own club can make results such as these really painful :(

Thats tragic banter.

Wasn't there but struggling against 2 lower league teams doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm hoping we are saving it for the league campaign as after all Ive never cared for this trophy anyway but I wont hold my breath.

Rovers were the better sde for the first 20 minutes, but after we got nto the game around that pont we were better all over the pitch than them. I wasn't epecially fussed about the result and was just hoping that we'd be able to compete better than in the game last year, and we certainly did that. Overall we played OK wth some nice passing, but in truth we didn't really do that much once we got near the goal, and I only remember the keeper making one real save quite early in the second half. We were incredbly weak up front last year, and while Moffat makes a big difference, the two games so far still leave me a wee bit concerned. We were OK, not great, but still comfortably the better sde and deserved to win.

Probably a useful game to play though. Rovers were a better side than Annan, but there will undoubtedly be another step up in class of opposition on Saturday when we play Brechin

Really, surely Rovers are better than Brechin?

Ha, tremendous! You've always been the most bitter Rovers fan on here about all things Dunfermline, but that is wonderful, well done!

Probably a useful game to play though. Rovers were a better side than Annan, but there will undoubtedly be another step up in class of opposition on Saturday when we play Brechn.

Absolute nonsense.

There is no way we are better than Annan.

A good start to the season continued tonight. Really impressed with our performance and, really, had we won by 2 or 3 nobody could've complained. Cagey opening to the game from both teams, but we were much better in possession, had a good tempo to our game and had the better chances. Nade looked good enough for Raith I thought but he couldn't finish his tea. Martin and Buchanan marshalled him well and Rovers had no other ideas other than to boot it long to him.

We however passed the ball well throughout and Moffat and El Bakhtaoui linked very well. Moffat has been superb every time I've seen him - works his bollocks off but has a very good touch and awareness. Our midfield three of Spence, Falkingham and Geggan were excellent too - infact, there wasn't a failure in our team. And a superb goal to win it - no keeper is saving that.

Delighted with how we played but Rovers were pretty poor. Who's the f***in' wee team now indeed.

Not really sure if Dunfermline wanted it more, they were just far better than us unfortunately.

From a Raith point of view, I probably enjoyed watching the groundsmen trying to sweep up the puddles a couple of weekend's ago rather than tonight. We were woeful.

Dunfermline were everything we weren't. Incisive, kept possession well and moved it around. We were utterly one dimensional in comparison.

Fox and Scott may have been outnumbered in the middle, but that's still not an excuse for constantly giving it away or failing to make a tackle.

McKeown was poor too, but who else could play left-back if we wanted to drop him? Hill? I genuinely don't know.

Conroy can put in a decent ball, but as every Dundee fan pointed out when we signed him, he can't appear to beat a man. That's handy.

The majority of our creativity last term came down our left-hand-side, and that's now gone, to be replaced, or tonight's evidence, by two vastly inferior players.

Moon, Elliot, Barr and Anderson would all have made a difference, but that was fairly worrying tonight.

We will quite honestly be the wee team forever, even more so with Murray in charge, not seen us play that bad for a long long time and in a derby too!

It pains me to say it but well done to Dunfermline, I'm a football fan at the end of the day and they played proper football tonight the right way, if they can bring In an experienced striker they will romp that league this season.

Very gracious of all the Raith fans and also interesting they're all mentioning us being a bit toothless up front. Ryan Wallace is potentially the best player in League One and didn't get off the bench tonight (recovering from hernia op). Allan Smith also missed out. That's two decent goalscorers straight away, plus the big lad Ugwu who came on at the end is still a bit off being match fit. Andrew Stirling was out too and Ross Forbes was on the bench. In League One terms that's a pretty decent amount of firepower to add to what already looks a reasonable team.

Our average age tonight was under 22 and it was good to see that even in tight spots in defence they look so comfortable on the ball. By contrast, Raith showed the downside to having a powerful target man - it can make players lazy. If in doubt, hoof it in his general direction and hope he does something with it. It is just the Petrofac cup though and we're still the ones who will be in the wastelands on League One as you hog the limelight in the Championship this year.

I thought our players looked much fitter than Raith did. It was clear the type of preseason each team has had and McCann's fitness input is clear.

That said, superb team performance tonight. Average age about 22 and a strong bench. Looking like it's going to be a cracking season

Archived