Dunfermline v's Raith Rovers. Tropic Thunder.

If we play like we did today Dunfermline will win this by 2 or 3 clear goals.

It seems Murray hasn't learned a thing, we have absolutely no pace and we really need a goalmouth striker. Once the injuries sort themselves out we should be hard to beat. Unfortunately the squad we have just now aren't going to get us up the league. I'll take 7th or 8th. I think the Pars will win this I'm afraid. Murray should have had his jotters handed to him at the end of the season.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't the only well adjusted member in attendance that day

I was unfortunate enough to be right behind that 'incident' that day. To be the fair to the guy involved he didn't actually get his tanger out, he merely threatened to. He was later seen in the toilets pissing between the sinks mind you - not in the sinks but onto the floor between them. He was pretty well mashed or at least looked it. There was a lot of crowd hassle at that game.

Anyway getting back to the game, are the boys at the back of the home stand bringing their wee banner again? Looking forward to having another laugh at it.I still think we'll lose this one, not sure why.

Anyway getting back to the game, are the boys at the back of the home stand bringing their wee banner again? Looking forward to having another laugh at it.I still think we'll lose this one, not sure why.

I hope they do, but I also saw this on Twitter earlier:

post-640-1407080755574_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of the time God gifted all those locusts to the people of Egypt.

In regards to the game, I expect it'll be a pretty even affair. Hopefully we've got Moon back, but Fox had one of his better performances of the season at East End last year, and scored a penalty (his only goal? I can't recall any others off the top of my head).

Vaughan could really announce himself as a real first team option with a big performance here, but he's just a young guy, and if he struggles to get into the game then we could have some real problems. Looking forward to Conroy and Stewart building on their own decent efforts yesterday.

I hope they do, but I also saw this on Twitter earlier:

attachicon.gif1407080761801.jpg

Reminds me of the time God gifted all those locusts to the people of Egypt.

In regards to the game, I expect it'll be a pretty even affair. Hopefully we've got Moon back, but Fox had one of his better performances of the season at East End last year, and scored a penalty (his only goal? I can't recall any others off the top of my head).

Vaughan could really announce himself as a real first team option with a big performance here, but he's just a young guy, and if he struggles to get into the game then we could have some real problems. Looking forward to Conroy and Stewart building on their own decent efforts yesterday.

Was that God's wee joke :P

Quite looking forward to this albeit after a rather poor performance against Forfar. Really hope Moon is fit to replace Fox who was gutrot on Saturday, even Callachan would be worth a shout in there alongside Scott. With Elliot suspended then we'll probably see Vaughan get a start, he done more in the short time when he came on than Fox did all game at the weekend. Was very impressed with Stewart on Saturday so looking for more of the same tomorrow. Jury's still out on McKeown though, no where near the same calibre of player that Booth was. Expecting a more difficult game than the last cup game against Dunfermline, they can't be as shite as that again I'd imagine.

It seems Murray hasn't learned a thing, we have absolutely no pace and we really need a goalmouth striker. Once the injuries sort themselves out we should be hard to beat. Unfortunately the squad we have just now aren't going to get us up the league. I'll take 7th or 8th. I think the Pars will win this I'm afraid. Murray should have had his jotters handed to him at the end of the season.

I'd absolute take 8th right now. It's a great shame but this season will. Be about avoiding relegation and hopefully being in a position to challenge for the play offs the season after next.

I'd absolute take 8th right now. It's a great shame but this season will. Be about avoiding relegation and hopefully being in a position to challenge for the play offs the season after next.

I think we'll be higher than 8th. I think Livi have lost a lot of core players this summer, and barring any ridiculous injury crisis we should be looking on an improvement. Naturally, the lack of a goalscorer is a worry, but hopefully we'll create more chances with a more settled midfield combination. Having said that, I thought the natural pace of Mark Stewart caused problems on the wing on Saturday (albeit, we'll be playing teams of a higher standard).

I think once we get Barr and Moon back, we'll look a lot stronger. The main problem of Saturday was how completely naive we were when we got the ball in midfield. I genuinely don't see the merit in Liam Fox starting over Callachan, who I rate a lot better as a player.

From official DAFC site..

"Commenting after the match, Manager Jim Jefferies suggested his new signing might make the bench for Tuesday night's Petrofac Training Cup."

Our new boy Gozie Ugwu wasn't signed in time for the original tie but we might stick him on the bench tomorrow night. Is this allowed? I know some cup competitions have rules about such things. We're all about sticking to the rule books at East End so I'm sure someone will have checked this out already.

I think we'll be higher than 8th. I think Livi have lost a lot of core players this summer, and barring any ridiculous injury crisis we should be looking on an improvement.

I know it was only a preseason friendly but when we played Livi a few weeks back I didn't think they had much about them. Even the coaches seemed pretty subdued compared to our guys (Potter & McCann) who never stopped encouraging the players.

From official DAFC site..

"Commenting after the match, Manager Jim Jefferies suggested his new signing might make the bench for Tuesday night's Petrofac Training Cup."

Our new boy Gozie Ugwu wasn't signed in time for the original tie but we might stick him on the bench tomorrow night. Is this allowed? I know some cup competitions have rules about such things. We're all about sticking to the rule books at East End so I'm sure someone will have checked this out already.

I know it was only a preseason friendly but when we played Livi a few weeks back I didn't think they had much about them. Even the coaches seemed pretty subdued compared to our guys (Potter & McCann) who never stopped encouraging the players.

Does that include sticking on a sub before you've hooked the player coming off?

Does that include sticking on a sub before you've hooked the player coming off?

Sadly, someone spilled tea on the pages about how many players you can have one the pitch, not playing banned players and not keeping other teams' gate money.

Stuart Anderson was a very effective passer of the ball, but had absolutely no attributes otherwise. He's another in a long line of football players who'll only be effective in certain systems. In his case, he needs a central midfield three so that his lack of pace and inabilities defending and going forward could be mitigated. Arguably that still makes him better than Fox was at times last season...

On to tomorrow, I think most seem to agree that we need to play better than we did on Saturday. Having a player who scored twice, one of them a screamer, out is a big blow. From the limited football I could see from the highlights we need to sort things at the back, although maybe some continuity there will build confidence.

Going out in the first round as holders would be utterly shit, so no nonsense please Murray.

Good to see the pitchforks and torches out already.. Hopefully we can get a win tonight to carry over for Saturday's game

Archived