Dunfermline v's Raith Rovers. Tropic Thunder.

Totally agree with this. You'd be daft to slate the whole of Fife's Finest as fuds. I know some of their members who have been absolutely cracking and a great laugh. As you say, we have idiots throughout our support both in and around groups. As far as I'm concerned, they've done vital fundraising for the club over the years. They can make their own choices, and so long as they're not involved in anything along the lines of Racism, Sectarianism or going out attacking people or destroying things, then they can do what they want.

As for last Saturday, the only incident which put the bad light were the group of teenagers up the back decked out in Stone Island clothing who only seem to show up for derbies trying to act the part.

Probably the same folk I mentioned. They were a bunch of cretins.

I think they were the same group that turned up at the Edinburgh City game trying to act like casuals and buggered off at half time.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know it was the same amount of rain?

I've never seen rain like that before.

Oh god, are you really that stupid that you think that the whole of Fife was hit with the same weather,

Trust me, it was utterly torrential beyond Dunfermline too - tropical level bouncing rain which soaks you to the skin in seconds type stuff which I've not seen in this country for a long, long time. We'll never be able to say it was exactly the same of course, but it looked like the same passing storm / stuff to me when I was midway between the two grounds at Halbeath and could see the weather a mile away on either side.

I was stuck in it from standing at the Interchange through to getting off at Cowdenbeath High Street which was a running flash flood stream and stopping traffic where it was forming a large pond at the dip. Some of the Brechin fans also missed the first 5 mins after saying "f*** leaving the pub to go out in that!". I was fully expecting our match to be delayed either through that or the almost directly overhead fork lightning. A lot of it may have just flowed out onto the tarmac track which was giving the ball boys an entertaining time fishing the balls out without soaking their feet. Some pitches just deal with water better of course.

Are we still going on about this? There were big areas of standing water in the cemetery after the match - you wouldn't have been able to play a game of football there either. So maybe it was heavier in Dunfermline, or maybe the soil throughout the area is less good for quick drainage. Or maybe something else. I don't know - does it matter?

Conversely, during the bad winter the other year, there were matchdays when the Pars were able to get their games on when no-one else in the area did. So what?

Are we still going on about this? There were big areas of standing water in the cemetery after the match - you wouldn't have been able to play a game of football there either. So maybe it was heavier in Dunfermline, or maybe the soil throughout the area is less good for quick drainage. Or maybe something else. I don't know - does it matter?

Conversely, during the bad winter the other year, there were matchdays when the Pars were able to get their games on when no-one else in the area did. So what?

As one of the few folk at one of the games being mentioned, apologies for noticing this relatively late and chipping in with some additional info that addressed the recent comments made all the back in... erm, last night. :unsure:

Falkirk at home for the winners.

Can we win the game and let Dunfermline play in the next round? Can't be arsed with playing Falkirk again.

Terrible draw. One of the worst. As much as winning this cup was great last season, it really is lot of pish. Couldn't we just do Rock Paper Scissors all the way to the final?

I am not going to get dragged into a slagfest as i really cant be bothered any more and after this i wont be saying anything else.None of the folk on my buses broke seats at east end on saturday so i dont know why they have been accused of this.Its a sad day when some raith fans are agreeing with pars fans in having a go at a group of raith fans who on saturday did nothing wrong.The season isnt even started yet and i am pissed off.

Not quite sure why you've quoted me. I've no problem with Fife's Finest. As I've said, the only people I've got an issue with were the wee c***s in Stone Island gear who started causing issues. I didn't see them break any seats, but the reason it wouldn't surprise me is because they didn't seem to see any problems in singing about Norrie McCathie leaving his cooker on. Fortunately, they were shouted down quickly and reported to the police who took their names as they sat quietly. Again, driving back home from the game, I saw the police talking to them again. These wee shitebags appear from time to time when we play a convenient game on the Fife circle route. They're the only ones giving the club a bad name.

As for the Pars fans, I've called it as I've seen it. I follow plenty of the Pars fans off here on twitter, and across the board they have some brilliant posters. We're all in the same boat, and as fans of local teams we largely see eye to eye. Feel free to quote any poster who has had a go at Fife's Finest and take it up with them if they're having a go. As I've said, I know a few members who I've been more than happy to chat to (indeed, I was talking to them on Saturday at the ground). I'm more than aware of the amount of time yourself and others have put into the club in terms of fundraising and support. I might not always agree with some folk who might be members of Fife's Finest, but I'm not going to slander the group because of a difference of opinion.

Totally agree with this. You'd be daft to slate the whole of Fife's Finest as fuds. I know some of their members who have been absolutely cracking and a great laugh. As you say, we have idiots throughout our support both in and around groups. As far as I'm concerned, they've done vital fundraising for the club over the years. They can make their own choices, and so long as they're not involved in anything along the lines of Racism, Sectarianism or going out attacking people or destroying things, then they can do what they want.

As for last Saturday, the only incident which put the bad light were the group of teenagers up the back decked out in Stone Island clothing who only seem to show up for derbies trying to act the part.

Probably the same folk I mentioned. They were a bunch of cretins.

so you,d be daft to slate the whole of FF as you know some of them and they,ve raised vital funds for the club?have you spoken to or know any of the guys dressed in stone island gear or are you tarring them all with the same brush

sure there was a thread on here last season about abuse and sexist shouted at a female linesman at Hamilton,the accused was?

were FF or one of FF not accused of sexism,foul and a

so you,d be daft to slate the whole of FF as you know some of them and they,ve raised vital funds for the club?have you spoken to or know any of the guys dressed in stone island gear or are you tarring them all with the same brush

sure there was a thread on here last season about abuse and sexist shouted at a female linesman at Hamilton,the accused was?

There were embarrassing cringeworthy shouts from people all over the stand that day.

Did one of them not flash his walloper at an EF game back in the title winning season?

Haha yes! I'm sure it was Andy Mill's (fireman Sam) wife that was shown the afore mentioned walloper when she asked to see his ticket!

That moment will live with me forever!

No idea about the game against Hamilton last season. I wasn't at that game so I probably didn't comment. Even still, if I did comment it was probably in a similar light to before. You're completely missing the point anyway, Calderon summed it up perfectly. You'll find idiots throughout football, regardless of whether you're associated to a group or not

As for the first point, I'll assume that you've missed my comments about the Stone Island brigade in my last post on this thread.There's tarring them all with the same brush, and then there is turning round to see a group of teenagers standing at the back of the stand singing about the tragic and untimely death of an ex-Pars player. Stuff like that does give fans a bad name. Fortunately, as I mentioned, they were quickly shouted down and the police took their names.

If any of them had the sense not to sing such stupid songs, then you'd hope they'd try to go to the football with a different group and not try to act like they're some football hooligan film.

Will be interesting to see if these guys turn up on Tuesday night. It sounds like the same group who were at the cup game against Dunfermline last season and set off the smoke bomb.

Will be interesting to see if these guys turn up on Tuesday night. It sounds like the same group who were at the cup game against Dunfermline last season and set off the smoke bomb.

That blue smoke was terrifying. Hopefully there is no repeat performance.

These idiots in stone island gear have nothing to do with us and the only time they appear is at derby games.If any of our lot sang songs about norrie or broke seats then they would be dealt with by myself and other committee.I know for a fact no one on our buses did anything like that on saturday.I dont understand why we are being slagged off already and RW i apologise.

Archived