Season tickets

Basically Celtic and Rangers will be charging ludicrous amounts of money. With Celtic Park being a bigger stadium, they will have to bring in extra security staff as well, with us footing the bill for this.

It being bigger also means they'll sell 10,000 more tickets than they would at Hampden or Ibrox.

Surely economies of scale bring the cost per capita down, not up?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAQ's released on twitter have said that individual tickets for all games will be on sale in August.

So even if you don't buy a season ticket, it looks like you will need to pay in advance for the games you do want to go to.

Utter, Utter Shambles and it means you've paid your SSC fee for f**k all.

Edited to add link:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3903

Fucking furious about this, sent this email, I HAVE NEVER sent a complaint email in my life yet the SFA have somehow managed to make me do it!!

Good morning,
After having no reply to my previous email which is expected I have now came across this on your FAQ sheet.

'Individual tickets for all six matches will go on sale to SSC members in August. Details of any public sale will follow.'

I would like you to explain to me what that actually means? Does this mean as a member, I have paid an excess fee of £50 to join and the only benefit I am getting is that I get one month to buy tickets at a discounted price for ALL GAMES?
The season ticket is terrible value for money so Im guessing you knew that there would be little uptake on it, so are you now basically saying that if I dont give you all my money upfront for all the games regardless youll not get a ticket because we will just go and put them on public sale anyway? Is that how childish this has got?
Me and my friends are in our early twenties and unfortunately cannot part with cash for all 6 games at the one time!!!!! Does this mean we are going to miss out on getting a ticket because we are unable to do this and pay for ALL THE GAMES in August? What actual benefit do we have of being in the SSC if that is the case?
Also how are people supposed to know if they will be allowed time off etc etc for games over a YEAR AWAY?
I sincerely hope that I am just reading this wrong and it actually means that the public sale for each individual game will only happen a month or so in advance of it and that the SSC can purchase tickets for any match at any time?
Can you please confirm?????????
This whole thing has been a shambles on your part from start to finish, being in the Supporters club has had so many benefits in the past now it just seems like a fans club that you can just try and squeze as much cash as you possibly can out of!!!
Regards.
The bit in bold is what I hope they mean, ie SSC will have fist dibs and can just buy for any game they want at the moment whilst the public sale will happen afterwards like what usually happens.
Trust the SFA to make such a massive f**k up just when things are positive on the Scotland camp, absolute shower of c***s.

It being bigger also means they'll sell 10,000 more tickets than they would at Hampden or Ibrox.

Surely economies of scale bring the cost per capita down, not up?

You would think so, however, this is the SFA's logic.

I've no idea how to post a photo but it's been confirmed via twitter.

On sale to members in August which will be the only sale for members then public sale.

Actually can't believe the levels the SFA are currently stooping to.

So I'm going to bite the bullet and get a season ticket even though the prices are ludicrous. It makes sense for my circumstances to get them all in advance.

Has anyone actually managed to buy them yet? Site seems to keep logging me out when I select what area I want

I've no idea how to post a photo but it's been confirmed via twitter.

On sale to members in August which will be the only sale for members then public sale.

Actually can't believe the levels the SFA are currently stooping to.

Is this it?

post-42805-14055128442689_thumb.jpg

FAQ's released on twitter have said that individual tickets for all games will be on sale in August.

So even if you don't buy a season ticket, it looks like you will need to pay in advance for the games you do want to go to.

Utter, Utter Shambles and it means you've paid your SSC fee for f**k all.

Edited to add link:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3903

From the link

Ticket prices have now increased for a number of reasons, including the calibre of opposition (World Champions Germany, and our old rivals England)

That is pish. Fair enough for Germany but we usually get lumped in with the World Champions anyway. As for England, they're at their lowest point for years and couldn't get out their WC group. Pointless

So let me get this right - the only advance sale of individual tickets to SSC members will be happening next month (for all games), as opposed to an individual sale before each game?

Don't really see the point in the SSC. Just going to try and stay on the ball and get tickets before each match. For the Germany match me and my mates have just ordered tickets in the home end and got sorted easily.

Serioulsy pissed off with this. How can they sell tickets for the North/South/East/West stands at Hampden when three of the games they are selling tickets for aren't even at Hampden? How the f**k are they gonna work that one out? So if I buy a ticket for the corner of the West Stand at Hampden (nearest the North Stand), am I gonna end up with a ticket for the Georgia game which is in the corner under the screens at Ibrox? f**k right off. I want my money back. We pay extra to join a supporters club and get treated like shit.

Serioulsy pissed off with this. How can they sell tickets for the North/South/East/West stands at Hampden when three of the games they are selling tickets for aren't even at Hampden? How the f**k are they gonna work that one out? So if I buy a ticket for the corner of the West Stand at Hampden (nearest the North Stand), am I gonna end up with a ticket for the Georgia game which is in the corner under the screens at Ibrox? f**k right off. I want my money back. We pay extra to join a supporters club and get treated like shit.

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense. You buy a season ticket for a specific seat at Hampden, how do they allocate your seat for Parkhead and Ibrox? Could you end up stuck behind a pillar with no way of changing to a different seat?

The SFA's handling of the entire thing has done a significant amount of damage to the relationship with supporters. Literally everything they've done in regards to tickets has been an utter shambles.

I think I must be the only SSC member who never received the email with the details. Anyone know when the expiry date is for ST?

I didn't get one, and still haven't had one.

Finding "similar seats" at Ibrox and Celtic Park if you buy an ST will be interesting. Given Hampden is single tiered aside from the South Stand, surely if you've bought one in any of the other three then you'd have to be seated in a lower tier for Georgia, Ireland and England?

The prices are staggering. I thought a minimal increase or a stagnation would be expected. But the sheer scale of the increase is wrong, especially on top of a £55 membership. I also don't understand 1) why a friendly costs more than a qualifier and 2) why isn't it optional like the last time? Plenty of people will be unable to make / won't want to go to the game for different reasons.

All the positivity building around the team is in severe danger of being shattered by ideas of short-term profiteering by the Hampden blazers. And as for comparisons with golf events and David Guetta.....really? Jeezo.

I didn't get one, and still haven't had one.

Finding "similar seats" at Ibrox and Celtic Park if you buy an ST will be interesting. Given Hampden is single tiered aside from the South Stand, surely if you've bought one in any of the other three then you'd have to be seated in a lower tier for Georgia, Ireland and England?

The prices are staggering. I thought a minimal increase or a stagnation would be expected. But the sheer scale of the increase is wrong, especially on top of a £55 membership. I also don't understand 1) why a friendly costs more than a qualifier and 2) why isn't it optional like the last time? Plenty of people will be unable to make / won't want to go to the game for different reasons.

All the positivity building around the team is in severe danger of being shattered by ideas of short-term profiteering by the Hampden blazers. And as for comparisons with golf events and David Guetta.....really? Jeezo.

For you and others L_P, have you checked all the folders in your email accounts? Normally stuff from the SSC/SFA goes straight into my normal inbox however this one, and the irony isn't lost on me, arrived in my Promotions box (this is on Gmail).

I made my feelings clear in an earlier post, but since then they've obviously come out with the comparisons, which are just a nonsense. The football ones especially, like the Scottish Cup final and the English Play Off Final - basically it's a case of "everyone else fleeces their customers, so we'll do it too".

You and others have it bang on - the good feeling around the team, and being a Scotland fan in general, has been pissed up against a wall here by the SFA and their greed.

North Stand at Hampden - £250, and that includes your £35 discount. That's an average of £47.50 for those who don't go for the season ticket. Even if the England ticket is priced at a ridiculous £55, that still an average of £46 for the rest of them. Let's not forget who the opposition are here.

It's a blatant rip-off and rather than trumpet what a terrific saving the mug punters (and that includes me) will be shelling out, they should be apologising. Nothing short of a disgrace.

And "We are Scotland".......WTF is that meant to mean?

Archived