Season tickets

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite not having got the initial email to say they're on sale, I've now had a few texts and emails to remind me season tickets are available. Standard marketing guff or a sign that sales are going badly and they're starting to pester people to get them?

Maybe the take up of season tickets is due to folk being off for the Greenock Fair, Glasgow Fair, Paisley Fair at this time of the year?

Got them email, and thank Christ someone has some common sense in the SFA. What they were basically saying was, if you don't wish to buy the over valued season ticket, you'd have to buy all the single tickets at once and pay even more over the odds!

Just speaking to my old man there, who is also outraged by this pish, and he came up with a decent suggestion.

We sat in the north stand last year and i think we were £150 each for season tickets including tickets for Wembley. Seems ridiculous that it is £250 just to sit there this season, fucking shambles.

Anyway, he reckons that the SFA should give fans an away point on 2 if they purchase a season ticket since we are paying considerably more this campaign. Surely this would attract more folk and give the season ticket a little more value for money by giving us something back. Obviously it is hard for folk to get away point because to get them you have to go to away games...so I quite liked the sound of what he was saying.

Still a shambles though.

That is probably the worst idea i have ever heard

Anyone know the script with SSC members getting individual tickets beside other members with season tickets?

Basically its me and two mates, 2 of us have decided to just get the season ticket to save hassle whilst the 3rd is just going to pick 4 or so games to get individual tickets to. Is there any way that for the games he does go to that he can get seats beside us?

Anyone know the script with SSC members getting individual tickets beside other members with season tickets?

Basically its me and two mates, 2 of us have decided to just get the season ticket to save hassle whilst the 3rd is just going to pick 4 or so games to get individual tickets to. Is there any way that for the games he does go to that he can get seats beside us?

No.

That's the problem with the season ticket idea (apart from the price of them and the fact there's a compulsory friendly in them this time around). Basically if the whole group doesn't go for it then either nobody can or you accept you are not all going to sit together.

It is possible depending on hos they do the individual ticket sale that if you know where your mates with the season tickets will be located you may manage to get close to them but even that isn't certain.

I never bothered with getting a season ticket this year. Just got fed up of all the numerous midweek games and having to apply for half-days off work just to get down to Glasgow for a reasonable time. If I can't sit next to my friends for 90mins out of the whole day out at the weekends then so be it.

I just can't justify the price. God I got a St Mirren season ticket for 18 games for not that much more (£35 dearer I think!).

None of my mates has gone for it so we'll just pick the games to go to and which ones to watch in the pub.

£190 for a season ticket in the West Stand or wherever they put me at Ibrox/Parkheid. £32 a game.

The SFA have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing, and by adding in the England game to the ticket, a marketing disaster. However I'm happy to pay £32 across all 6 games. It's about on the money these days for Germany, RoI and England games (I bet the price of tickets for Dortmund and Dublin will be the same or higher), a bit overpriced for Poland, and defo overpriced for Georgia and Gibraltar.

I'd be going to every game anyway and I save on postage and hassle of buying individual tickets for every game, and get to sit with my mates who have also bought ST's, so I;d rather cough up now than give the SFA even more money.

Fans have the right to be upset and refuse to buy ST's, but there are the usual clowns on the TAMB who are calling people mugs and other such names for buying, these people need to get a grip. The bad boys here are the SFA, not fans for daring to buy a ST and support the team.

Buying mines the day cant see any prob if people are moaning about the price.got my wee card to with my mug shot on it

Cant wait for the games be some great German Irish English Polish players coming to Glasgow.fingers crossed we cuff them

Time to believe in our self once again especially with a good manager in charge from the off for the first time in a long time

We have got some good players to have no doubt about that time they showed how much the want to play in a big finals

Come on lets be ruthless and get there any way that is possible and show our desire to take our place at the big table

£190 for a season ticket in the West Stand or wherever they put me at Ibrox/Parkheid. £32 a game.

The SFA have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing, and by adding in the England game to the ticket, a marketing disaster. However I'm happy to pay £32 across all 6 games. It's about on the money these days for Germany, RoI and England games (I bet the price of tickets for Dortmund and Dublin will be the same or higher), a bit overpriced for Poland, and defo overpriced for Georgia and Gibraltar.

I'd be going to every game anyway and I save on postage and hassle of buying individual tickets for every game, and get to sit with my mates who have also bought ST's, so I;d rather cough up now than give the SFA even more money.

Fans have the right to be upset and refuse to buy ST's, but there are the usual clowns on the TAMB who are calling people mugs and other such names for buying, these people need to get a grip. The bad boys here are the SFA, not fans for daring to buy a ST and support the team.

I think some fans are pissed off because the more folk pay these prices the more of a green light it gives the SFA. They will simply continue with their policy of ripping the arse out of ticket-pricing.

I think some fans are pissed off because the more folk pay these prices the more of a green light it gives the SFA. They will simply continue with their policy of ripping the arse out of ticket-pricing.

So what do you do? buy a season ticket and save yersel a wee bit of cash and hassle, buy match-by-match and pay even more money and have more hassle, or don't go at all and cut yer nose off to spite yer face? The SFA would not have changed their minds on pricing.

Don't have an issue with people not buying ST's and paying match-by-match to make a point, I nearly did the same (and not everyone can afford to do it anyway regardless of price), but it's these erses who say they're no going at all, boycotting, and then treat fowk who had the audacity to buy a ST as some sort of scab, it's complete nonsense.

A wee birdy telt me that the SFA realise they've made a rip roaring erse of it on the pricing given the amount of calls and emails they've had, and the negative press coverage. That's the way to ram home the point, not abandon the team.

So what do you do? buy a season ticket and save yersel a wee bit of cash and hassle, buy match-by-match and pay even more money and have more hassle, or don't go at all and cut yer nose off to spite yer face? The SFA would not have changed their minds on pricing.

Don't have an issue with people not buying ST's and paying match-by-match to make a point, I nearly did the same (and not everyone can afford to do it anyway regardless of price), but it's these erses who say they're no going at all, boycotting, and then treat fowk who had the audacity to buy a ST as some sort of scab, it's complete nonsense.

A wee birdy telt me that the SFA realise they've made a rip roaring erse of it on the pricing given the amount of calls and emails they've had, and the negative press coverage. That's the way to ram home the point, not abandon the team.

Pretty much agree with this. I won't be buying a season ticket, but mostly because I can't justify spending about £500 on season tickets (this one and Thistle) within about a month of each other. Plus not buying the ticket always gives me the getout clause of not going to the game if something else comes up. Someone selfishly had their wedding on the night of the Belgium game last time out, and I couldn't get rid of my ticket for anywhere near what I paid for it. I'll pay more going game to game, as I fully intend to go to each one if I'm able to, but I think the difference was like £15 or something.

Like you say, I don't think the SFA will do this again, although for me it's them trying to ride the good feeling we've got at the moment. If we qualify for Euro 2016 and look good in the process, and maybe get into the knockout stages of that tournament, there isn't a chance they'll drop the prices. Of course, we might not qualify, get a shite WC group, and they'll be forced to. A dangerous gamble from them.

Archived