Season tickets

Well done to Edinburgh ta who have agreed to stay away from the Gibraltar game. Actions speak louder than words. For my part, as a previous season ticket holder, I will

1. Not buy a season ticket

2. Stay away from the over hyped England game

3. Stay away from the ROI game

Shame, but you sometimes need to take a stand.

SLW

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Save £35 by buying a season ticket .Save £47.50 by not going to the Gibraltar game.

Cheapest open golf season ticket this week £220 for 7 days (3 practice 4 championship)

dearest day ticket if bought on the day £75 for over 12 hours entertainment.

Hour and half football at overly inflated prices (especially England) and midweek games.

Al be weighing up my options as to what games al be going to.

Ridiculous prices!!

You cannot compare golf with football.

For £75 you can see one guy (or at most 2 or 3) at a time with long periods of inactivity when all they are doing is walking. So, how much actual action will you get for your £75? (or £220 for 7 days). And while you do this something more interesting is happening a mile away at the other end of the course!

At least for £40-£50 at a football match you will get an hour or so of the ball actually moving and a player actually doing something, and you will see everything which happens on the field of play!

I play golf (not very well) and think it is a sh*te spectator sport. The last Open I went to was at Turnberry and that was because I got the ticket for nothing. The cost of getting a drink and something to eat would make a P&B at Hampden seem really cheap by comparison.

The R&A are bigger rip-off merchants than the SFA.

So the cheapest adult tickets for the qualifiers are £30 this campaign? What were they last time?

And I presume they haven't sent an e-mail newsletter about this change relating to having to buy all tickets together? I had a wee check and couldn't find any official word so far.

I will definitely be e-mailing them a complaint - and will get the other boys that travel with me to do the same. What is the e-mail address for such complaints?

I emailed the SFA about the individual games tickets. I got this response:

No, you don't have to buy the tickets in August, we will re-open the sale to members nearer to the time of the matches.

So good news I suppose.

Well what a rip off.

For years I have been taking my chances by buying tickets for each game without being a member of the SSC (£55) just for the right to buy a ticket. I admit that I have missed some games as I could not get a ticket, but that was my choice.

This time time my son (12 years old) now wants to go as he enjoyed the Belgium and USA games, so I thought join the SSC. There used to be a kids membership that got 1 kid in with an adult, but couldn't find the junior membership on the website, so I phone the SFA for advice. Basically the lady had a take it or leave stance.

It was stated that the junior membership will be automatically selected when I enter my sons age and I will be charged a discounted fee, OK so far. for this he would only be able to buy a ticket if there is also a adult membership, so 2 memberships required. (£80 then).

I asked when i joined can does this let me buy a parent and child ticket for the family section, no was the reply I can only buy 1 ticket per membership. Her advice was for to either

1) I join, buy my ticket (she advised that it would be better to buy the season to make sure I got a ticket), then buy a child ticket at with the SSC membership ahead of the public sale, but the second ticket may / not be beside mine. What the **** use is that.

2) buy two SSC membership for myself and my 12 yr laddie. Then either buy the family season (which she advises) or buy a adult and child at the SSC advance sale.

When asked what befits is the SSC apart from the advance ticket sale I was told the my son will get a news letter and a welcome pack, properly leaflets. So it is £80 for the right to buy and a newsletter, which will be full of adverts.

It makes to wonder if there want to encourage the kids or just fill the stadium with adults at the higher prices.

Do any veteran TA members have any advice, eg pay it or just find a friendly pub that I can take him in to see the games. I was in europe when the world cup was on, so we watched the qtr and semi finals in the pubs and and lots of other kids were welcome. I have to say the Dutch and Belgians are the quietest fans I have come across, at least the French moaned a bit.

Thanks in advance

Rufus

Sent an email asking what happens with your season ticket seat at Parkhead and Ibrox, reply:

'Whatever ever seat you select at Hampden, we will match the nearest equivalent seat in both Ibrox and Celtic Park and you will not get a restricted view seat as we have taken those seats off sale.'

Just speaking to my old man there, who is also outraged by this pish, and he came up with a decent suggestion.

We sat in the north stand last year and i think we were £150 each for season tickets including tickets for Wembley. Seems ridiculous that it is £250 just to sit there this season, fucking shambles.

Anyway, he reckons that the SFA should give fans an away point on 2 if they purchase a season ticket since we are paying considerably more this campaign. Surely this would attract more folk and give the season ticket a little more value for money by giving us something back. Obviously it is hard for folk to get away point because to get them you have to go to away games...so I quite liked the sound of what he was saying.

Still a shambles though.

You cannot compare golf with football.

For £75 you can see one guy (or at most 2 or 3) at a time with long periods of inactivity when all they are doing is walking. So, how much actual action will you get for your £75? (or £220 for 7 days). And while you do this something more interesting is happening a mile away at the other end of the course!

At least for £40-£50 at a football match you will get an hour or so of the ball actually moving and a player actually doing something, and you will see everything which happens on the field of play!

I play golf (not very well) and think it is a sh*te spectator sport. The last Open I went to was at Turnberry and that was because I got the ticket for nothing. The cost of getting a drink and something to eat would make a P&B at Hampden seem really cheap by comparison.

The R&A are bigger rip-off merchants than the SFA.

You cannot compare golf with football. For £75 you can see one guy (or at most 2 or 3) at a time with long periods of inactivity when all they are doing is walking. So, how much actual action will you get for your £75? (or £220 for 7 days). And while you do this something more interesting is happening a mile away at the other end of the course! At least for £40-£50 at a football match you will get an hour or so of the ball actually moving and a player actually doing something, and you will see everything which happens on the field of play! I play golf (not very well) and think it is a sh*te spectator sport. The last Open I went to was at Turnberry and that was because I got the ticket for nothing. The cost of getting a drink and something to eat would make a P&B at Hampden seem really cheap by comparison. The R&A are bigger rip-off merchants than the SFA.

you can sit on any green at the open and see all the players coming through.

There are also greens with tv screens so if something more interesting is happening elsewhere ye can still see it.

Fair point about rip off food prices but ye can take yer own,prob have few cans in a coolbox,canny do that Hampden without strathclydes finest hunting ye down ?

What about Wimbledon then ?

Again rip off food prices but ticket wise its 9 hours worth of value

What about the rugby ?

You get plenty action and see every player on the field.

We are now more expensive than the egg chasers which is something I thought would never see.

Point im trying to make is theres nae value in the season ticket.

I think just over 3k sold up to the other day.

Compared to recent qualifyers the sfa season ticket prices are a joke and someone from there should be big enough to come out with a statement saying they made a James hunt of it.

I was talking about LIVE spectating, Obviously if you watch a big TV screen you can see stuff all over the course, so why not just watch it on the TV at home?

If you sit in a stand at a green, then you only see 2 or 3 people at any one time and most of that time is them walking to, around and off the green.

Golf is still a sh*te spectator sport for anyone who wants to see (LIVE) action at the actual venue.

Just speaking to my old man there, who is also outraged by this pish, and he came up with a decent suggestion.

We sat in the north stand last year and i think we were £150 each for season tickets including tickets for Wembley. Seems ridiculous that it is £250 just to sit there this season, fucking shambles.

Anyway, he reckons that the SFA should give fans an away point on 2 if they purchase a season ticket since we are paying considerably more this campaign. Surely this would attract more folk and give the season ticket a little more value for money by giving us something back. Obviously it is hard for folk to get away point because to get them you have to go to away games...so I quite liked the sound of what he was saying.

Still a shambles though.

That's an absolutely dreadful idea, but is exactly the sort of thing the SFA would come up with. An away point is called an away point because it's for going to away games. The whole purpose of the system is to ensure that away ticket allocations go to the people who have been to the most away games - ie folk that go to Macedonia and Georgia get rewarded by having priority for a game in Germany or France.

Giving people away points for buying tickets to home games would basically defeat the purpose of the whole system.

The price hike is ridiculous. The working class are being priced out of football. The cost of living is going through the roof and these idiots decide a 40% rise in prices is the order of the day. Not missed a home game in a while but I wont be paying those prices.

I've now logged in twice to buy a season ticket, I've picked a seat, put it in my basket, then went to the basket and deleted it cos I just can't justify paying that amount of money for six games. :(

Despite not having got the initial email to say they're on sale, I've now had a few texts and emails to remind me season tickets are available. Standard marketing guff or a sign that sales are going badly and they're starting to pester people to get them?

I got a text from them a couple of days after they went on sale. Checking back through my texts the last time they sent me about anything ticket related was when we played the USA.

Just had an email saying that the individual match tickets won't be put on sale in August. Instead they'll just do the normal thing and sell them to Supporters Club Members in the weeks before the match.

Single match ticket sale update

With the sales period for the Scotland Season Ticket coming to a close on 11 August, we have listened to your feedback and simplified the process for purchasing individual match tickets.

Instead of asking members to buy tickets for all six individual matches in August, we will revert to the usual practice of opening the exclusive member sale in the weeks prior to each match.

Season ticket holders will have the opportunity to buy two additional tickets (subject to availability, public prices will apply) at the end of each member sale. After this stage, any remaining tickets will then go on public sale, as usual.

All members are still guaranteed one ticket for each home match, this has not changed. However we understand that the introduction of the additional sales window may have caused some confusion and added some unnecessary financial strain.

Oh well, alls well that ends well I guess. Although, contrary to what they said previously said it look like you were going to be asked to buy all your tickets in one go.

It also look like only season ticket holders get to buy extra tickets and not "ordinary" SSC members. It may be that this was always the case but I had in my head that ordinary members were able to get extra tickets, that might be my mistake though.

All in all the SSc membership has proved to be pretty poor value, i dont think I will bother next time.

Archived