143rd Open Championship

Davis Love III

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit I'm not a major golf fan only the majors but do you guys agree with me in saying that it's better to watch when the course is really tough?

I remember Padraig Harrington winning at Birkdale at about 5-over. Couple of US opens and Masters been even worse than that iirc. Not really a fan of seeing tons of guys go under par in majors.

Got to admit I'm not a major golf fan only the majors but do you guys agree with me in saying that it's better to watch when the course is really tough?

I remember Padraig Harrington winning at Birkdale at about 5-over. Couple of US opens and Masters been even worse than that iirc. Not really a fan of seeing tons of guys go under par in majors.

Yea I love seeing a challenging course where level par is a good round.

I had 2.50 e/w on Poulter (MC), same on Gallacher (-2).

I'm hoping with the wild weather that McIlroy drops back into the pack for tomorrow, to make it more interesting, but not too confident of that.

I had 2.50 e/w on Poulter (MC), same on Gallacher (-2).

I'm hoping with the wild weather that McIlroy drops back into the pack for tomorrow, to make it more interesting, but not too confident of that.

I hope he does too, I've got 2quid e/w on Dustin Johnson. McIlroy bunkered on the first, Johnson with a two footer for birdie.

I hope he does too, I've got 2quid e/w on Dustin Johnson. McIlroy bunkered on the first, Johnson with a two footer for birdie.

I followed Johnson at Carnoustie in the Dunhill links in 2012 and what really pissed me off about him was the amount of spitting he done. He would literally spit before and after every shot

I know Peter Alliss has been a great commentator over the years, but it really is beyond time they pensioned him off. That nonsense at the 17th yesterday when McIllroy missed the green and the constant harping back to the 1950s and 1960s is beyond a joke now.

He is completely out of touch with the modern game and the way it is played.

I suspect (hope) Alliss will bow out next year as it's at St Andrews. For me, he jumped the shark when he failed to recognise Mickelson's putt on the 72nd green had won him the 2004 Masters, so that was 10 years ago.

I like Sam Torrance when he was on, don't think he has been for a few years.

As to the golf, I'd like McIlroy to win but it would be good if he and / or someone else made it interesting.

I suspect (hope)

I like Sam Torrance when he was on, don't think he has been for a few years.

Torrance was good. I think the quality of the BBC team generally is very good.

Golfers tend to be articulate and intelligent so there are plenty out there who would be worth listening to. I'd like to see it mixed up a bit more.

Archived