Why Are Many Drivers So Anti-Cyclist In This Country?

I'm going to leave it with this.

The percentage of inconsiderate cyclists I see outnumbers the percentage of inconsiderate drivers.

The example I gave about timing it so that cyclists have to stop at passing places may be inconsiderate but it is stated in the highway code that a cyclist should be given plenty time to stop. It is also safer to pass a stationary cyclist than a mobile one.

My advice to all would be to pick up a highway code, read it, MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT, then you will not have to partake in stupid arguments.

Especially you Rico. Your lack of understanding is astounding for a licenced driver.

Wait a minute!.

You refer to a cyclist who holds up traffic,as inconsiderate or reckless because they don't pay due care and attention to other road users, yet in an earlier post you said ," Whilst they can rile you by refusing to pull into passing places you can time your approach to on coming cyclists so that they are forced to stop at a passing place."

By your own admission your an inconsiderate and responsible driver.

Do you actually realise what a fucktard you're making of yourself here? .

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a minute!.

You refer to a cyclist who holds up traffic,as inconsiderate or reckless because they don't pay due care and attention to other road users, yet in an earlier post you said ," Whilst they can rile you by refusing to pull into passing places you can time your approach to on coming cyclists so that they are forced to stop at a passing place."

By your own admission your an inconsiderate and responsible driver.

Do you actually realise what a fucktard you're making of yourself here? .

Hey mate. The highway code tells you to give them plenty of time to stop.

The pleasure I derive from obeying the law or my motivation for that pleasure is neither here nor there.

Bicycle accidents are non reportable, unless they involve a third party

I had a mate who crashed his bike after hitting a patch of diesel and died as a result of his injuries.

There was no third party involved..

Of course its reported and a fatal accident investigation was held.

This shows how fucking totally ignorant you are.

Hey mate. The highway code tells you to give them plenty of time to stop.

The pleasure I derive from obeying the law or my motivation for that pleasure is neither here nor there.

So what's the difference derived by a cyclist deliberately going slow (if he chose to do so), to hold up traffic?

So what's the difference derived by a cyclist deliberately going slow (if he chose to do so), to hold up traffic?

One obeys the rules to the letter and annoys the cyclist.

The other is against the rules and annoys motorists. Cyclists are bound by rules too. They must obey road signs. Every single track road has periodic signs stating that you must "use passing places to allow overtaking"

A cyclist versed in the rules and used to using single track roads will understand that it is more responsible to stop than be caught up in his own selfish bubble trying to keep pace. This applies to both examples.

Reasonable people do not get annoyed at having to stop their bikes, they smile and wave back as you pass.

Selfish p***ks more worried about having matching lycra on get seething.

What's the problem?

One obeys the rules to the letter and annoys the cyclist.

The other is against the rules and annoys motorists.

A cyclist versed in the rules and used to using single track roads will understand that it is more responsible to stop than be caught up in his own selfish bubble trying to keep pace. This applies to both examples.

Reasonable people do not get annoyed at having to stop their bikes, they smile and wave back as you pass.

Selfish p***ks more worried about having matching lycra on get seething.

What's the problem?

So please enlighten us, whats the minimum speed allowed before it breaks the rules?

Its also interesting that because a cyclist may choose to wear lycra, you automatically class them as a selfish p***k.

In summary, you're exactly the type of driver I was referring to when I initiated this thread, a seething, mouth breather, full of their own importance and intolerant of other road users except themselves .

Would it therefore be acceptable for me to class all HGV license holders and drivers as fat,smelly knuckle dragging plebs?

Oh look, a fucking lorry driver. 20% of cycling fatalities in London are due to lorry drivers and 25% of serious cycling injuries UK-wide are caused by lorries passing too close.

How many lorry drivers do you see pulling into laybys on the A9 to let huge tailback pass? Damn few.

Most lorry drivers are fine in my experience, some are arseholes. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark about this one...

So please enlighten us, whats the minimum speed allowed before it breaks the rules?

Its also interesting that because a cyclist may choose to wear lycra, you automatically class them as a selfish p***k.

In summary, you're exactly the type of driver I was referring to when I initiated this thread, a seething, mouth breather, full of their own importance and intolerant of other road users except themselves

I think you are getting your wires crossed. All the gear-no idea are the cyclists who annoy me. Ones who ignore the rules. Ones who will drive by a passing place rather than break pace to allow a faster vehicle by. Most cyclists do not have mirrors so the usual etiquette I follow is if they do not give way at one designated space I will alert them to my presence with a blast of the horn (the recognised signal, and only allowed use of the horn) then they have opportunity to use the next passing place. Missing the next one riles me a little and happens too often. I will not pressurise the cyclist though.

Why does that bother you?

Oh look, a fucking lorry driver. 20% of cycling fatalities in London are due to lorry drivers and 25% of serious cycling injuries UK-wide are caused by lorries passing too close.

How many lorry drivers do you see pulling into laybys on the A9 to let huge tailback pass? Damn few.

Most lorry drivers are fine in my experience, some are arseholes. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark about this one...

Also, not forgetting how stupid cyclists look in lycra

post-25568-0-65786600-1407247593.jpg

I'm licenced but do not drive lorry. Care to revise your opinion?

In summary, you're exactly the type of driver I was referring to when I initiated this thread, a seething, mouth breather, full of their own importance and intolerant of other road users except themselves .

Would it therefore be acceptable for me to class all HGV license holders and drivers as fat,smelly knuckle dragging plebs?

Have you read my posts? I do not generalise all cyclists as similar.

I think you are getting your wires crossed. All the gear-no idea are the cyclists who annoy me. Ones who ignore the rules. Ones who will drive by a passing place rather than break pace to allow a faster vehicle by. Most cyclists do not have mirrors so the usual etiquette I follow is if they do not give way at one designated space I will alert them to my presence with a blast of the horn (the recognised signal, and only allowed use of the horn) then they have opportunity to use the next passing place. Missing the next one riles me a little and happens too often. I will not pressurise the cyclist though.

Why does that bother you?

Its amazing how you keep changing your stance here, when you can answer any direct questions.

So,I'll ask it again since you seem so well versed on the Highway Code.

What's the minimum speed a cyclist can go before they break the rules

You've got issues pal.

The percentage of cyclists who speed through red lights as if they don't exist is very high - much higher than car drivers. It's not even an occasional sight, I'd say the majority do it. This, along with the numerous other dangerous practices they're involved in, represents a serious threat to not only their own life but to the condition of my car. For example, more often that not cyclist omit doing the wee hand signals they're meant to do.

I would like to see separate paths for cyclists brought in. I think this would result in fewer cyclists being injured, as well as other accidents they inadvertently cause through their poor highway code knowledge and lack of motor skills.

Its amazing how you keep changing your stance here, when you can answer any direct questions.

So,I'll ask it again since you seem so well versed on the Highway Code.

What's the minimum speed a cyclist can go before they break the rules

There is none. I thought I explained myself. Breaking the rules occurs when inconsiderate cyclists do not obey road signs.

Like I said you are getting cross wires. You might want to read a little more closely.

Would you be annoyed on a single track road at having to stop in a passing place to let an incoming vehicle by? If so you are the reason cyclists have a bad name and I will be grinning from ear to ear at your seethe. If not, I hope to meet you on the road some day and my smile and wave will signify pleasure at meeting a fellow, pleasant road user.

You've got issues pal.

A blast of the horn is the recognised signal to alert other road users to your presence. If a slower vehicle does not give way at a passing place then it can be assumed they do not know you are there. Most bicycles do not have mirrors these days I have,noticed.

Another place I used my horn are those narrow humpy back bridges. Believe it or not cyclists on the other side are my main consideration then too.

There is none. I thought I explained myself. Breaking the rules occurs when inconsiderate cyclists do not obey road signs.

Like I said you are getting cross wires. You might want to read a little more closely.

Would you be annoyed on a single track road at having to stop in a passing place to let an incoming vehicle by? If so you are the reason cyclists have a bad name and I will be grinning from ear to ear at your seethe. If not, I hope to meet you on the road some day and my smile and wave will signify pleasure at meeting a fellow, pleasant road user.

Haha, you've changed it again!

Never once did you say breaking rules occur when inconsiderate cyclists do not obey road signs.

You also said unless a third party was involved, cycling accidents don't get reported.

So back to the subject for your original seethe, since there is no minimum speed for a cyclist to go, they aren't breaking any rules by going slow.

As NewBornBairn rightly points out, you have serious issues mate

A blast of the horn is the recognised signal to alert other road users to your presence. If a slower vehicle does not give way at a passing place then it can be assumed they do not know you are there. Most bicycles do not have mirrors these days I have,noticed.

Another place I used my horn are those narrow humpy back bridges. Believe it or not cyclists on the other side are my main consideration then too.

Yeah,bring back the good old days when almost every bicycle had mirrors !!! WTF

Archived