Aberdeen vs Dundee United - 10/08/14

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think Taylor was that bad, mistake aside. Given that it's his first game for us in defence I think he did okay.

First time I'd seen him and I wasn't too impressed tbh.

However, was it him that just dragged the 'injured' United player off the park right in front of a rather sympathetic ref (whoever it was)? That was magic.

However, was it him that just dragged the 'injured' United player off the park right in front of a rather sympathetic ref (whoever it was)? That was magic.

The ref was Collum,the player was GMS. (And he was injured and had to go off) unlike the diving wee c**t Pawlett who goes down if somebody looks at him the wrong way.

I haven't seen a great deal of Willo for the Dons but it's pretty clear that he's not the kind of guy who needs to be bullied or cajoled into giving his all. Willo plays at 100 mph, which is exactly what's required when the opposition have the ball but is not necessarily what's required when in possession. He's never going to slow the game down and pull the strings. That's not Willo's game. Put him alongside a playmaker, in a structured team and give him a straightforward role and he's great. Put him in a struggling team and he'll run around like a demented toddler.

That's part of the problem with Flood though. Even when he is playing shite, he will continue to demand every ball and make more and more shite decisions. Sometimes he might be better hiding a little!

That's part of my problem with him. Totally useless when chasing a game, his decision making is dire. Can understand why so many Arabs got frustrated with him because I'm not a fan at all.

I'd like to see him dropped for a couple of games and give Low his chance. We've a good spoiler in Jack and I think Low beside Jack would allow better decisions and passes to be made into Hayes, Pawlett and McGinn. At home especially, Flood seems to struggle to make the right decisions to start moves off.

Maybe it's just me but he's sore needing dropped.

Yeah, everyone around me was moaning about him lying right on the touch line and that he should get off the pitch. Then Taylor just picked him up and dumped him over the line :lol:

It was his first game in defence for us so I'll give him a chance. Should never had made the mistake for the first goal though.

He played centre half in the away game against Riga. Looked poor in that as well.

What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? No it's Fojut!!!!!

What a performance from the Fojut and Morris, I'll withdraw my pre-season prediction that Soapy will be first choice. Fojut and Morris won everything Aberdeen threw into the box, looks like a great partnership in the making.

Hat's off to JMac he got it spot on today, although I genuinely think last season we'd have got a fair doing playing this system at Aberdeen , did we win that many headers all season?

We might have lost a little flair this summer but I think as a whole we've improved and if we can keep everyone fit we should be on for another good season.

United win-Check

Rangers lose-Check

Robertson Scores for Hull-Check

Top of the league-Check

What a beautiful Sunday!!

Yeah, everyone around me was moaning about him lying right on the touch line and that he should get off the pitch. Then Taylor just picked him up and dumped him over the line :lol:

It was his first game in defence for us so I'll give him a chance. Should never had made the mistake for the first goal though.

I thought Taylor took a few big risks in the first half in particular (and obviously got punished for one of them)

First time at Pittodrie yesterday and it was a really enjoyable atmosphere in our end. Thought GMS was excellent today until he went off. He was a real nuisance in the second half when Aberdeen were coming forward and we started catching them on the break. Armstrong wasn't at his best today but I did appreciate that he was trying to be creative and help things along with us. Ciftci was too greedy at times and missed a couple of opportunities to put others through but still, his ball through for GMS to score was excellent. Dow did well to keep sniffing around and then pounce on the chance for his goal.

Oh and I have to echo the adoration for Fojut (and Morris to a slightly lesser extent) coming from my fellow Arabs. It's still early days but he looks to be exactly what we needed for periods of last season. Although he had a tough act to follow, I was very happy with Townsend today and it was good not only to see Erskine come on play well and score, but to hear our fans actually support him too.

All in all, a great day out. Hopefully whatever forced GMS off isn't too serious and we'll have him back for wednesday.

Sare yin!

We were second best in every department yesterday, fair play to United, they look a really solid outfit. One of those games where we were just never going to score and it is probably the worst performance I have seen in some time, probably since McInnes took over actually.

Apart from Pawlett in the second half there were no stand outs for us. Said it before but I just don't think Goodwillie is going to be a regular Goal scorer for us. Rooney from the start on Wednesday please.

Very annoying start to the league campaign but f**k it, it's one game. Hoping for a quick response on Wednesday.

Well done United though, very good performance.

Watched Morris in the highlights yesterday, summed him up really.

Won everything in the air then handles the ball in the box!

Brilliant yet prone to one horrendous blunder a game. Would rather have a steady carthorse defender than a show pony who falls over at the finish line.

Watched Morris in the highlights yesterday, summed him up really.

Won everything in the air then handles the ball in the box!

Brilliant yet prone to one horrendous blunder a game. Would rather have a steady carthorse defender than a show pony who falls over at the finish line.

Eh? What was the horrendous blunder? Ball bounced, hit his hand right in front of the ref who said it wasn't a penalty.

He was an integral part of a defence who kept their first league clean sheet since December, away from home at arguably the second best team in Scotland. He's also showed up very well against good opposition in pre season.

Maybe if you'd played the show pony rather than cart horses at home to the Beath you might be playing in the Championship this season?

I'd take a better footballer who may make a mistake every now and again over an average player who offers little every day of the week.

Eh? What was the horrendous blunder? Ball bounced, hit his hand right in front of the ref who said it wasn't a penalty.

He was an integral part of a defence who kept their first league clean sheet since December, away from home at arguably the second best team in Scotland. He's also showed up very well against good opposition in pre season.

Maybe if you'd played the show pony rather than cart horses at home to the Beath you might be playing in the Championship this season?

I'd take a better footballer who may make a mistake every now and again over an average player who offers little every day of the week.

You could argue that he made a bit of a blunder when he tried to let the ball run out and the Aberdeen player won the ball and set up a good chance. Never the less it was a great competitive debut from both the centre halves who dominated the box like we havn't seen from a Utd defence in many years.

Wouldn't bother about DAFC, has something against Morris for no particular reason. Morris is a great defender, hell he might make a mistake this season, find me a defender who won't. But your defence will be better with him in it.

Archived