Aberdeen vs Dundee United - 10/08/14

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back!

Absolutely fantastic result against a team we struggled against last term. What a difference having a central defensive pair that know their job and just get on with it. The way Rado, Fojut and Morris celebrated together at full time said it all for me.

Apart from Rado flapping, Armstrong not being as good as he usually is, and GMS being played out of position it was everything I could have hoped for.

Dow will be a big player for us this season and give Erskine his due he played really well when he came on as well as scoring.

Great result and a great travelling support. Roll on Wednesday.

Well a wonderful result and a fantastic defensive display. Yup, we actually defended well today and that is what really won us the game. For long spells of the match we weren't actually that great. We were poor in possession and looked a bit nervy on the ball. However we counter-attacked Aberdeen superbly and our defence was excellent.

We have managed to find two proper central defenders! Shout if from the rooftops, we have defenders that are aggressive and can win the ball in the air!

Morris was excellent but the new hero and my new personal favourite has to be Fojut. What an absolute beast of a man!

Well that was strange. Thought we were the better team (up until the last third) and managed to get beat 3-0.

The PJMs will be happy with that one and there were a good number up to enjoy it.

I will worry if it's repeated but here's hoping it's just a blip.

Well that was strange. Thought we were the better team (up until the last third) and managed to get beat 3-0.

The PJMs will be happy with that one and there were a good number up to enjoy it.

I will worry if it's repeated but here's hoping it's just a blip.

You played more football than us and probably better football than us. We rarely put together six telling passes together.

But we now have Lord Fujot of Baldynut in defence. Therein lies the difference.

In all seriousness we cleared everything in front of goal and Fujot and Morris were immense. Last season if we had conceded nine corners then that would have lead to at least two goals.

Just back from Pittodrie, most pleasing win in quite a while, not least because we've finally got centre backs that can finally defend. First clean sheet in the league since December! :thumsup2 Morris would be my man of the match with Fojut not far behind him.

Chuffed for Erskine to get a goal too. Excellent when he came on, particularly defensively.

Only negatives were that Ciftci was too selfish today, and Rado was still a bit flappy (although still an improvement over the tail end of last season)

As for Aberdeen, they didn't play particularly badly, until the final third where they were woeful. Found it funny that Goodie got cheered by the United fans, whilst Robson and Flood got booed as per usual.

Good to see the seethe from non Dons/Utd fans on here after only one game.

Which United fans are seething Mozza?

I did actually mean non Dons, non Utd fans.

Didn't read like that, but I realise Doric is your first language.

Were you there today?

Read like that to me. What does putting an oblique stroke between two words normally mean?

Anyway I'm seething.

First up, fair play to United, ruthlessly clinical today. Maybe not at your best but still streets ahead of us today. GMS was superb, Fojut and Morris too and Erskine impressed off the bench when he came on for Armstrong. Rankin and Paton do what they do, nowt flashy but effective today. When you got the ball, direct running at us whereas we were the opposite.

We were shite, no two ways about it. How often will Del play Robson, Jack and Flood in the same team before he realises that they simply do not and will not work? They are too slow, do not offer enough penetration, direct running or direct passing. Truthfully, I thought Robson was that crap he should have been hooked when he went off for stitches. The three of them will not work together and the more we play all three, the more points we'll drop.

The first two goals were pathetic to lose, what Taylor was doing for the first I have no idea. Yer nae Zico son, in the Stand and defend the throw. The second, Robson caught and Considine torn apart by GMS. Langfield unlucky but woefully exposed by shambolic defending.

Considine is not a left back, it's a shame on him to be put in there. It's a problem area and the board need to get their finger out. Taylor was crap and looked worryingly Ifil esque today, even before the mistake. Goodwillie, Flood, Robson and McGinn all deserve mentions in dispatches for poor performances today.

Horrific day at the office, caused totally by poor individual errors, poor tactics and a complete lack of width, penetration and tempo in our play.

No complaints about the outcome and fair play to United, a classic away performance. I think we would be best summed up by McGinn's free kick effort from wide left of the box that ended up nearly hitting the corner flag in front of the United support. Utterly pish. Changes desperately required for Wednesday. Seething and on the verge of tears.

That free-kick from McGinn about had me pulling my hair out. I'm almost at my limit with McGinn tbh.

I left my spot in Section S and headed over to the Y in disgust till United got their third. Truthfully I'd seen enough. He was pathetic today and was in a fair few games last season.

However I've reached my limit with Flood. Runs around like a terrier job, but on the ball, his decision making is awful, his passing is terrible and he has an awful tendency to disappear in games where we need to push on and get a goal. Magic in a winning team but when behind, totally hopeless due to his clearly obvious limitations as a player both skill wise and decision making wise. Would love to see Nicky Low in beside Jack on Wednesday at Kilmarnock.

We'll disagree on that view but I think we agree when chasing a game, he's not what we require? Low needs the game time and Flood needs a solid size 9 up his arse to get him to up his performances domestically.

Niall is an enigma. Some games brilliant, most average or dire. Understand he's frustrated out wide but Del doesn't fancy him centrally and he needs to accept that and improve his quality.

I didn't think Taylor was that bad, mistake aside. Given that it's his first game for us in defence I think he did okay.[/quote**]

He was the worst player on the pitch today champ, sorry to break it to you

We'll disagree on that view but I think we agree when chasing a game, he's not what we require? Low needs the game time and Flood needs a solid size 9 up his arse to get him to up his performances domestically.

Niall is an enigma. Some games brilliant, most average or dire. Understand he's frustrated out wide but Del doesn't fancy him centrally and he needs to accept that and improve his quality.

I haven't seen a great deal of Willo for the Dons but it's pretty clear that he's not the kind of guy who needs to be bullied or cajoled into giving his all. Willo plays at 100 mph, which is exactly what's required when the opposition have the ball but is not necessarily what's required when in possession. He's never going to slow the game down and pull the strings. That's not Willo's game. Put him alongside a playmaker, in a structured team and give him a straightforward role and he's great. Put him in a struggling team and he'll run around like a demented toddler.

One thing about flood though is that he doesn't hide. When things aren't going well he still puts himself all over the pitch and gives 100%. I don't agree that he goes missing at all.

I agree it might be time to start Low though, rotate a bit. McGinn could do with some time away tae f**k.

That's part of the problem with Flood though. Even when he is playing shite, he will continue to demand every ball and make more and more shite decisions. Sometimes he might be better hiding a little!

Archived