Aberdeen vs Dundee United - 10/08/14

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfortable win for the league leaders. Aberdeen will attempt to scramble their way out of the automatic relegation place away to Kilmarnock on Wednesday.

Extremely pleasing to get the clean sheet aswell as the goals, hopefully a sign of things to come from the new defence.

Comfortable win for the league leaders. Aberdeen will attempt to scramble their way out of the automatic relegation place away to Kilmarnock on Wednesday.

Extremely pleasing to get the clean sheet aswell as the goals, hopefully a sign of things to come from the new defence.

At one point, I'm sure I heard the commentator on the radio say "United have won every ball in the air in their own box".

I struggled to believe this, fortunately Rado quickly flapped at two crosses to restore normality.

At one point, I'm sure I heard the commentator on the radio say "United have won every ball in the air in their own box".

I struggled to believe this, fortunately Rado quickly flapped at two crosses to restore normality.

Aberdeen didn't have any presence in the Utd box at all other than the scrappy stramash which they eventually hit the post with.

Unfortunately for them with that, they continued to base their game on sending it out wide and whipping it into the box (with limited success even with that).

Any note on Aberdeen getting a single shot on target btw? :huh:

Aberdeen didn't have any presence in the Utd box at all other than the scrappy stramash which they eventually hit the post with.

Unfortunately for them with that, they continued to base their game on sending it out wide and whipping it into the box (with limited success even with that).

13 shots, none on target according the BBC page.

According to the BBC stats - none.

13 shots, none on target according the BBC page.

Thought that was the case. Pretty shocking really.

United's defence looked solid whereas Aberdeen's found themselves in some pretty dodgy situations (slow to react to lost balls and numerous stray passes) where Utd should have really taken advantage with several two on twos, three on threes etc. You'll probably see for yourself tonight.

I personally don't think that Aberdeen deserved to lose by 3 goals (maybe even 2) but its a harsh lesson in taking your chances when you get them.

Archived