Hamilton vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were very poor today. Not going to hit the panic button as we did win but it was a bit alarming that we only scored 2 against Arbroath. I had high hopes for Brophy this season but he looked average.

I thought we were very poor today. Not going to hit the panic button as we did win but it was a bit alarming that we only scored 2 against Arbroath. I had high hopes for Brophy this season but he looked average.

Too early to judge Brophy, he only touched the ball about 3 times! Redmond still the player I remember, he has the eye for the killer pass which we lacked last season. Early days but we played some decent stuff at times today but we will need to step up big time for next week.

First competitive game, not bad but wasn't great, they were rusty, and seemed as if they were treating it as a friendly, all half hearted performances, I think once imrie scored that first, the team did slack off and thought that it was going to be a cake walk.

I'll wait till next week to pass any sort of judgement on the players, bottom line we're and that's all that matters.

Too early to judge Brophy, he only touched the ball about 3 times! Redmond still the player I remember, he has the eye for the killer pass which we lacked last season. Early days but we played some decent stuff at times today but we will need to step up big time for next week.

True. I just didn't really feel he had much of an impact

As always in the cup main thing is to get through albion rovers knocked out motherwell at NDP and although we were not at our best we dominated and were never in danger of losing the game.Arbroath clinical finishing scoring from there only shot on goal.

Wet game today. Hamilton deserved their win. However, much improved defensively from Arbroath. Decent effort, soaked up what Hamililton had to offer. Seemed to be better organised at the back, but no complaints. Onwards and upwards when the league campaign starts....

We never got out of first gear, Arbroath sat with 10 men behind the ball for the full game, and we must have had about 75% possession.

Thought it was a bit strange that Gillespie started at Left Back consider Hendrie has played there in the friendlies.

We'll be totally different next week and the players will try a lot harder, still think we could do with another striker though.

As always in the cup main thing is to get through albion rovers knocked out motherwell at NDP and although we were not at our best we dominated and were never in danger of losing the game.Arbroath clinical finishing scoring from there only shot on goal.

lets be honest any team that gets a 100% with attempts on goal cannot be knocked, surely :thumsup2

Archived