Away fans adult prices

How can they work out that a seat along the touchline is 'SIlver' and one behind the goals is 'Gold'. I'm aware it's the same for both sets of supporters but that doesn't make sense to me.

In short it''s because your Gold seat is far enough up to be able to see the whole field properly, far enough back to stay dry and in a stand that's less than 100 years old as opposed to being bolted on to terracing or cramped into short legroom with pillars in the way.

Home supporters can get that on the touchline in the Wheatfield but it'll probably be at "platinum" prices. If my brother is up from London for the Falkirk game then it would be £27 for him to sit next to me and dad to watch Hearts vs Falkirk from Section B so my sympathy for out-of-towners paying £23 is muted slightly

Of course given the way season ticket sales have gone I'll struggle to find him a ticket anywhere near my Dad and me so I'll probably give my seat to my brother and pay for a £23 seat in the Roseburn and watch by myself.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In short it''s because your Gold seat is far enough up to be able to see the whole field properly, far enough back to stay dry and in a stand that's less than 100 years old as opposed to being bolted on to terracing or cramped into short legroom with pillars in the way.

Home supporters can get that on the touchline in the Wheatfield but it'll probably be at "platinum" prices. If my brother is up from London for the Falkirk game then it would be £27 for him to sit next to me and dad to watch Hearts vs Falkirk from Section B so my sympathy for out-of-towners paying £23 is muted slightly

Of course given the way season ticket sales have gone I'll struggle to find him a ticket anywhere near my Dad and me so I'll probably give my seat to my brother and pay for a £23 seat in the Roseburn and watch by myself.

Topcat, this won't do. You're a Hearts fan and yet you're coming on here and discussing the issue like a grown up without insulting anyone or puffing out your own chest.

Get a grip of yourself mate.

I'm not going to defend our prices to away fans. Personally I've always thought it was quite sly sticking fans in the top tier when it is cheaper in the lower. Hopefully you are not put off and you'd probably be able to sneak a few out of date student attendees in there; we're actually quite relaxed over them.

Erm, no. Just because Jamie MacDonald had a loan spell at Queen of the South doesn't mean he is a better keeper than Neil Alexander. Alexander has more pedigree than any other goalkeeper in Scotland outside of Celtic. He has won every title in the country and has played in a UEFA Cup semi-final and final. He also has a wealth of experience at English Championship level and his distribution and ability to command his area is far, far superior to MacDonald's.

Neil Alexander? Fucking lol -

Topcat, this won't do. You're a Hearts fan and yet you're coming on here and discussing the issue like a grown up without insulting anyone or puffing out your own chest.

Get a grip of yourself mate.

Piss off you inbred bumpkin and stop telling people who support intergalactic megaclubs like the famous Heart of Midlothian to "get a grip of yourself" I'll talk sense when I fucking want to and no weirdo yokel or small town ned is going to tell me when I can and can't be reasonable and polite. I'm from the capital and I'll be rational and maintain a sense of perspective if I fucking want to you c**t

Thank you for your time, best wishes to you and yours

Yours faithfully

topcat

Piss off you inbred bumpkin and stop telling people who support intergalactic megaclubs like the famous Heart of Midlothian to "get a grip of yourself" I'll talk sense when I fucking want to and no weirdo yokel or small town ned is going to tell me when I can and can't be reasonable and polite. I'm from the capital and I'll be rational and maintain a sense of perspective if I fucking want to you c**t

Thank you for your time, best wishes to you and yours

Yours faithfully

topcat

:lol:

Does anyone know for sure £23 will be the cheapest seats available?

Hearts may decide to make the £19 seats available for away fans.

It would be a change from previous seasons if you did. Hearts away was always the biggest rip-off in the Premiership and it looks like that is going to continue to be the case in the Championship.

Serious question here, are hearts fans seriously trying to justify £23 for a first division game?

English premiership games are on a par and sometimes even cheaper, I went to a couple of Newcastle games last season, versus Arsenal,£23. Fulham £21.

Serious question here, are hearts fans seriously trying to justify £23 for a first division game?

English premiership games are on a par and sometimes even cheaper, I went to a couple of Newcastle games last season, versus Arsenal,£23. Fulham £21.

Was the stand steep though?!!

It would be a change from previous seasons if you did. Hearts away was always the biggest rip-off in the Premiership and it looks like that is going to continue to be the case in the Championship.

Not true, when Romanov first arrived for a couple of seasons the away tickets were among the very cheapest in the SPL, £15 if I remember correctly.

New regime you never know, they may just give you a seating option..

No. If you don't fancy paying £23 to watch your team at Tynecastle, don't pay it.

Our new regime will be much more receptive to fans voting with their feet than our last one, I feel.

Given that the other 3 Stands are practically sold out to Season Ticket holders it's fairly certain that for many games Home supporters will get some sections of the Roseburn stand.

If our season goes particularly well then we'll have much of the stand and some visitors won't be able to fit in just the top bit of the section(s) allocated to them. If that happens then you might be able to get one of the crap/cheap seats.

That is the most mindless argument going.

People keep using it as if it's clever.

Sorry - I'll remember to pat you on the head and faux-sympathise next time you're in whinging mode.

Archived