Motherwell vs St Mirren - 09/08/14

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yassin Moutaoukil (absolutely shite), Giles Coke (quite average, dropped out of the first team after departure of Gannon), Chris Humphreys (couldn't get a game while the superior Jim O'Brien was still at the club), Tom Hateley (another quite average player).

Apart from Yassin you have been incredibly harsh on all those players

Twardzik

Reid Ramsden McManus Hammell

Lasley Carswell

Ainsworth Law Vigurs

Sutton

Vigurs is apparently suspended, probably why he was on the bench against Betis. Going by the team that started against Betis it seems McCall moved Law wide left and played McHugh up front, probably with Saturday in mind.

Would love to see McCall use this Vigurs absence to be bold and give a chance to Erwin or Thomas, but as I've said I have a feeling it'll be McHugh which to me seems a bit of a safe, backward option to me. We know what McHugh will do, he'll run around and try and put himself about but will do so without having any profound impact on the game. Occasionally he might bundle one in but he's never going to be any more than back up. Would be disappointed to see him start on Saturday.

But apart from that minor issue, the fact we only have one fit defender and we have to decide between two iffy looking keepers I'm cautiously optimistic.

Marc "fucking" Corcoran as he is known in my house. He must have really hated Motherwell. Played out his skin everytime. Did he end up playing somewhere mental like Thailand?

Probably the greatest individual performance I've seen from a Saints player. Can't think of any others off hand anyway.

Corcoran was so frustrating. Games like that showed he clearly had skilled but you only saw it a handful of games a season. Too often he was posted missing. If someone booted him in the first five minutes the next time you'd see him was when he was being subbed an hour later. Suppose if he'd been producing it every week he'd have been nowhere near us.

Not sure where he is now - dropped down the leagues instead of going abroad. Last I knew he was at Stenny.

Steven Robb ended up in Thailand. Corcoran dropped down the leagues, and ironically seems to have become a community coach at Motherwell for a spell. Maybe he just loved playing against Motherwell!

He was at Stranraer last but hasn't played since November according to Soccerbase and seems to have a clothing company with Steven Robb.

Stu is right though, so frustrating that he'd turn up in some game and look good or not bother in others. Strange the way his career went after leaving us, I'd thought he was capable of being Championship level.

I've just realised I'm going to have to watch that strip on the first day of the season. No getting used to it on web highlights or Sportscene. Straight in there. In the flesh on the very first day. Christ.

I actually think Motherwell will be up for this after yet another shocking cup capitulation.

I've just realised I'm going to have to watch that strip on the first day of the season. No getting used to it on web highlights or Sportscene. Straight in there. In the flesh on the very first day. Christ.

I actually think Motherwell will be up for this after yet another shocking cup capitulation.

The strip just looks grey from the stands. It's not as bad as thought.

The strip just looks grey from the stands. It's not as bad as thought.

I'm 6 rows off the touch line. It'll be Jason Naismith in the first half and John McGinn in the second. Right there, in front of me, strobing like some weird wormhole in the space time continuum..

No idea what team we will play on Saturday.

From Cheesy being out for 6 weeks a week ago, he now looks set to start at the weekend. This is good news for us in the sense it allows Goodwin to move into midfield.

I guess we will look something like:

Kello

Naismith

Plummer

McAusland

Tesselaar

Goodwin

McGinn

Teale

McLean

Wylde

Ball

Although if Marwood, Brown, Kelly or Caldwell started I wouldn't surprised.

The reality of the game is that we are away from home to the second best team in the country. Motherwell are certainly favourites and a point would be a fine result for us.

I'm hoping that we'll have the majority of our regular back line fit for this. Quite a few times last season McCall 'overestimated' the number of players that might miss out games. Based on only the fact that they are forever injured, I'm just going to guess only Kerr and Ramsden will miss out. I'm going to update my team prediction to:

Neilsen

Reid Cummins McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Carswell Lasley Law

Sutton McHugh

I'm right up for this game even if not a lot of other Motherwell fans are. I'm expecting high drama, lots of goals, not an awful lot of quality and 3 points for the home side.

No idea what team we will play on Saturday.

From Cheesy being out for 6 weeks a week ago, he now looks set to start at the weekend. This is good news for us in the sense it allows Goodwin to move into midfield.

I guess we will look something like:

Kello

Naismith

Plummer

McAusland

Tesselaar

Goodwin

McGinn

Teale

McLean

Wylde

Ball

Although if Marwood, Brown, Kelly or Caldwell started I wouldn't surprised.

The reality of the game is that we are away from home to the second best team in the country. Motherwell are certainly favourites and a point would be a fine result for us.

Would be happy with that team despite the fact I've not seen Plummer play yet. Only potential change would be marwood or Caldwell in for teale.

Can't wait to see both Kenny and mcginn played in their best positions in the same game!

Am I right in saying the boy's name is Ellis Plummer?

He'll give Marley Watkins a run for his money for the most ridiculous name in the Premiership.

Goodwin has to start in midfield. Wouldn't want him as centre back as I don't think he is good enough to play there regularly.

Archived