Motherwell vs St Mirren - 09/08/14

He's had over a week since then. He's 21 and not injured, he should be able to get fit relatively quickly.

Marwood may start wide right with Wylde on the left. A 4-5-1 should look like a 4-3-3 when we are in possession with those two wide players bombing forward.

Starting with two out and out strikers would be a mistake IMO. Assuming Cheesy starts it would also mean that either Kenny or John would have to be played wide, which never seems to work. We need Goodwin, McLean and McGinn in the middle of the park.

Would imagine Ball will start but I think we'll be another few weeks away from him being fit.

Marwood on the right is what I think we'll do too but it'll depend on whether McAusland is available. Not convinced he will be, which would mean moving Goodwin back. Suppose even if that is necessary we could put Hughes or this Man City boy in.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see it. Not impossible, but feel we with be 4-2-3-1 on Saturday. I think

Kello

Naismith

Plummer

McAusland

Tesselaar

McGinn

Goodwin

Marwood

McLean

Wylde

Ball/Caldwell

That's the line up I would go with too, except possibly Kelly in for Tess.

Think it's a bit of backwards step if Tess has been brought in as first choice LB.

One of my favourites recently was Goodwins piledriver into the top corner at Fir Park. Think it was 1-1. What a finish.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/32913-17th-december-2011;-motherwell-1-stmirren-1/

That's my favourite St Mirren goal, absolutely glorious. I had the perfect view for it as well.

I only got to one pre-season game but I'm concerned about our defence and the lack of experience up front without Thompson. I don't see us taking anything.

That's the line up I would go with too, except possibly Kelly in for Tess.

Think it's a bit of backwards step if Tess has been brought in as first choice LB.

Kelly has been injured much of pre-season has he not?

I think that was the reason for the signing of Tesselaar and I'd be surprised if he doesn't start on Saturday.

Kelly has been injured much of pre-season has he not?

I think that was the reason for the signing of Tesselaar and I'd be surprised if he doesn't start on Saturday.

Saw Kelly came on from the bench for the last game, wasn't sure if it was fitness related or if Tess was now effectively the first choice LB.

I think Tess is a better LB than CB and I suppose the challenge is there for Kelly now to compete with an established player, he did have the position all to himself pretty much by default last season.

Saw Kelly came on from the bench for the last game, wasn't sure if it was fitness related or if Tess was now effectively the first choice LB.

I think Tess is a better LB than CB and I suppose the challenge is there for Kelly now to compete with an established player, he did have the position all to himself pretty much by default last season.

Kelly is effective further up the pitch too, so could be used to replace Wylde if he's tiring or having a poor game.

Lasley or Goodwin to be booked first?

I'll go for Lasley in the 52nd minute.

He'll be booked much earlier than that. The referee will be keen to show he was paying attention when he gives that first half penalty.

Everything else should come after that, almost unconditionally. As soon as Craig starts fannying around with playing any of them out of position, that's when the trouble will start.

Correct.

Kello

Goodwin McLean McGinn

Thompson

... then fill in the gaps / tactics / subs around that core. Don't fcuk with that core unless injury, suspension, World War 3, or the Ebola virus strikes.

Don't see it. Not impossible, but feel we with be 4-2-3-1 on Saturday. I think

--------------------Kello-----------------------

Naismith--Plummer--McAusland--Tesselaar

-----------McGinn------Goodwin----------

Marwood--------McLean-----------Wylde

----------------Ball/Caldwell------------

Yeah I think we'll see the 4-3-3/4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 with Kenny in behind. Just wondering if TC wants to be a bit conservative away from home on the first game.

£29 for me and my boy to get in on Saturday?

Well board need to have a wee look at this surely?

Aye and thats with the "family discount" included . Rotten pricing.

It's pretty bad. Yet I fear we'll not be the most expensive away day in the Premiership this season.

Aberdeen was £23 last time I was up. That over a year ago I think. Won't be long till the famous are charging £25. Hearts charged us £25 pay at the gate prices i'm sure.

It might only the price of a pint of a difference between some teams but its the principle for many fans. Especially as it will cost less in Paisley to watch the exact same 2 teams.

Archived