The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

David maybe should have gone for not sticking to patisserie in the final task but that showstopper from Rosie was probably the most underwhelming thing I have ever seen served up on any episode of any series of the show to this date. Overall she was a bit behind the other 3 and deserved to go IMO.

Also I find Noel Fielding to be pretty annoying as the co-presenter of the show and don’t enjoy anything him or Sandy contribute to the show. Anyone agree/disagree?

David maybe should have gone for not sticking to patisserie in the final task but that showstopper from Rosie was probably the most underwhelming thing I have ever seen served up on any episode of any series of the show to this date. Overall she was a bit behind the other 3 and deserved to go IMO.

Also I find Noel Fielding to be pretty annoying as the co-presenter of the show and don’t enjoy anything him or Sandy contribute to the show. Anyone agree/disagree?

I love Noel.

And I like sandy too.

For the first time since it started I totally warmed to Rosie. She's obviously weak on social skills but she was so up against it in the technical and yet she dug deep and ended up winning it.

Steph seemed to have a wee dig about 'it doesn't look like she has anything to panic about'. I got the impression Rosie was (and probably always is) a bit of an outsider.

But she pulled herself together brilliantly after having two failed attempts at making the stuff. That showed character. And now I actually like her she's gone.

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

Disagree. Noel and Sandi are great.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

Steph is probably the best baker to ever be on the shoe, I’d imagine she’d win if there was a champions league series coming up later this year.

This has been a relatively weak series and Steph is the best of a bad bunch. Last 16 contender at best using your Champions' League analogy.

21 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Disagree. Noel and Sandi are great.

This has been a relatively weak series and Steph is the best of a bad bunch. Last 16 contender at best using your Champions' League analogy.

Agree with both points, Noel and Sandi are brilliant, also really like Pru, I think the move to Channel 4 has worked out well.

As for the standard rgis year, I thinks it's been pretty poor and when I think of some of the other years there were bakers every bit as good as Steph didnt win it. 

Guest Moomintroll
Snork Maiden makes me watch this but it is really a guilty pleasure for me, Noel & Sandi on paper really shouldn't work but they do & they are my favourite part of the show.

Agree with both points, Noel and Sandi are brilliant, also really like Pru, I think the move to Channel 4 has worked out well.
As for the standard rgis year, I thinks it's been pretty poor and when I think of some of the other years there were bakers every bit as good as Steph didnt win it. 

The standard is about the same as every year with some very good bakers, some that are hot or cold and some that are just not very good. Steph has been consistent right through the show, probably quite similar to Nadia and Rahul last year. Alice has become a dark horse with a few very good performances recently and David has pretty much been a case of always the bridesmaid never the bride. Compare it to last years final of Rahul, Kim Joy and Ruby I would say this years finalists are on par with them. Maybe the technical challenges haven’t been as good this year, maybe they have been harder but to say the standard has been poorer this year needs to be backed up with a bit of evidence.

I just don’t find Noel funny and don’t think he’s a particularly good addition to the show. He constantly lurks about with his gangly, eccentric “what am I like” kind of charm when around the bakers when they’re in the middle of their tasks which looks like it’s quite off putting when they’re trying to concentrate on something so serious. Last night he was hanging about Steph when she was trying to select the most attractive balls for her technical challenge and his input was like “oh he looks good but he looks a little wounded” it was just utter cringe. The gag with the exploding Pringles box was equally irritating, I don’t think it actually happened in the tent in front of the contestants but it was made to look like it was before Sandy turned round telling them they had half an hour left to finish their showstopper. Do you not think that pulling this sort of gag in front of people at such a late stage of the competition is incredibly off putting for them?

It’s more of a PTTGOYN but I’d rather see presenters that take the show more seriously, Noel Edmonds, Gary Neville or James O’Brien would be good replacements.

I didn't really like Noel Fielding before and I was pretty sure the show would struggle to last more than a couple of series on Channel 4 with him and Sandi (who completely butchered the 15 to 1 reboot), but they have both been really great. I think it's better on Channel 4 than it was on the BBC, even with the constant adverts.

Also, delighted to see Rosie go this week, purely because she hates rabbits. f**k her.

Edited by craigkillie

Holy f**k throbber, that might be the worst suggestion in the history of p&b.

Gary fucking linekar?

It's fucking baking. It's light entertainment. And also to call Adobe of them shit bakers is miles off. They're all very good bakers otherwise they wouldn't be on the show. They sometimes perform badly but that's very different.

On 24/10/2019 at 08:03, throbber said:

The standard is about the same as every year with some very good bakers, some that are hot or cold and some that are just not very good. Steph has been consistent right through the show, probably quite similar to Nadia and Rahul last year. Alice has become a dark horse with a few very good performances recently and David has pretty much been a case of always the bridesmaid never the bride. Compare it to last years final of Rahul, Kim Joy and Ruby I would say this years finalists are on par with them. Maybe the technical challenges haven’t been as good this year, maybe they have been harder but to say the standard has been poorer this year needs to be backed up with a bit of evidence.

I just don’t find Noel funny and don’t think he’s a particularly good addition to the show. He constantly lurks about with his gangly, eccentric “what am I like” kind of charm when around the bakers when they’re in the middle of their tasks which looks like it’s quite off putting when they’re trying to concentrate on something so serious. Last night he was hanging about Steph when she was trying to select the most attractive balls for her technical challenge and his input was like “oh he looks good but he looks a little wounded” it was just utter cringe. The gag with the exploding Pringles box was equally irritating, I don’t think it actually happened in the tent in front of the contestants but it was made to look like it was before Sandy turned round telling them they had half an hour left to finish their showstopper. Do you not think that pulling this sort of gag in front of people at such a late stage of the competition is incredibly off putting for them?

It’s more of a PTTGOYN but I’d rather see presenters that take the show more seriously, Noel Edmonds, Gary Neville or James O’Brien would be good replacements.

You'd prefer Noel Edmonds as you think he would take it more seriously?  :lol: 

Sandi with a completely inappropriate comment to Steph linking a childhood trauma with the task at hand today by saying “it would be just like dropping your showstopper on the floor” was nothing short of a disgrace and has clearly made Steph fall to pieces in the technical. Seeing the look of despair in Stephs face is truly upsetting to see as well.