Bauer Radio Deal

Bauer Radio, the owners of Clyde, Forth, Tay, Northsound and MFR have signed a deal with the SPFL to bring live commentaries back to these stations.

And they'll be regionalised - so the Dundee clubs and St Johnstone on Tay, Aberdeen on Northsound and Inverness/Ross County on MFR (and Hearts/Hibs on Forth but that's not relevant on this board).

For those of us in "Tay Territory", this means a return for Murray McGregor and Dick Donnelly commentating on Dundee, Utd or St Johnstone.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bauer Radio, the owners of Clyde, Forth, Tay, Northsound and MFR have signed a deal with the SPFL to bring live commentaries back to these stations.

And they'll be regionalised - so the Dundee clubs and St Johnstone on Tay, Aberdeen on Northsound and Inverness/Ross County on MFR (and Hearts/Hibs on Forth but that's not relevant on this board).

For those of us in "Tay Territory", this means a return for Murray McGregor and Dick Donnelly commentating on Dundee, Utd or St Johnstone.

West FM too, which should mean Kilmarnock games.

Is this not old news?

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-50/

The above relates to the 2013/14 campaign.

The goal flashes were a waste of time and resources, I thought.

I missed listening to it for the Ross County games I couldn't get to. I had the privilege of co-commentating on a couple of Ross County games at the end of 2012-13, which was genuinely one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done. I doubt I'll get the chance again but would be listening to it anyway.

I'm sure Radio Clyde will take this opportunity to cover Motherwell, Hamilton, Partick Thistle and St Mirren games :rolleyes:.

If we're all playing at the same time (Plus the Ugly sisters) I don't see how our games will ever get commentary. :(

Can only be good, especially since the BBC stopped covering all the games, and switched to that open all mice and 1 game.

It was a disgraceful decision by BBC. Pro rata spending on football coverage compared to England is already tiny, the axing of online live coverage of all the (then SPL) games showed even further contempt by our 'national broadcaster'.

PS in addition to your 'open all mice' my ipad tried to auto correct 'pro rata' to 'pro rats'. It's a rodent takeover. :unsure:

While some people seem to give it a lot of stick I genuinely enjoy radio Scotland's football coverage on a Saturday. OTB then open all mics beats any other football radio service I have listened to. Think Richard Gordon is excellent at chairing the programme as well. I won't be tuning in to Tay FM as an alternative.

Archived