Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

No matter what MJ or Lachlan say, and whether the cup is on the line or not, any Killie v Ayr game is in the Ayrshire Cup as far as I'm concerned. Nice to see that you're struggling to think of a great moment against us though, so you're reliant on pedantry.

_1590257_ayrcelebrate300.jpg

prunty_682x400_716069a.jpg

Image_01_jpg.jpg

_45390548_williams282.jpg

16589258.JPG

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gloating about an equaliser in a game which actually made no difference because you lost anyway Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

Gloating about a cheated goal in a game you lost 3-1 against 10 menpicard-facepalmedit.jpg

You only managed 2 goals against Damien rasclejesusfacepalm.jpg

Asked for memories, nobodys gloating.

Don't let that stop you but.

do you really consider them great memories? Must be tough being an Ayr fan.

Sorry are you thick or something, we're talking about memories of Ayr Killie games. Give us a laugh and lets hear yours.

Extra time winner against a part time team, having to knock a third tier team out after a replay.

#memories

Sorry are you thick or something, we're talking about memories of Ayr Killie games. Give us a laugh and lets hear yours.

Extra time winner against a part time team, having to knock a third tier team out after a replay.

#memories

touchy aren't we? It's 'great' memories unfortunately there aren't too many I can recall as Ayr are so bad that we barely play them and I was born after they were considered 'relevant'. Although I would consider a hard fought win over a stubborn team parking the bus to be a greater memory than a few consolation goals. More of my great memories are against teams like Celtic, rangers (rip) falkirk, hope that helps.

#memories

:lol:

17071736.JPG

dCEzTrP.gif

touchy aren't we? It's 'great' memories unfortunately there aren't too many I can recall as Ayr are so bad that we barely play them and I was born after Ayr were considered 'relevant'. Although I would consider a hard fought win over a stubborn team parking the bus to be a greater memory than a few consolation goals. More of my great memories are against teams like Celtic, rangers (rip) falkirk, hope that helps.

Nope, still not grasping the concept.

Fully aware you will have other memories following killie.

30th October, 1976 (if memory serves, and agrees with Google). Even Ronnie Sheed got one! Hat-trick for yer man Fallis.

This was actually in the top flight - There must be a whole generation of A*r fans for whom that is just an unattainable dream. Bless 'em. :)

Killie fans have the most to worry about on Tuesday night ....losing to a part-time team 2 divisions below them is unthinkable ;)

Not that Killie have a past record of being pumped in cup games by lower league teams ....eh ??

Ayr have nothing to lose and I am sure all the Honest Men on Tuesday will back the team from start to finish no matter what the score is !!

Mon the Ayr :thumsup2

Killie fans have the most to worry about on Tuesday night ....losing to a part-time team 2 divisions below them is unthinkable ;)

Not that Killie have a past record of being pumped in cup games by lower league teams ....eh ??

Ayr have nothing to lose and I am sure all the Honest Men on Tuesday will back the team from start to finish no matter what the score is !!

Mon the Ayr :thumsup2

The whole point of Tuesday is to go along and slag off the DKBs. Everything that happens on the plastic carpet is completely and utterly irrelevant. It could be 30-0. No Ayr supporter believes for 1 second that we stand a chance of an upset. Not one. Not even Boab de la Somerset

post-9168-14089211241823_thumb.jpg

The whole point of Tuesday is to go along and slag off the DKBs. Everything that happens on the plastic carpet is completely and utterly irrelevant. It could be 30-0. No Ayr supporter believes for 1 second that we stand a chance of an upset. Not one. Not even Boab de la Somerset

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1408921125.914937.jpg

Have some faith ffs.......pity its played to a finish ;)

On the point of greatest ever memories in the derby, mine are scarce and littered with disappointment.

My 'career' stretches 20 years and yet I remember only too well the piss poor record we have against them with the two Scots Cup games in 98 and 99, Innes' penalty miss and even an Ayrshire Cup game where we led 2-0 only to lose on penalties. I've never seen us win at Somerset, I've seen us lose at Rugby Park and I've witnessed some really horrible defeats but I console myself by remembering we've won two trophies in that time.

Two trophies, 20 years in the top league, European nights at Rugby Park. It's a well worn thread in these debates that Ayr have upset us on more than one occasion but when it comes down to it I'd accept those defeats in order to have witnessed some of our finest moments. Monty lifting the Scottish Cup, Bagan scoring v Reijkavic, tales and friendship with Kaiserslautern and Djorkaeff in his prime gracing the hallowed grass...

Stories of a chipped penalty may cheer you up when you're playing East Fife and Forfar four times a season but the chance to beat Celtic at Hampden to lift a major trophy, any trophy for that matter, are realities that Ayr fans can only dream of.

Let Ayr have their moments, Killie have shown over many a year that they are the greatest side in Ayrshire and long may that continue.

Until that game at Hampden I might have felt that Killie had let me down in derbies, I might have felt that a superior side had fallen short too many times. That game changed it all. Ayr treated us like Brazil and only inspired defending stopped a humiliating rout. They showed us they felt inferior and that is my greatest memory. The chance they had to ruin every song they'll hear on Tuesday, to show us they were deserving of their place on the same pitch as us and they bottled it.

As the flag read

Forever In Our Shadow.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1408921125.914937.jpg

Totally right!!

On the point of greatest ever memories in the derby, mine are scarce and littered with disappointment.

My 'career' stretches 20 years and yet I remember only too well the piss poor record we have against them with the two Scots Cup games in 98 and 99, Innes' penalty miss and even an Ayrshire Cup game where we led 2-0 only to lose on penalties. I've never seen us win at Somerset, I've seen us lose at Rugby Park and I've witnessed some really horrible defeats but I console myself by remembering we've won two trophies in that time.

Two trophies, 20 years in the top league, European nights at Rugby Park. It's a well worn thread in these debates that Ayr have upset us on more than one occasion but when it comes down to it I'd accept those defeats in order to have witnessed some of our finest moments. Monty lifting the Scottish Cup, Bagan scoring v Reijkavic, tales and friendship with Kaiserslautern and Djorkaeff in his prime gracing the hallowed grass...

Stories of a chipped penalty may cheer you up when you're playing East Fife and Forfar four times a season but the chance to beat Celtic at Hampden to lift a major trophy, any trophy for that matter, are realities that Ayr fans can only dream of.

Let Ayr have their moments, Killie have shown over many a year that they are the greatest side in Ayrshire and long may that continue.

Until that game at Hampden I might have felt that Killie had let me down in derbies, I might have felt that a superior side had fallen short too many times. That game changed it all. Ayr treated us like Brazil and only inspired defending stopped a humiliating rout. They showed us they felt inferior and that is my greatest memory. The chance they had to ruin every song they'll hear on Tuesday, to show us they were deserving of their place on the same pitch as us and they bottled it.

As the flag read

Forever In Our Shadow.

racking up big debts whilst enjoying it and we were paying our bills and thats why we are where we are

Archived