Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

Apparently (not seen it myself) my pal Big Lachlan has stated that if we take 2,000+ supporters to the match he'll donate £10,000 to the player fund. Now this player fund has been going for a wee while and we still haven't managed to sign anyone worth talking about.

However, our surprising start to the league campaign might, just might, persuade a few more supporters to go to the game than initially were planning to given our recent results.

I do feel however, that even though we've done well so far, a game against a team from the top division in the country, regardless of how sh1te they have started the season, is a step too far for our young squad. However, I live in hope and you never know what could happen on the night.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently (not seen it myself) my pal Big Lachlan has stated that if we take 2,000+ supporters to the match he'll donate £10,000 to the player fund. Now this player fund has been going for a wee while and we still haven't managed to sign anyone worth talking about.

However, our surprising start to the league campaign might, just might, persuade a few more supporters to go to the game than initially were planning to given our recent results.

I do feel however, that even though we've done well so far, a game against a team from the top division in the country, regardless of how sh1te they have started the season, is a step too far for our young squad. However, I live in hope and you never know what could happen on the night.

It's on the Ayr 'fishal site. Sounds like top-notch blackmail from Mr Cameron though. Sell 2000 tickets at £20 a skull = £40000, ÷ 2 and that's £20000 heading to Somerset before you even include Kilmarnock tickets. £10k seems a small price to pay when you look at the amount he's likely to pocket (obviously I realise there will be some concessions included, but that's a rough idea).

Maybe Lachlan should be investing money into the squad no matter what, instead of blackmailing loyal supporters that have been through enough in recent times.

It's on the Ayr 'fishal site. Sounds like top-notch blackmail from Mr Cameron though. Sell 2000 tickets at £20 a skull = £40000, ÷ 2 and that's £20000 heading to Somerset before you even include Kilmarnock tickets. £10k seems a small price to pay when you look at the amount he's likely to pocket (obviously I realise there will be some concessions included, but that's a rough idea).

Maybe Lachlan should be investing money into the squad no matter what, instead of blackmailing loyal supporters that have been through enough in recent times.

Complete blackmail & yes he should be donating money to the player fund regardless, but we all know he won't do that. I also loved the dig at MJ from him, trying to take the dark cloud away from above his head and having wee digs at our nearest rivals chairman. However, he has no one fooled (well not me anyway).

Aiming to sell as many as 2,000 tickets seemed optimistic from the beginning. We took 1,254 to the League Cup quarter final vs St Mirren in 2011 and I'm not convinced that this game is much, if any, more of a draw for the casual fan than that one was.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this, and for all I know every Ayr fan who's going to the game on Saturday is waiting until then to buy their ticket, but I'll be really surprised if we take as many as 2,000. I'll be content with anything from 1,200 up.

Complete blackmail & yes he should be donating money to the player fund regardless, but we all know he won't do that. I also loved the dig at MJ from him, trying to take the dark cloud away from above his head and having wee digs at our nearest rivals chairman. However, he has no one fooled (well not me anyway).

Two famous old clubs, saddled with absolute throbbers in charge. I feel for Ayr, as at least Killie are seeing a way out of MJ's vice, but as far as I can read (forgive me if I'm wrong) Lachlan doesn't look like vacating any time soon. I said earlier in the thread that Mr Cameron was playing classic political moves here, and trying to gain some leeway with his supporters. I'm glad to see that most fans aren't buying it.

I long for the day when Killie v Ayr matches aren't consigned to the Domestic Cup Forum, and we can force the Premiership forum to listen to our bitchin'. Maybe sooner rather than later, we can have two clubs with two decent owners who try their best to appease their supporters and move their club upwards.

Went in for mine today and the woman at the desk said sales were steady. Think they are expecting Saturday and the open day on Sunday to be busy. Fwiw I don't think we will reach the 2000. Probably about 1500.

It makes me laugh though when we are dissatisfied with these figures. When I started going to Somerset(early eighties) I don't think the crowds were particularly good for the derby games. It only really picked up after the neerday 4-1 game, that was the first one I remember being a big crowd anyway.

Sadly I don't think league games will be a regular occurrence for a while, unless killie drop a few leagues!

I hope all the banter and wind ups are reproduced on the hallowed carpet next Tuesday

Roberts to pretend he's upset at defeat Ngoo to be pilloried by the cave dwellers who inhabit Smiths and the A&r fans to get a comfy seat for a change

What, you put new seats in with adequate legroom?

I hope all the banter and wind ups are reproduced on the hallowed carpet next Tuesday

Roberts to pretend he's upset at defeat Ngoo to be pilloried by the cave dwellers who inhabit Smiths and the A&r fans to get a comfy seat for a change

We will no be sitting that's for sure !! :thumsup2

Remember when you were promised a couple of wonder signings before the League Cup Semi-Final only for you to get two teenage loan signings from Blackpool?

Remember when you were promised a couple of wonder signings before the League Cup Semi-Final only for you to get two teenage loan signings from Blackpool?

Ha ha

It only makes it worse that those lads were two of our best players that season. :bag

Archived