Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen - 13/08/14

Aberdeen have had a very impressive pre-season, but we'll get a better idea of their domestic chances today (Sunday) and against us on Wednesday.

Most Killie fans were impressed by their performance at Dens, and the majority of new additions (Obadeyi aside) all look like upgrades from last term. We'll never be able to replace Boyd, but this side is a far harder working and fluid team. We finally have a proper left-back (REJOICE!) and an impressive centre-back (WHIT?!) and that will help us a lot this term. Chantler in particular being everything that Tesselaar wasn't.

Barbour was shaky against Dundee, so would we drop Hamill to right-back and leave Pascali in midfield? I'd say so. The other question would be whether to drop Ashcroft, bring in Clingan in midfield and move Pascali into defence. Personally I'd drop Paska as I think he was poor again yesterday, but I can't see Johnston doing that. It might be a week too early for Clingan to start after recovering from injury, which will swing the decision probably:

Samson

Hamill Ashcroft Connolly Chantler

Pascali Slater

McKenzie Cairney

Johnston

Magennis

...is how I'd set-up. Get Obadeyi tae f**k and give Cairney a chance. Looking forward to seeing is on our fancy new park too. Passing fitba' too! It'll never catch on...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some sweeping statements there, based on one game,QLP. Wasn't Obadeyi fairly good in pre-season?

A left-back is indeed good news, mind.

As for replacing Boyd, there's a bit of me that feels we got the last best out of him last season, and we never thought we'd replace Bourke, Wright, Morrison, etc. either.

Some sweeping statements there, based on one game,QLP.

I don't think any are 'sweeping statements'. Chantler was very impressive and everything coming out of Carlisle says that he was a star there, so no reason to think he won't be better than Tesselaar. Connolly was silly at the penalty yesterday, but looks far more composed than any centre-back we've had for a while.

Wasn't Obadeyi fairly good in pre-season?

He really wasn't. Scored a cracker against Morecambe but that's about it. That's the third time I've seen him now, and I've never seen a player trip over his own feet and mess up moves more than he does. Cairney should be a stick on to play if that's his competition.

Paska and Barbour were horrible yesterday Harkins made a full of them the full day McGowan as well

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Agree completely, Barbour looks completely out his depth. If he was a loan player or not one of our youth prospects then he'd have been hounded out of the club by now.

As for Pascali, you're risking the wrath of the Paska fan-boys if you dare slate him...

Agree completely, Barbour looks completely out his depth. If he was a loan player or not one of our youth prospects then he'd have been hounded out of the club by now.

As for Pascali, you're risking the wrath of the Paska fan-boys if you dare slate him...

Fair comment on Obadeyi - I've not seen him, and I'm beginning to think I don't want to. As for Pasca, the same applies as does to Boyd - time isn't a friend, and if he's not performing then he shouldn't be playing. Please don't let it be Invincibile all over again - if he's no longer contributing, don't pick him.

I would be tempted to move to a 4-3-3 to match up with Aberdeen's midfield. Get Obadeyi dropped, and also ditch Magennis for Miller if he's fit (though I doubt he will be since he didn't even make the bench yesterday). Hamill is a certainty to come in, and if Clingan is fit then he should come in for Pascali or Barbour too.

No Anderson for this one either as his knees are not up to playing on plastic pitch apparently but Hayes will be back. Team will need to be a whole lot better than today. Would put Clark Robertson to left back and Considine into the middle for Taylor. Rooney to start up front. Cannot make the game due to our countries excellent public transport system so going to miss us starting Killie's over due return to 1st division with a 2-0 win.

I'm taking umbrage at the passing machine tag unless it's ironic and I'm being wooshed.

Long ball blooter merchants I'm afraid as reflected in the possession stats from Saturday. Well organised though and resolute defensively.

Agree with the above though, miller could make your season if he performs as he did for hearts. If he plays like he did for Aberdeen tho....

Archived