Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen - 13/08/14

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result on the back of a bad one.

So we'll be due a bad one next. That's how it works.

St. Johnstone looked decent against Celtic and they'll be glad to know we won't have the ref on our side.

Long time to wait though due to the stupid decision to postpone the St. Mirren game.

Having seen it in action last night, there can be no concerns whatsoever about our pitch. Looks like a carpet, and at no point did I see anything that suggested it played different to grass. I noticed black crumbs kicking up when Samson gave it a good feckin' hoof at one point, and other than that you would have completely forgotten it wasn't grass. Beautiful.

I was encouraged by the fact that we look ready to try and play some football this season, and thought we looked okay until conceding our second. After that it just began to frustrate me - we really needed to score, and it just drew sharper into focus the fact that we're not going to do that this season. The boy Magennis could have run about until lunchtime today and not scored. Obadeyi didn't look much better. We're really going to have to pin all our hopes on Eremenko getting fit and whipping them into shape, Sammon-style, by putting balls on their bootlaces for them.

It was far more even than I thought it would be. Aberdeen got their two goals from arguably their two best chances, and other than that didn't do much to threaten us - a couple of chances late on when we were pushing apart. They certainly don't look a side that are going to finish second, although it's early days yet.

I'm hopeful we'll be better once we have Clingan and Eremenko starting. I hear we're in for another striker, supposedly Ngoo (ex-Hearts), which doesn't fill me with great confidence.

You'll say that a lot about BigWilf (Magennis).

Sometimes he's an absolute hand-full and sometimes he seems lost.

I've always maintained that there is a good player in there, but nobody seems to have been able to properly harness his potential.

I really hope he does well. A more like-able player you couldn't find.

Yours

aDONis

Granted I've only seen highlights and listened on the radio of the last two matches but Taylor looks like he could be a liability.

Hope I'm wrong, anybody that was there last night got anything good to say of him?

Anyways a good result send now a bit of a break. Hopefully the team come back ready to build some momentum.

Taylor was a floppy haired liability for you who spent most of his time asking the ref to book players in what was not a dirty game - poor show. Hayes was prob worst Aberdeen player after Taylor, standouts for you were flood, pawlett and rooney who although did not show much pulled our defence all over the place creating space for midfield runners

Granted I've only seen highlights and listened on the radio of the last two matches but Taylor looks like he could be a liability.

Hope I'm wrong, anybody that was there last night got anything good to say of him?

Anyways a good result send now a bit of a break. Hopefully the team come back ready to build some momentum.

He was shite against utd herd he was better last night so will see reckon anderson will play the next game

Having seen it in action last night, there can be no concerns whatsoever about our pitch. Looks like a carpet, and at no point did I see anything that suggested it played different to grass. I noticed black crumbs kicking up when Samson gave it a good feckin' hoof at one point, and other than that you would have completely forgotten it wasn't grass. Beautiful.

Our manager never ever criticised the pitch although the media kept asking him about it redtv interviews. Thought it looked fast when you passed it on the deck but in the air the bounce seem to hold up a bit.

Thought it was a dreadful game in the first half and again Aberdeen didn't look that great. The goal just on half time helped us a lot and we played a lot better in the 2nd half and never looked in any danger.

Wasn't that impressed with Taylor has a bit of Zander Diamond about him but think he will be our back up to Anderson and Reynolds.

Archived