Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen - 13/08/14

We should be getting a lift from our Euro performances, so disappointing is an inadequate word for today and anything less than 3 in this game would be a major humbling. Not going to make a prediction.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee fans really can't get over the fact they were unable to beat one of the worst teams in the league, bless.

Few points -

A) happy with a point & performance on the first day. Like it or not it was a fairly even 1st half and a rampant second half Dundee performance.

B) Killie will not be the worst team in the league by a long chalk - the CH and LB seem to have made a good difference to your defence. If you can get Eremenko fit he is obviously different gravy but I don't think many Killie fans will disagree he wasn't at it on sat and was fatter than the dominant Gary Harkins.

C) none of this changes the fact that (Johnston aside - Cracking wee player) your team resorted to agricultural long ball tactics on the rare occasions you had the ball. Nothing wrong with it - play to your strengths and all that - we were screaming out for a target man in the closing stages to try and get the ball up top and to stick as quickly as possible (or legitimate pacy wide men - basically a different approach)

Keep deflecting though - of course Kilmarnock are a passing machine.

We should be getting a lift from our Euro performances, so disappointing is an inadequate word for today and anything less than 3 in this game would be a major humbling. Not going to make a prediction.

That's what's worrying me. The Dons didn't look bad against decent Spanish opposition, then go down by three to Dundee United at home. Not sure what kind of form line we're supposed to draw through that, but it doesn't bode well for us on Wednesday.

Not over-confident, but it's early season, and anything can happen. Fuxake, that newly promoted mob nearly took a point off the Jambos yesterday!

Josh for a hatrick ?

He's almost guaranteed 1. Lee Miller as well so we need to score 3 to win. (noticed he wasn't playing. Is he injured?)

2 defeats in a row would be a shocker of a start so hopefully we can bounce back. McInnes will look to freshen up the team unless his tiredness comments were just an excuse for a poor performance.

Hayes and Anderson back in and I hope Robson and/or Flood are 'rested'.

We could do with a win but reckon it'll be draw.

That's what's worrying me. The Dons didn't look bad against decent Spanish opposition, then go down by three to Dundee United at home. Not sure what kind of form line we're supposed to draw through that, but it doesn't bode well for us on Wednesday.

United >>>> Sociedad >>> Aberdeen/Killie/Dundee.

McInnes complained of tiredness in the team on Sunday, following Thursdays exertions, so not sure we can expect it to be much different here just three more days later unless there are a few changes.

Normally I'm more confident in us away from home; and our only game on an artificial pitch last season was a 5-0 scudding of Falkirk in the LC, when our youngsters such as Smith and Low were outstanding.

However, due to circumstances and timing, and McInnes' reluctance to change the team too much, I think this will end in a low-scoring draw.

Saw someone say on twitter that Kilmarnock have a plastic pitch now (thought they weren't allowed in the SPL, shows how little attention I pay), which is a bit concerning. Didn't Fyvie get a long-term injury due to one of these death traps?

Saw someone say on twitter that Kilmarnock have a plastic pitch now (thought they weren't allowed in the SPL, shows how little attention I pay), which is a bit concerning. Didn't Fyvie get a long-term injury due to one of these death traps?

You mean a death trap like the one at Falkirk where you won 5-0

Archived