Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen - 13/08/14

What are you doing posting in a killie thread eh, eh??? :)

I understand the financial arguments and for Annan, Alloa, even Falkirk it makes sense. As a first principal I would much rather as many games as possible went ahead even if at the cost of a "level playing field". Which at the lower end of the league structure is allowable. Just pretty shabby and lacking in respect for a top flight side to do it.

Although i appreciate being the third force in your own town does make life hard on you guys, so maybe it would be better you toddle off down to the lower leagues where your club, attendances, and now surface would seem most at home. And take those smurn no-marks with you.

Anyway, thanks for the ready made excuse for tonights performance disaster. I hope none of our stars get injured and i hope all of yours have the skint-est knees and arses in history by November

Fancy seeing you here! (sarky bastárd ;))

I'd love to have a grass pitch, but I really don't think it's viable now that you don't get enough natural light on the RP pitch. Maybe take the roof and half the height off the Moffat, and make that the away end? (Your lot aren't due back until April, so the weather shouldn't be a problem for you)

If you want to ease your pain (and I understand most Dandies would be happy with a point), Killie are readily available at 3/1 with most reputable bookmakers. And a few dodgy ones.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magennis' main strength seemed to be surprising the defence (not to mention the fans, other players and probably himself) into doing something stupid so he somehow had the ball in a great position and would occasionally do something good with it.

I'm hoping our defenders will know what to expect.

What are you doing posting in a killie thread eh, eh??? :)

I understand the financial arguments and for Annan, Alloa, even Falkirk it makes sense. As a first principal I would much rather as many games as possible went ahead even if at the cost of a "level playing field". Which at the lower end of the league structure is allowable. Just pretty shabby and lacking in respect for a top flight side to do it.

Although i appreciate being the third force in your own town does make life hard on you guys, so maybe it would be better you toddle off down to the lower leagues where your club, attendances, and now surface would seem most at home. And take those smurn no-marks with you.

Anyway, thanks for the ready made excuse for tonights performance disaster. I hope none of our stars get injured and i hope all of yours have the skint-est knees and arses in history by November

Going by your crowds over past decade you are third force in your city.

A bigger percentage of killie supports killie than the natives of Aberdeen support the dons. And that's with no competition for 80 miles.

It would surprise you the sheer number of people who live here that aren't native Aberdonians and as such, don't care for the fitba team.

Kilmarnock is only half an hour longer drive from Aberdeen than Dingwall. It's not close.

It's not mate. I done both drives a few times. Probably just over an hour of a difference.

Not even a club v club argument for me or a biggest support pissing contest I just don't see the need to not take fans into account when fixtures are sorted.

Let's face it, they used to doctor fixtures so Celtic and Oldco couldn't meet at particular times so why not try to be fan friendly???

You guys v Well tonight, us in Dundee and mibbees a Highland and Tayside derby?

By the time they tried to do that for every midweek fixture and every set of festive games they'd have run out of matches. Clubs in a national league occasionally have to play midweek matches that involve long journeys. They always have. Deal with it.

We'd all love to have bowling-green surfaces year round. I'm sure Pittodrie looks like a snooker table come February.

Killie used to have one of, if not the best playing surfaces in the country*. A combination of having to fit USH and the larger new stands casting much more shade on the pitch** ruined that, giving us the undeniably poor pitch of recent years. Blaming the groundsmen is simplistic and unwaranted - they can only do their best in the circumstances.

*Those of us of a certain age will remember times we had BBC and STV cameras at RP to film for their Saturday night/Sunday afternoon highlights programmes - simply because there were no other games on.

** Especially at the old Johnnie Walker End.

It will.

By the time they tried to do that for every midweek fixture and every set of festive games they'd have run out of matches. Clubs in a national league occasionally have to play midweek matches that involve long journeys. They always have. Deal with it.

That'll be why Killie take one bus and 4 cars to Pittodrie on a Saturday. Same midweek minus the bus.

#BanterLAD

Yip, I know. Walked into that. Touché' and all that.

I would have considered tonight's fixture had it been a Saturday and I'm sure I'm not alone but midweek? Nah.

Same for Killie lads if they were off to Aberdeen or Inverness mid week.

There aren't that many mid week games over a season so as a fan who does go to games I reckon if I have to live with it why not live with it less?

Archived