The Sevco v Falkirk

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was disappointing from Rangers. Unacceptable.

Falkirk were by far the better team...... for 75 minutes.

When Clark and Aird came on they made a massive difference. Although, Falkirk did seem to crumble also. They were playing some excellent football and then just fell apart. Sure, the first goal was lucky but from then onwards Rangers created a lot of chances to score.

Happy to get the three points in the end but if Rangers continue to play as bad as they have been they'll drop points regularly. The team needs to improve.

Credit to Falkirk though, and nearly 7000 fans for a match on a Friday. Impressive. Hopefully they play as well against Hibs and Hearts as they did today against Rangers. If they do, they have a great chance of winning. :) Easily our toughest opponent from the first three matches.

Boaking but we have seen it all before. However in my 40+ years I have never seen Falkirk dominate Rangers for so long. Bell with two wonderful saves, Falkirk with a host of missed opportunities and a fluke opening goal summaries the night.

Boaking but we have seen it all before. However in my 40+ years I have never seen Falkirk dominate Rangers for so long. Bell with two wonderful saves, Falkirk with a host of missed opportunities and a fluke opening goal summaries the night.

I have, the game just before the Ibrox Disaster. we won that though.

After reading some of the comments from the Falkirk supporters pre match i was getting quite confident. I think they either underestimated their team or didn't realise just how poor Rangers really are. They were the better team for large chunks of the game although they didn't create that many genuine goal scoring oppotunities. They need to be a lot sharper upfront and with their final ball. Big Mohsni was doing his best to help them along and actually created their most clear cut chance when he set Cooper up but he hesitated and let the big Algerian back in to clear for a corner. After that their best chance came from a free kick needlessly conceded on the edge of the box by a clumsy challenge by Mohsni...Decent save from Bell but one you would expect him to make.

Falkirk will feel hard done by but if you don't take your chances when you're on top then you leave yourself open to the sucker punch. Rangers were the same last week against Hearts. It is a cruel game sometimes but i am sure their players will take confidence from the performance.

As for Rangers. I just hope the flattering scoreline does not fool anybody. Yet again they were abysmal. Bell,Wallace(just),Aird and Clark are the only players to get pass marks. The team has no cohesion..There is no shape to the team..they look devoid of ideas..They actually look like 11 individuals thrown together to make up a team.

I see McLeod getting some stick. He is a young central midfield player playing outwide with a youngish centre back playing as a full back as support down the right. Our goal came from Aird going down the right...a wee bit of direct running down their left ...cutting inside to find McLeod in his more natural position. OK there was an element of luck about the goal but it was one of our first shots on target!!!

McCoist just hasn't got it and he was incredibly lucky tonight. The 2 central midfield players at no time looked like dominating the middle of the park. Far from it!! Mohsni was embarrassing and looked like Falkirks best chance of a goal all night. He cant be allowed to go on like this. OK i admit he was great entertainment at times last season and his antics at times left you with a smile on your face. The thing is it isn't funny anymore and we need to be at our best more or less every week this season. He is not the best option for the centre of defence. He is not half the player some of the support think he is and he isn't 100th of the player he thinks he is!!

Archived