The Sevco v Falkirk

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCoist just hasn't got it and he was incredibly lucky tonight. The 2 central midfield players at no time looked like dominating the middle of the park. Far from it!! Mohsni was embarrassing and looked like Falkirks best chance of a goal all night. He cant be allowed to go on like this. OK i admit he was great entertainment at times last season and his antics at times left you with a smile on your face. The thing is it isn't funny anymore and we need to be at our best more or less every week this season. He is not the best option for the centre of defence. He is not half the player some of the support think he is and he isn't 100th of the player he thinks he is!!

Oh, I'd say it's still pretty funny.

ACH bugger....

That by far is the worst rangers team I've seen, previously they were poor but had an outlet in Wallace and ex utd striker name I forget who is injured. Wallace was poor tonite and the miller and Boyd whom I have said will destroy this league didn't look at all at the races, McCoist has a wealth of options,but didn't kick on till the sub's came on and by a fluke to kickstart it. As for us,man for man played their part,Ollie was poor first half but came on to a game but was tiring,wud love to see Millar back in there instead....hmmmm McGrandles tho is wasted further forward and would prefer him in centre,Alston my mom but as said all of them played their part....wudve liked to have seen shepherd on tho to run at them,don't think sibbald was a justified sub...roll on to hibees

Ra Gers should have this league wrapped up by Christmas.

maybe dandy dons might finish third.

as long as the fans fall for the "new era" , it will be easier for milne to sell the idea of the new stadium.

McCoist just hasn't got it and he was incredibly lucky tonight. The 2 central midfield players at no time looked like dominating the middle of the park. Far from it!! Mohsni was embarrassing and looked like Falkirks best chance of a goal all night. He cant be allowed to go on like this. OK i admit he was great entertainment at times last season and his antics at times left you with a smile on your face. The thing is it isn't funny anymore and we need to be at our best more or less every week this season. He is not the best option for the centre of defence. He is not half the player some of the support think he is and he isn't 100th of the player he thinks he is!!

:bairn

Ra Peepul spitting the dummy when their god-given right of dominating teams isn't materialising :lol:

Ffs Falkirk. What is wrong with you?

Every other biggish club (except Motherwell and now Hibs of course) has had some success against the Rangers re-birth. You lot have had more chances than anyone, but keep finding ways to lose.

I'm not interested in tales of your first half domination or of Rangers' jammy opener. Just beat the buggers.

That's Rangers played three competitive games now. They've been dreadful in each of them, yet won two. I fear that this may be the pattern of the season.

Watched the game primarily to have a look at Falkirk before the Challenge Cup game on Tuesday and felt they were unlucky to end up on the losing side. I always believed we'd be in for a tough tie anyway but they played some good stuff. Alston was, for me, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch and I think he's destined for bigger things.

Falkirk passed it well enough but in the first half neither side seemed to create much. In the second, had the header gone in instead of Cammy Bell pulling off a really good save, then I think they'd have gone on to win the game. They were unfortunate with the huge deflection for the first goal but was good instinct from Clark for the second. If Falkirk keep that type of performance up, they'll certainly be in the play-offs and will give Hearts, Hibs and Rangers something to think about. From a Pars viewpoint, hopefully the defeat will have taken a bit out of their team mentally and physically.

As for Rangers, not much else to add other than they were fortuitous in the extreme to get the win. For a club with the second biggest budget in the country, they are brutal. They have hardly any creativity, and are reliant on McCulloch / Boyd winning high balls. Mohsni continues to look like someone pretending to be a footballer. And how much has Nicky Law regressed? A shadow of the player he was at Motherwell IMO.

They may have won the match, but this will continue to paper over the cracks - which could help keep Sally in post, which is pleasing. As I remarked to a pal of mine who supports Rangers last night, a semi-competent manager would get much more out of their squad, even although they aren't world beaters. As it is, they have McCoist and I don't believe teams should fear them. A bit better fortune and Falkirk would've deservedly won that game last night.

Changing shape when we were dominating and creating chances was a strange move. The five in midfield was giving McGrandles, Cooper and Alston the freedom to control the game. Olu was poor in the first half but he was coming on to a game in the second.

There wasn't a bad performer for us aside from Olu early as I said, if I'm being picky MacDonald kept putting every long ball right on to Mohsni's head. He's a comedy footballer but he won every header all night. We lack depth yet again this season, we need at least three players throughout the side to deal with injuries and have options off the bench.

McCoist is becoming a parody of himself, McCulloch in midfield :lol: there was no other way of them scoring beyond that spawny deflection.

How the hell do the Bairns not take something from that game? I hope it's not going to be a season of Sevco fluking results from awful performances. If they carry on playing in the way they've started I can see someone giving them a right dooing.

Ffs Falkirk. What is wrong with you?

Every other biggish club (except Motherwell and now Hibs of course) has had some success against the Rangers re-birth. You lot have had more chances than anyone, but keep finding ways to lose.

I'm not interested in tales of your first half domination or of Rangers' jammy opener. Just beat the buggers.

That's Rangers played three competitive games now. They've been dreadful in each of them, yet won two. I fear that this may be the pattern of the season.

You're turning into a panto villain now Monks, stop over playing it and get back to sitting on the fence.

You're turning into a panto villain now Monks, stop over playing it and get back to sitting on the fence.

I wish i could have seen his face when reading that post from Graeme P. The Raith Rovers supporter who wanted Rangers to beat Falkirk :lol:

Archived