The Sevco v Falkirk

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a chance (against my better judgement) and watched that last nite. Football so poor, devoid of imagination and creativity, I should have known better. Turgid ineffectual huff and puff from rangers, slightly more effectual huff and puff from Falkirk.

For me, taking Olu off changed the game.

Going to 4-4-2 was possibly worth the gamble,

but I thought that Shepherd would have been a better option.

Keeping same formation with Alston going central would have kept it tighter.

Decent enough performance though, Alston and McGrandles both excellent.

Rangers were awful, hope the other championship teams were watching and take a but of heart from that, they can be beaten.

On a separate note why on earth did McLeod look so miserable after he'd scored? No celebration and barely cracked a smile, I get it was a deflection and not one for his scrapbook but his team had just scored FFS, you'd think he'd be happy!

Took a chance (against my better judgement) and watched that last nite. Football so poor, devoid of imagination and creativity, I should have known better. Turgid ineffectual huff and puff from rangers, slightly more effectual huff and puff from Falkirk.

So effectual that they lost? :wacko:

Rangers were awful, hope the other championship teams were watching and take a but of heart from that, they can be beaten.

On a separate note why on earth did McLeod look so miserable after he'd scored? No celebration and barely cracked a smile, I get it was a deflection and not one for his scrapbook but his team had just scored FFS, you'd think he'd be happy!

You mean like Boyd and his GIRFUY reaction when he put the ball in the net? The fact that he was 3 yards offside was hilarious :lol:

Feel a bit sorry for Falkirk. Undoubtedly the better team for most of the game and the only one who looked likely to score up until the deflected goal. Rangers were utterly awful again which is a little worrying, as you cant help feel its going to click one game soon and they'll dish out a real hammering to someone.

McCoist probably went off and kissed Millers hamstring after the match. Rangers looked a better side when Clark came on but theres no way McCoist would have chosen to make that substitution

So effectual that they lost? :wacko:

We played brilliantly at times and failed to score, rangers played rank rotten at times and got a jammy goal. i didnt cry about it cause that football. but it is more or less how the game went. we dominated the midfield for most of the second half due to a their shiteyness and the growth in confidence it gave our players. we realy blew a couple chances especialy those 2 diagonal runs into the 6 yard box ( i think wee shep would have burried them) but anyway ive took a couple things from the game

1. if we play like that every week we'l do alright this season

2. friday night games are the way to go.

3. ollie needs to go on a diet and do some running.

I almost thot to myself last night how unusual it was to hear the rangers supporters singing songs about football for 80 mins, but then of coarse the whole away end blasted out youre uda song to the tune of fields of athenry complete with "f**k boaby sands hes deed" you just cany help youreselves can you?

I'd care a "little" bit less about the ridiculous spending if I wasn't watching awful football, awful performances and undeserved victories. While no fan should wish for anything other than victory for their team - more wins means more of the same garbage for the foreseeable future with McCoist at the helm.

Would happily have spent a bit more time in the lower leagues with vastly reduced spending and a half decent *proven* manager than watch us risk insolvency with this utter p*sh setup. Absolutely chronic. Can't think of a club anywhere else that is making a c*nt of it as much as we are.

Cammy Bell and Wallace are the only players Id take.

The rest are looking really poor based on the first 3 games so far.

Hope you get promoted

Nah on second thoughts that would mean you winning games and I cant have that and you are so bad, mid table or relegation would be better.

That was infuriatingly predictable. We were well on top at the start of the second half and really should have capitalised. I said to my mate as soon as the deflected goal went in that we'd lose by 2 or 3 and so it proved. Usual story.

So frustrating that we could beat a strong Rangers pre-liquidation (the 3-2 game in the cup), but have now lost 4 against that dross.

After our heads went down. You would not have scored that goal if the first hadn't gone in imo.

Thats because Nicky clark scored it and No.8 isn't a fitba player.

I'd care a "little" bit less about the ridiculous spending if I wasn't watching awful football, awful performances and undeserved victories. While no fan should wish for anything other than victory for their team - more wins means more of the same garbage for the foreseeable future with McCoist at the helm.

Would happily have spent a bit more time in the lower leagues with vastly reduced spending and a half decent *proven* manager than watch us risk insolvency with this utter p*sh setup. Absolutely chronic. Can't think of a club anywhere else that is making a c*nt of it as much as we are.

I watched the game at a family party last night and obviously with the party being in Falkirk everyone else watching the game supported the Old Firm but I was pleasantly surprised that all the 'Rangers' fans there seemed to appreciate the situation, the signings of Miller and Boyd were slagged, they seemed to recognise that McCoist is a dreadful imposter of a football manager and the performance was ridiculed - they celebrated the win of course but there was none of the 'swagger' you'd normally expect.

The Rangers utterly pish again?

Has no.8 made an arse of himself yet?

Nope. The officials did well i thought. One glaring error when Murray awarded Rangers a corner when in fact it was clear McLeod knocked it out. Boyd was marginally offside when he scored and earlier the ball clearly struck a Falkirk defenders hand in the box but was never a penalty and i think it was mostly optimistic shouts from the crowd.

Archived