Dumbarton v QOS

Why do you think we will be even more negative today?

Given that we took nothing from Queens at home last season playing so openly, I think he will decide to really tighten it up and play even more cautiously, seeing a point as being a good result (which it probably would be). I personally think this would be a big mistake, cause we won't keep a clean sheet either way, so may as well try and score some goals.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very quiet on here from the Queens fans. Our record up at the rock is very good so long may it continue.

I would hope that we would start with the same team as last week and with a 4-4-2 and take the game to the Sons. Baird and Kerr will be keen to get a start but I would expect them to be on the bench but hey who knows what Mr Mac will do.

I'll go for a tight 2-1 win for Queens.

Its a bit of an odd period for us, I guess. With the injuries we have the team pretty much picks itself. The only thing to discuss would be what formation we start with. Thats a discussion thats been done to death though!

If we go with the same formation as we did in Kirkcaldy then it'll be 2 or 3 we'll lose by. A diamond midfield with wide midfielders leaves the middle of the park empty for the opponent to exploit and to run at the holding player. If the wide men come in to protect the centre of the park, it leaves nobody wide and our fullbacks are exposed.

We either play 5 in midfield with 2 sitting and 3 pushing on to support the lone striker or we play a straight up 4-4-2 with 2 central midfielders, 2 wide midfielders and let them decide during the game who's going to sit and who's going to push on.

If we go with the same formation as we did in Kirkcaldy then it'll be 2 or 3 we'll lose by. A diamond midfield with wide midfielders leaves the middle of the park empty for the opponent to exploit and to run at the holding player. If the wide men come in to protect the centre of the park, it leaves nobody wide and our fullbacks are exposed.

We either play 5 in midfield with 2 sitting and 3 pushing on to support the lone striker or we play a straight up 4-4-2 with 2 central midfielders, 2 wide midfielders and let them decide during the game who's going to sit and who's going to push on.

^^^^ This

If I was picking a line-up for Sons then the only real doubt is midfield.

I'd be tempted to play 4-5-1.

Rodgers in goal.

Back 4 of Taggart, Graham, Mair and Linton (Van Zanten hasn't impressed so far)

2 central midfielders - Agnew and Kirkpatrick (Turner faded from the game pretty badly last week and struggled in the 2nd half)

3 attacking players - Gils and Megginson out wide, Campbell in the middle.

Either Prunty or Nish up front.

The front man doesn't need to be isolated if the 3 attacking midfielders push on and support him. It's 5 in midfield when we're defending and 2 in midfield/4 in attack when we're pushing forward. Campbell has the pace to get forward to support the lone striker.

Unbelievably poor. No width, constantly putting ourselves in danger with ridiculous passing at the back, every cross

, goallkick and freekick overhit; can we not realise that we don't have to kick it so hard when the wind is with us?

As for the goal...

All the problems we feared would be there by playing this ridiculous system and then some.

Kirkpatrick isn't on the wing. We aren't playing with wingers.

Awful formation from Murray. Surely he realises this isn't working? Gils needs to come on and put him and Megginson on the wings.

Leaves the full backs horrendously exposed (both have no pace).

Utterly dreadful.

4-0 didn't flatter QOTS in the slightest, we looked like an amateur mob out there. I absolutely fear the worst for next week, I'm getting the fear just thinking about it. Hard to single anyone out, Murray has to take full responsibillity for that nonsense. Time to ditch the clipboard shite and play to our strengths. Hard to believe that's the same team as last season.

Impressed with Queens who were well worth their win but they wont get an easier 3 points all season.

As bad as I've seen for a while.

No threat, no fight no successful passes and Colin Nish. Taking off Campbell made no sense and the hopelessness of the brutally narrow midfield (especially for goals 3 & 4) where they forgot to close down and tackle. Rogers kick out was poor but the way the midfield stood and watched the Queens player take a touch and bring it down before shooting was criminal.

The football is miserable, the tactics hopeless and Queens won with the greatest ease they will all season.

Few points that stood out: Nish was hopeless and should've gone off wrong before he did. Turner looked out of sorts again, Campbell was our biggest threat. Kirkpatrick isn't a winger and shouldn't take corners. Garry should start and (perhaps controversially) I'd like to see McLaughlin & Taggart come into the defence for DVZ and Mair.

Queens look like a very fit, hard working well set up team. Can see them causing the alleged 'big teams' a lot of bother.

Buzzing for Ibrox now...not.

Edited to add: Seething^^^^^

Edited again to add: Sobbing uncontrollably^^^^^

Hard to single out anyone, not one decent performance. Aye some individual mistakes but far too cagey a formation.

Aggie, kirky and mich getting one shot away in the first half with the wind behind them us ridiculous

Archived