Dumbarton v QOS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent performance! Queens adapted far better to the conditions and could've had a few more goals as Dumbarton really collapsed in the 2nd half. Fowlers goal already a contender for goal of the season - what a peach!

Wind assisted, obviously, but a great goal nonetheless. The Dumbarton fans criticising their midfield for that goal are being pretty harsh. The ball dropped straight to Fowler and it was a fantastic first touch to control the ball dropping from such height. He obviously spotted the keeper wide of the goal and took the shot early. Absolutely smashed off the bar and in :thumsup2

I thought all our goals were good today. Great pressure from Reilly and a really nice pass into Lyle for the first. Reillys header for the second was fantastic and a great run from Russell and pass to play him in for his, obligatory, goal - I was beginning to think it wasnt going to come, especially when he was clean through first half and chose to pass!

Understandably, the Dumbarton fans arent happy with a 4-0 home defeat but the match was pretty even, even at 2-0. It was a comfortable win in the end and Queens created more, and better, chances but Dumbarton were unlucky a couple of times not to score. The wind really didnt help the match as a game of football and theres no doubt the Queens players played the conditions much better.

Oh aye what was the linesman playing at at corners. Stood in the way of the player and refused to move! Made no sense at all.

Aye that was bizzare. Seemed intent on standing directly in the way of the player taking the corner.

Both Sons and Queens players had a go at him over it bit he genuinely thought he was doing nothing wrong. The corner taker should've smashed it directly off his face, that would teach the arsehole.

Must admit I find it hard to blame the players for that shite. Linton's back pass was brought on by having zero other options, which is Murray's fault I'm afraid.

Surely to god the loss of McGinn and Ross and hasn't caused this? We really have been an utter shitfest thus far which isn't down to the players, it's down to the management. We have the exact same squad as last year, the only difference is that they are playing is some sort of top European club clipboard formation which quite clearly is going dreadfully wrong. I suppose it's now where we find out if Murray is man enough to concede deafeat to this nonsense or whether he'll stubbornly try to stick with something that clearly doesn't work, in the fuckin slightest.

No it hasn't, but maybe too many midfield players of similar style and calibre were retained. Sure the tactics are wrong and the players are obviously uncomfortable in the extreme, but we have too many midfielders who flit in and out of games, who are physically lightweight and who simply do not close down opponents. That much has been evident long before this season.

This facet was (again) the key to Queens' victory; every time a Sons player had possession they were hounded, often into an error, by a blue shirt. Our guys just don't do this, and with games won and lost in midfield it's suicidal. As was the decision-making under pressure today, gifting QoS goals for fun.

Long way to go, but with a decent crowd in attendance today that was a shambolic performance and Ian Murray and Co already need to consider Plan B. The silence of the home support said it all.

I'll leave it there, as some folk on here don't take kindly to criticism of DFC.

Wind assisted, obviously, but a great goal nonetheless. The Raith fans criticising their midfield for that goal are being pretty harsh. The ball dropped straight to Fowler and it was a fantastic first touch to control the ball dropping from such height. He obviously spotted the keeper wide of the goal and took the shot early. Absolutely smashed off the bar and in :thumsup2.

Any Raith fan criticising their midfield for Fowler's goal would indeed be behaving incredibly harshly.

It was like being back in the second division with how comfortable it was. Really good job in handling the conditions a lot better than Dumbarton, who were abject in just about every aspect of play today. It was good to stay positive away from home and keep pressing and the goal was in similar circumstances to last week's goal and then the second goal killed it off as a contest, Gavin's goal was a great diving header and Fowler's was a thing of beauty and is a definite goal of the month candidate. We played some good stuff today with the attacking players in great form I thought Lyle was as good as I've seen in a long time and Danny having Linton on toast for the majority of the game. It's still early on but there's a lot to be positive for this season.

Hopefully we can get a lot of fans down to Starks Park to cheer on the top of the table Rovers next week.

Oops :ph34r:

I was going to mention the stadium announcer referring to Queens as Raith when one of the subs was made. Must have still had Raith in my head :lol:

I thought that was a deliberate reference to the aforementioned event!

Final word from me for tonight on the match. Why do we always implode in the second half?

Hamilton HT- 1-1 FT 3-1

Stranraer HT- 0-2 FT 3-2

Raith HT- 0-0 FT 3-1

QOS HT 0-1 FT 0-4

Fitness problems, lack of concentration, too many old legs in the team?

I thought that was a deliberate reference to the aforementioned event!

Final word from me for tonight on the match. Why do we always implode in the second half?

Hamilton HT- 1-1 FT 3-1

Stranraer HT- 0-2 FT 3-2

Raith HT- 0-0 FT 3-1

QOS HT 0-1 FT 1-4

Fitness problems, lack of concentration, too many old legs in the team?

Sorry mate, but the Queens score was actually worse than you're portraying.

Can't blame Murray for everything, he's done wonders for us over the past 2 years keeping us where we are, the players need to have a long hard look at themselves and up their game. Ibrox next week is going to be torture unless we pull the finger out! Could find ourselves adrift at the bottom before long

This is where we find out how much of the past 2 years is down to Murray and how much was down to Jack Ross.

What was the point of bringing back most of last season's team if we weren't going to play last season's football? The gaffer knows these players.

Next week is a write off.

Sorry about the massive edit to your post, but I wanted to highlight the above.

Murray and Ross , as a management team, worked well together as a team. With Ross away, the balance is lost until Muzz and Boozy get their act together as a team, understanding each other better.

They should have stuck to last year's formations. It worked, albeit the team has changed a wee bit - not enough to unbalance it all that much, I'd have thought.

Lastly, I disagree. If we can get the first goal, then the big Scum crowd will probably turn on their Scum. Players.

40,000+ fans booing at you is a lot worse than our twenty or so that booed us today.

All is not lost -we have 36 games to get it right and we don't start playing that well until winter!!!!

I thought it was a good Queens performance today, could easily have been 6/7.

Dumbarton looked a shambles. We dealt much better with the conditions than they did. Zanders kicking into the wind was much better, I don't know how many times I heard the sons players shouting to there keeper to keep it lower and he persisted in lofting it into the wind hardly getting over the half way line. Ie Fowlers great goal, wind assisted but what a strike.

Archived