Sportsound Watch

I'm questioning what a check is.

Honestly, the youth of today.

f**k me.

CheQue. Believe it or not mozza back in the day I competed on behalf of my primary school at the WA (West Australian) Spelling Bee, as a primary 5 student too.

How the mighty have fallen.

On Monday, August 01, 2016 at 22:45, Rednyella said:

Our footballers really are thick as mince. Is it any wonder we haven't qualified for a tournament since 98'. emoji51.png

I'd agreed with Everything you'd said up to here maybe you can tell me why you expect footballers to be philosophers?

I wouldn't expect brain boxes to be great at football or slag them if they weren't, so why the other way around?

Or just doing something for an easy pay check. I find it astonishing that anybody would have a go at MacDonald for that. Second bit... Zzzzz.

Maybe cos he plays for a club with a small mentality then or maybe its just me. Calling Celtic "we" during commentary was pretty poor tbh.

Do you think AFC would allow McGinn to do the same ?. McInnes had to justify to the fans and press why he was at a Killie Celtic game with his Agent, friend Stokes his and child at Xmas a few years back.

Bonner obviously still reading from the Davie Provan book of bitterness.

"The only way Aberdeen can prove they will be Celtics main challenge over Rangers is if they qualify for the Europa League group stages"

Aye right you are Pat, you thick ****

48 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Bonner obviously still reading from the Davie Provan book of bitterness.

"The only way Aberdeen can prove they will be Celtics main challenge over Rangers is if they qualify for the Europa League group stages"

Aye right you are Pat, you thick ****

Aye, because those extra games wouldn't hurt them at all!

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I don't follow the Chick Young situation tbh. On Saturday occasional comments were made over him being retired but not sarcastically/ironically. Is he 'retired' but still doing matches?

He is like the alkie gunfighter who is reduced to doing the old 'heel kicking dance' for quarters only for the young guns to reward him by tossing coins into the spittoon.

Maybe cos he plays for a club with a small mentality then or maybe its just me. Calling Celtic "we" during commentary was pretty poor tbh.

Do you think AFC would allow McGinn to do the same ?. McInnes had to justify to the fans and press why he was at a Killie Celtic game with his Agent, friend Stokes his and child at Xmas a few years back.

I've never heard him say we once when speaking about Celtic. And now you're having a go at Motherwell too for no reason? Wtf

And no wonder Aberdeen were quite close to Celtic were they not and McGinn the Celtic fan is turning out in the Celtic away ends. :lol:

Totally different. Not seen ONE Well fan make this complaint, just yourself. Well fans seem to love him. Bizarre.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I don't follow the Chick Young situation tbh. On Saturday occasional comments were made over him being retired but not sarcastically/ironically. Is he 'retired' but still doing matches?

10 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

He is like the alkie gunfighter who is reduced to doing the old 'heel kicking dance' for quarters only for the young guns to reward him by tossing coins into the spittoon.

He probably just calls into Sportsound when he heads down to Ibrox with his season ticket.....

1 hour ago, sjc said:

as soon as the hitman receives his deposit......

Crowdfunding was invented for this purpose.

Caught the brendan post-match interview, which was a bit of a shambles and after hearing someone say "OK Go", twice his first question was:

"so easy day at the office, not! Describe how you navigated the journey through that rollercoaster of emotions."

cringe.

15 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Crowdfunding was invented for this purpose.

Caught the brendan post-match interview, which was a bit of a shambles and after hearing someone say "OK Go", twice his first question was:

"so easy day at the office, not! Describe how you navigated the journey through that rollercoaster of emotions."

cringe.

Do you think he'd get the message if all the listeners sent in Dignitas flyers for his attention?!

Re Chick Young, making a guess from some stuff he said on Off The Ball the other week, it sounds like he's actually retired as a permanent BBC employee (and is presumably drawing a pension accordingly), and is now freelancing for them.  I'm pretty sure some of the other big names like Richard Gordon are freelancers rather than permanent employees too.  That sound about right to anyone?

Re Sportsound itself, I was disappointed there wasn't any sort of show on Tuesday night to cover the Irn Bru Cup first round.  I know it's a diddy competition, but the introduction of the U20s is a novelty that could have done with the exposure.  I might have been the only one, but I would have loved to listen in to some Open All Mics coverage.  Obviously, it would have been a shambles, with pundits who can barely remember the names of non-Old Firm Premiership players, never mind Highland League and youth players, but it could've been fun.

Then last night, the BBC didn't have the rights to stream the commentary of the Celtic game.  Anyone know why this was?  I always listen to the radio through my phone, as I imagine an increasingly large number of people do.  I can't remember the last time I actually turned the radio on in my flat.  I hope it's not a sign of further cutbacks.

Re Chick Young, making a guess from some stuff he said on Off The Ball the other week, it sounds like he's actually retired as a permanent BBC employee (and is presumably drawing a pension accordingly), and is now freelancing for them.  I'm pretty sure some of the other big names like Richard Gordon are freelancers rather than permanent employees too.  That sound about right to anyone?

Re Sportsound itself, I was disappointed there wasn't any sort of show on Tuesday night to cover the Irn Bru Cup first round.  I know it's a diddy competition, but the introduction of the U20s is a novelty that could have done with the exposure.  I might have been the only one, but I would have loved to listen in to some Open All Mics coverage.  Obviously, it would have been a shambles, with pundits who can barely remember the names of non-Old Firm Premiership players, never mind Highland League and youth players, but it could've been fun.

Then last night, the BBC didn't have the rights to stream the commentary of the Celtic game.  Anyone know why this was?  I always listen to the radio through my phone, as I imagine an increasingly large number of people do.  I can't remember the last time I actually turned the radio on in my flat.  I hope it's not a sign of further cutbacks.

Live games are never broadcasted through radio apps on phones? Open all mics isn't either? Only get them in the car/actual radio. Listened to the commentary on the BBC in the car last night on the way home from fives.

Live games are never broadcasted through radio apps on phones? Open all mics isn't either? Only get them in the car/actual radio. Listened to the commentary on the BBC in the car last night on the way home from fives.

No you normally can