Sportsound Watch

31 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

English calling out Keith Jackson.

"First time I've heard you Keith list the failures of a manager then back him to stay but, I get it, he's a contact of yours, that's ok."

Keith seething. Good stuff.

Wish I'd heard that, English was also brilliant at shredding Solomans the ex Edinburgh Union coach a few days before he resigned.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also tam McManus said Darren McGregor should be in the squad over Hanley

Nobody should ever take anything he says seriously ever again

This clamour to cap Championship players just because they play for a 'big club' is dreadful.

John Baird has been prolific in the Championship for years. Should he be capped?

Conrad Balatoni was an absolute standout for us in that division and seems to be doing very well at Ayr. Is he the answer to our defensive problems?

Laughable nonsense.

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Someone should ask keef what rangers players were assaulted at hampden and proof of it.

I asked the Rangers fans at my work about that.

50k folk wi phones.Hundreds of press and TV cameras.

I'm sure there are plenty photos and footage of Rangers players getting thumped.

I'm still waiting.

This clamour to cap Championship players just because they play for a 'big club' is dreadful.

John Baird has been prolific in the Championship for years. Should he be capped?

Conrad Balatoni was an absolute standout for us in that division and seems to be doing very well at Ayr. Is he the answer to our defensive problems?

Laughable nonsense.

That's probably right, but the next Scotland manager should possibly try and give more Scottish Premiership players a chance. Maybe actually use all the friendly dates. Why did we turn down a friendly this week?

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That's probably right, but the next Scotland manager should possibly try and give more Scottish Premiership players a chance. Maybe actually use all the friendly dates. Why did we turn down a friendly this week?

Because Strachan had a golf holiday arranged.

Laughable nonsense.

So is your bizarre hatred of hibs, tbf.

On 7 November 2016 at 09:17, The Master said:

I listened to Rae's post-match report from Dens and he made Derek Ferguson sound eloquent. 

Did he not used to work for Radio Clyde before St Mirren came calling? He should go back there - it's about his level.

Alex Rae is a moron.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Keith and Spiers going at it was most entertaining. Spiers, for all his foibles, still miles ahead of 'teder meatballs'.

What is this 'teder meatballs' alias all about?

Last night Chick Young said Callum Paterson would have scored the header Grant Hanley missed against England.

What does that have to do with anything? Putting aside the fact that any player can miss a header, and the fact that Paterson is technically nowhere near good enough for international football, they play different positions so Hanley isn’t even keeping Paterson out of the team anyway.

This worry me deeply, why are you listening to chuck young

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I've stopped listening

Also I'm not buying this Tam McManus at all, was a massive fan of the B team idea and yesterday suggested playing Kingsley and Patterson as our starting centre halves. When someone called him out on it he said 'well we haven't tried it what've we got to lose' or something along those lines. Constantly speaks shite IMO.

Kingsley has played in the Premiership for Swansea at centre half and Patterson is the best defender we have in the air by a mile attacks the ball superbly. Why not give them a chance the next few games we ain't gonna qualify anyhow and have been horrendous at the central defence they are young and hungry can't be any worse than Hanley who is honestly the worst centre half I've ever seen play for Scotland and there's been a few heid like a 20p piece

14 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Laughable nonsense.

Darren McGregor was superb for St Mirren in the premier league that's why he got a move to Rangers. He would get into 5 or 6 teams at least in the Premiership so I don't think it's that bad a shout. He is very aggressive quick and can head the fckin baw 

Last night’s Sportsound would have been much better with a decent host. Kenny McIntyre just waits for gaps to get in his own opinion or make jokes. At least Rob McLean (though I’m not his biggest fan) and Richard Gordon realise as hosts their job is try and keep some assemblance of order and make sure everyone gets an even say, whether their view is right or wrong.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Jim Lambie? Jim fucking Lambie? Criticising a programme for not paying enough attention to Scottish Football and getting John Lambie's name wrong is a minter of the highest order.

I have to confess I'm not an avid listener to Sportsound but whenever I do it seems to either be of a good standard or complete and utter garbage.  You either get interesting, thoughtful punditry or old pals talking complete rubbish.

So much in Scottish football seems to be an old mates act.  A lot of the hacks, the coaching, the agents, the managers, Largs etc.  f**k the lot of them.  Appoint some insane foreign nutcase like Bielsa and get Alex Smith, Chic Young and all these utter fuckwands to fucking f**k.

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Couple of belter's there.

Here's my favourite though (other than the Chic Young Iceland comment)

Barry Ferguson: “I must have been watching a different game. I thought we had the best chance of the first half apart from Sturridge scoring that goal.”

Edited by shootingboots