Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don't know what happens to the team relegated from Division 2, though in my defence I'm not paid to broadcast about Scottish Football

So what does happen?

I might be wrong but do they not go to whatever league is local to them below div 2 ie lowland league,Highland league or east of Scotland league 

He was also greeting about St Mirren fans going on the pitch at full time. 

When, and why, did folk start crying about a pitch invasion from fans who's team have just won the league? 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

He was also greeting about St Mirren fans going on the pitch at full time. 

When, and why, did folk start crying about a pitch invasion from fans who's team have just won the league? 

Nothing wrong with a wee bit exuberance :angel

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Tony Fitzpatrick getting a tad carried away by claiming that St Mirren are a top 4 Premiership club 

Fitzpatrick also said he thought Jack Ross was better than Sir Alex Ferguson and Ross played a huge part in almost securing the City of Culture for Paisley!Have St Mirren ever finished top 4 in new set up?

8 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Fitzpatrick also said he thought Jack Ross was better than Sir Alex Ferguson and Ross played a huge part in almost securing the City of Culture for Paisley!Have St Mirren ever finished top 4 in new set up?

Have they ever finished top 4 at all?

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So does that trigger a round of extra relegations all the way down?

He is partly wrong. A relegated SPFL team goes into either the HL or LL, depending if they are N or S of the Tay.

If Cowden do go down this year, a second team would be relegated from the LL to either the SoS or EoS league.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He is partly wrong. A relegated SPFL team goes into either the HL or LL, depending if they are N or S of the Tay.

If Cowden do go down this year, a second team would be relegated from the LL to either the SoS or EoS league.

Highly likely now that it would be Vale of Leithen into the EOS. Today’s results mean Whitehill are safe alongside Gala, and Dalbeattie are the only  club left still needing to scrape enough points. It might have been settled today but Vale’s game was off.

Edited by The Mantis

43 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Highly likely now that it would be Vale of Leithen into the EOS. Today’s results mean Whitehill are safe alongside Gala, and Dalbeattie are the only  club left still needing to scrape enough points. It might have been settled today but Vale’s game was off.

Yeah, it's really interesting; I've been keeping an eye on it all season.

The fact Gordon & Co did not even know what happened to team 42 and beyond was simply staggering. I didn't think my opinion of them could sink any lower this season, but there you go...

And they can have odd numbers of teams so they don’t need to demote anybody

I get it now

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I get it now

HFL could go to 17 and still have the same number of matchdays. Fort William are in real danger of collapse or withdrawal, but it's nothing to do with Cowden or whoever being relegated.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I get it now

They can also admit a new member to have an even numbers of teams should they wish

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, it's really interesting; I've been keeping an eye on it all season.

Aye, at the risk of hijacking the thread, I was at Whitehill 4 Gala 2 today which ended a run of 8 defeats for WW. Probably the worst run in their history. Also saw the Cowdenbeath- East Kilbride playoff last year where Cowdenbeath survived on penalties. 

Edited by The Mantis