Sportsound Watch

A rare chance for me to catch Sportsound on Wednesday whilst I was driving to Edinburgh and after about 45 minutes of mourning for Brendan leaving Celtic the conversation turned to how he had led the Celtic fans on. Someone, possibly Dodds or McCann said that Rodgers should have told fans "For the time that I am with Celtic I am up for 10 in a row" rather than saying he was absolutely committed to the club. How do these utter clowns get a gig on the radio? In fairness to him, Willie Miller was the only one making much sense pointing out that players and managers say this dream come true stuff all the time when they join a new club and why should it be any different with Celtic. No one really seemed to have a response to that.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

A rare chance for me to catch Sportsound on Wednesday whilst I was driving to Edinburgh and after about 45 minutes of mourning for Brendan leaving Celtic the conversation turned to how he had led the Celtic fans on. Someone, possibly Dodds or McCann said that Rodgers should have told fans "For the time that I am with Celtic I am up for 10 in a row" rather than saying he was absolutely committed to the club. How do these utter clowns get a gig on the radio? In fairness to him, Willie Miller was the only one making much sense pointing out that players and managers say this dream come true stuff all the time when they join a new club and why should it be any different with Celtic. No one really seemed to have a response to that.

In a vague connection, Rodgers says he'll "give his life" for Leicester. Not prone to hyperbole, is he?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

15 hours ago, Green Day said:

Some slavering pish from Chic Young about Partick Thistle tonight - doing his usual patronising nonsense.

Only listened to a wee bit of that this morning, normally I listen to most of the shows on my way to work but had to just dingy this one as Chic Young is a pain in tits. It really annoys me how he's always got to try and attempt some sort of wee joke at the end of almost everything he says and even more annoying that a lot of people laugh along with him....."Awe wee Chic, wits he like, haha" piss aff!

15 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In a vague connection, Rodgers says he'll "give his life" for Leicester. Not prone to hyperbole, is he?

Even in the context of ludicrous things said by football personalities, "I will give my LIFE for Leicester City FC" is pretty exceptional.

3 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Only listened to a wee bit of that this morning, normally I listen to most of the shows on my way to work but had to just dingy this one as Chic Young is a pain in tits. It really annoys me how he's always got to try and attempt some sort of wee joke at the end of almost everything he says and even more annoying that a lot of people laugh along with him....."Awe wee Chic, wits he like, haha" piss aff!

Chick Young is a fucking moron, see Jim Duffy for the Scotland job, him saying Falkirk got the better manager when Jeffries went to Hearts and Falkirk got stuck with Lambie, his pish about Gerry Collins and a homeless guy, I'm sure he championed Andy Smith for a Scotland cap, likewise Chic Charnley. He knows f**k all about football, and it's a travesty licence payers money funds this fuckwitted shitgibbon. 

Caught some of Ian McCall tonight and thought he was rather good. 

On sectarianism, he said something to the effect of "Let's not pretend it's a Scottish football problem; it's about two clubs".   He was firmly in favour of strict liability.

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

On sectarianism, he said something to the effect of "Let's not pretend it's a Scottish football problem; it's about two clubs".   He was firmly in favour of strict liability.

He's wrong. There's plenty of arsehole bigots Hearts need to get rid of.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

He's wrong. There's plenty of arsehole bigots Hearts need to get rid of.

Well I'll accept that your seat is more ringside than mine.

I think though that the sectarian identity is far more closely aligned to the OF than to others.  I think that the issue would scarcely exist without them.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's good to see monkey your hatred for the Glasgow two blinds you from having any worthwhile debate.

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is naive or hatred monkey you can point the finger all you want but this problem is a social problem in our society.  

Aye, between Rangers and Celtic fans in our society. 

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is naive or hatred monkey you can point the finger all you want but this problem is a social problem in our society.  

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Aye, between Rangers and Celtic fans in our society. 

You don't actually believe that, I hope.

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd love to see strict liability introduced but 3 or 4 clubs just wouldn't go for it, so it won't happen.

As a fan of Ayr, we've some songs that some find distasteful and we've a group of fans that like pyro (I don't mind either), if either of those were dragged in under strict liability I've no doubt that our fanbase would cease both instantly as neither are that important to those that partake in them.

I'm of an age where I along with the majority have sang bigoted songs, not because I was bigoted but because it was aimed at whichever of the ugly sisters we were playing, like most Ayr fans, I ceased that sort of thing many decades ago once I realised it was a load of shite and what it was actually about.

It's only a problem in the parts of Scotland that speak with a whiny, nasal accent.
I genuinely had no idea what sectarianism was until I was about 14, don't tar us all with the weedgie brush.

Depends what you mean. It would be crass to deny that every club has elements that turn up and use sectarian terms such as ****** at Celtic/rangers games particularly, so in that regard it is a national issue.

As for a deep rooted, societal, what school did you go to type culture outside of a football stadium, it simply doesn’t exist in Aberdeen (from personal experience) and can bet that it doesn’t in Dundee or most of eastern Scotland.

But if we’re serious about stamping it out at football we can’t pretend some diddy clubs don’t engage in the act, even if it is just a retort to Celtic/rangers fans during a game.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Depends what you mean. It would be crass to deny that every club has elements that turn up and use sectarian terms such as ****** at Celtic/rangers games particularly, so in that regard it is a national issue.

As for a deep rooted, societal, what school did you go to type culture outside of a football stadium, it simply doesn’t exist in Aberdeen (from personal experience) and can bet that it doesn’t in Dundee or most of eastern Scotland.

But if we’re serious about stamping it out at football we can’t pretend some diddy clubs don’t engage in the act, even if it is just a retort to Celtic/rangers fans during a game.

Your second paragraph was what I was getting at. It's a planet weedgie thing and it pisses me off hearing/reading it's nation wide.