Sportsound Watch

I thought that was what Stewart said, but they just apologised for any words at half-time so I just assumed it must have been something stronger. Because there's no way p***k is an offensive word when you consider someone of the stuff you hear on the radio.

Although apparently Div agrees with BBC Scotland

Edited by forkboy

Was chuckling like f**k at "Mikey's" "p***k talk".

It's pretty ironic after all the controversial things he's said it'll be that comment that ends him 

A doffed cap to him.

It’s a relief they are keeping the music feature for the post match bit of Sportsound. Was worried they might bin that and I’d never get to hear what Billy Dodds three favourite songs are.

On 03/08/2024 at 16:56, eez-eh said:

So many talking boints.

Yooooge game today at Hamdin in the Scoddish Premiershib.

17 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Have they just canned OAM altogether now? In favour of full commentary from whichever cheek is playing + occasional other game updates?

If anyone from another game chimes in they get shut down straight away. When the Motherwell physio came on for “the longest stoppage of the game” it gave them the chance to get back to talking about Rangers’ midweek performance.

Doesn't this normally happen now when only two or three games are on in the Premiership and one of the Old Firm are playing? I gave up listening a while ago when it became clear they were more interested in whatever was or wasn't happening with Rangers/Celtic whilst pretend arguing and making shite jokes about every other topic.

It was about 40 minutes in before they grudgingly referred to the other Premiership game on at 3 pm. Endured a lengthy debate about how Rangers will adapt to the Hampden pitch and some chat about the size of Clement's tadger (possibly). Macintyre, and some faceless producer, really have f**ked it. 

Edited by Gibby82

20 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The big Hampden pitch myhth, eh?

It's a MASSIVE one metre wider than Ibrox. 

Football pundits (and, to an extent, managers) invariably believe that the size of a pitch is proportionate to the size and prestige of the stadium surrounding it. 

You generally hear it from the other direction, when a Premiership team gets a cup draw against a lower league team. “They’ll struggle on the narrow pitch”…that’s actually half a yard wider than their home pitch. 

KMaC was on before tonight's game and revealed he'd been on Rangers fan forums (naw!) and had sussed that Sevcoites were worried about what he called 'the Hampden Effect': lack of atmosphere, not being able to pen away supporters in that horrible wee oxter of the big hoose where they can be properly intimidated etc. He quoted some Ibrox leg-end as suggesting playing at Hampden reduced their chances from 70% to 50%.

Getting excuses in first.

On 11/08/2024 at 10:36, The Master said:

Football pundits (and, to an extent, managers) invariably believe that the size of a pitch is proportionate to the size and prestige of the stadium surrounding it. 

You generally hear it from the other direction, when a Premiership team gets a cup draw against a lower league team. “They’ll struggle on the narrow pitch”…that’s actually half a yard wider than their home pitch. 

I remember a couple of Spurs fans running down Coleraine's pitch when we played them in the ECWC - "It's all right for playing in their league but too small for European matches" - when the Showgrounds was actually bigger than White Hart Lane. 

In the interests of fairness I’ve been critical of Sportsound in the past, but I must say, I thought that was a much better listen tonight.

The lengthy mewling, wailing and greeting about a decision that, domestically, goes in Rangers (and Celtic’s) favour umpteen times a season and then barely warrants a mention was just 💋 👌. Essential listening.

10/10 - Would recommend. 

10 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

No surprise that Derek Ferguson doesn't think the Rangers manager should listen to the medical teams advice.

Play them, take a risk!

I heard that. Clement should be overruling his medical staff, who apparently are picking the team. 

On 14/08/2024 at 20:08, kingjoey said:

I heard that. Clement should be overruling his medical staff, who apparently are picking the team. 

Can they also do the interviews? His overuse of the word 'also' is getting on my tits.